The Student Room Group

Most tolerant countries

Scroll to see replies

Lol, I stopped reading here

Original post by NickLCFC
Here's the current South Africa President singing 'Kill the Boer' :smile:

[video="youtube;6fzRSE_p1Ys"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fzRSE_p1Ys[/video]

Well, you try living in apartheid, see how you feel afterwards
Original post by Multiculturalism

I wouldn't feel like cold-bloodingly killing people.
If you want to go on a holiday in South Africa any time soon, I suggest you google boer genocide. Just don't do it before bedtime.
Reply 22
Original post by ivybridge
Canada
Great Britain
Germany

All 3 of them places arrest people for saying their thoughts when they disagree with with certain groups seems tolerant.
Lol, I stopped reading here

Think what you want of apartheid, but under it, South Africa was a far more prosperous, peaceful, cohesive and functional society for both blacks and whites. Had communist agitators like the ANC not stirred up racial hatred and violence amongst the black community, the country would probably still be that way. And apartheid would have been naturally and peacefully phased out anyway, without the ANC's "help".
Reply 24
Don't you respect Russia for banning "homosexual propaganda"? I don't think I can ever take you seriously after that.

Also South Africa is rife with racial tension and hate crime; read a book OP
Original post by Greenlaner
Think what you want of apartheid, but under it, South Africa was a far more prosperous, peaceful, cohesive and functional society for both blacks and whites. Had communist agitators like the ANC not stirred up racial hatred and violence amongst the black community, the country would probably still be that way. And apartheid would have been naturally and peacefully phased out anyway, without the ANC's "help".

Right, as long as the blacks did what they were told while the whites occupied the top tier of society...please
Original post by RobML
Also South Africa is rife with racial tension and hate crime; read a book OP

Can you name a country with 0% racism?

Original post by LaMandarine
I wouldn't feel like cold-bloodingly killing people.
If you want to go on a holiday in South Africa any time soon, I suggest you google boer genocide. Just don't do it before bedtime.

Come on, I'm not falling for this 'white genocide' nonsense
Can you name a country with 0% racism?

Come on, I'm not falling for this 'white genocide' nonsense

For a "multiculturalist" you're very unicultural.
Of course you don't fall for it, you're not a Boer and you don't live in South Africa. You're just sitting behind a screen in the comfort and safety of your dorm, either taking the piss on a student forum, or being unfortunately blind, to say the least.
Mate, my friends live in Moscow and have done ever since they were born. They actually could not contain their laughter at this comment. Another friend of mine is the sister of Natalia Vodianova. The same was said by her. She studies in America now.

Research means jack-**** in comparison with the experiences of those who actually live there. 'Tolerance' - no way. Perhaps people can get on with their lives in many cases but by and large, that does not mean tolerant. Russia is quite proud of being intolerant - it thinks its the best approach to life: keeping things traditional, Russian, and so on. Nobody is saying there's anything oh-so wrong with that but saying it demonstrates tolerance is ****ing laughable.

Original post by joecphillips
All 3 of them places arrest people for saying their thoughts when they disagree with with certain groups seems tolerant.

Lol, deluded.
Reply 29
Mate, my friends live in Moscow and have done ever since they were born. They actually could not contain their laughter at this comment. Another friend of mine is the sister of Natalia Vodianova. The same was said by her. She studies in America now.

Research means jack-**** in comparison with the experiences of those who actually live there. 'Tolerance' - no way. Perhaps people can get on with their lives in many cases but by and large, that does not mean tolerant. Russia is quite proud of being intolerant - it thinks its the best approach to life: keeping things traditional, Russian, and so on. Nobody is saying there's anything oh-so wrong with that but saying it demonstrates tolerance is ****ing laughable.

Lol, deluded.

How am i? It is true people in the uk have been arrested for anti-migrant post's, germany are working with facebook to crack down on them and in canada a man was put on trial and banned from the internet for 3 years for disagreeing with a feminists who accused him of harrasment despite the fact that by her definition of harrasment she was guilty of it and he was trying to stop it.

That seems tolerant of different views.
How am i? It is true people in the uk have been arrested for anti-migrant post's, germany are working with facebook to crack down on them and in canada a man was put on trial and banned from the internet for 3 years for disagreeing with a feminists who accused him of harrasment despite the fact that by her definition of harrasment she was guilty of it and he was tryong to stop it.

That seems tolerant of different views.

Yeah okay pal, that's so true when half the government think immigration is a problem in the UK. Stop talking absolute trash.
I think they are

South Africa
Brazil
Sweden
Canada
Germany

What do you think?

Brazil is a catholic country and in general is not particularly open-minded. The UK is much more tolerant.
India . I mean we've got so many different types of people
Reply 33
Yeah okay pal, that's so true when half the government think immigration is a problem in the UK. Stop talking absolute trash.

Are you saying that it has never happened?
Truth = trash now does it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Are you saying that it has never happened?
Truth = trash now does it?

What you just described, exactly as you described it, yes. Yes I am saying exactly that.

No, trash = trash. Which describes your delusional statement.
Reply 35
What you just described, exactly as you described it, yes. Yes I am saying exactly that.

No, trash = trash. Which describes your delusional statement.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/16/man-arrested-facebook-posts-syrian-refugees-scotland
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/07/cologne-google-facebook-twitter-yield-german-govt-demand-censor-anti-migrant-hate-speech/
R v Elliot for the Canadian case

The truth is if someone takes offence to any post in this country you can be jailed for 6 months.
(edited 8 years ago)

First of all, that second article is a load of biased tosh that doesn't even explain the issue.

Secondly, the link for the article by The Guardian is also ridiculous because it doesn't show examples of what was said. As such, your point is invalid - hate crime is hate crime, a controversial opinion is something entirely different and you're jumping the gun completely. Using those articles to prove a point? Give over. You don't even know what was said.
Reply 37
First of all, that second article is a load of biased tosh that doesn't even explain the issue.

Secondly, the link for the article by The Guardian is also ridiculous because it doesn't show examples of what was said. As such, your point is invalid - hate crime is hate crime, a controversial opinion is something entirely different and you're jumping the gun completely. Using those articles to prove a point? Give over. You don't even know what was said.

http://www.naturalnews.com/052358_tech_giants_censorship_Germany.html
There is a crackdown on free speech.

His posts should not matter unless he has encouraged people to attack the immigrants and there is absolutely nothing in any report that suggests he has.

He has also been banned from the Internet just like Gregory Allen Elliot.
http://www.naturalnews.com/052358_tech_giants_censorship_Germany.html
There is a crackdown on free speech.

His posts should not matter unless he has encouraged people to attack the immigrants and there is absolutely nothing in any report that suggests he has.

He has also been banned from the Internet just like Gregory Allen Elliot.

This is why you are deluded. Hate crime is a real problem and Europe has enough problems dealing with this mess, a mess with which the UK, America and so on share partial blame for. The posts made matter VERY much. If you don't even know what is said then you haven't a leg to ****ing stand on so move along.

That other link cites nothing of value either. Give up. Your argument has no basis in fact - it's *******s that you purport because you're a bit butthurt.
This is why you are deluded. Hate crime is a real problem and Europe has enough problems dealing with this mess, a mess with which the UK, America and so on share partial blame for. The posts made matter VERY much. If you don't even know what is said then you haven't a leg to ****ing stand on so move along.

That other link cites nothing of value either. Give up. Your argument has no basis in fact - it's *******s that you purport because you're a bit butthurt.

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending