The Student Room Group

Unicorn's Kingdom MKII

Scroll to see replies

How are all my weird and wonderful friends doing?! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
I didn't actually take General Studies. Asking me to take a look at questions for a subject I've never studied and then using my probable inability to do well on them as evidence for their difficulty is an obviously fallacious proof. :tongue:

we dont study anything on general studies....
all we do is attending guests - we actually dont do anything on GS like NOTHING...
we gotta use our brain to do this exam... we haven't been taught for this exam
so you should try
Original post by fatima1998
all we do is attending guests - we actually dont do anything on GS like NOTHING...
so you should try

Meh, I can't be bothered with this. It's mind-numbingly boring.

what club? :tongue:

The club of those who prefer essay :mmm:

Original post by Hydeman
You're both crazy, in that case. :eviltongue:

Never pretended I was not :u:

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman
Meh, I can't be bothered with this. It's mind-numbingly boring.

ha ha ha.... just admit that you can't do it :tongue:
and we had to do this - 40 Multiple choices and reading those sources which have nooo obvious answers - sometimes its overlap so its more than 2 answers but you gotta choose one so we just guess them...
essays are completely FINE :yep:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
The club of those who prefer essay :mmm:

multiple choices are harder than essays :lol:
joining :
:teehee:
ha ha ha.... just admit that you can't do it :tongue:
and we had to do this - 40 Multiple choices and reading those sources which have nooo obvious answers - sometimes its overlap so its more than 2 answers but you gotta choose one so we just guess them...
essays are completely FINE :yep:

I refer you to my previous reply:

Original post by Hydeman
I didn't actually take General Studies. Asking me to take a look at questions for a subject I've never studied and then using my probable inability to do well on them as evidence for their difficulty is an obviously fallacious proof. :tongue:

For the record, I studied all three sciences and mathematics, and got decent grades in all of them, so I highly doubt that I couldn't do them, if I actually felt like it. :lol:

Never pretended I was not :u:

Spoiler

Coulda sworn you did... :grumble:

Spoiler

joining :

Those questions in that link are easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
I refer you to my previous reply:

For the record, I studied all three sciences and mathematics, and got decent grades in all of them, so I highly doubt that I couldn't do them, if I actually felt like it. :lol:

and i also refer to my previous reply

so you should try

we never did anything for GS - they just gave us a mock exam to do so no preparation for that :yep:
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Those questions in that link are easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

do then!

Spoiler

and i also refer to my previous reply

we never did anything for GS - they just gave us a mock exam to do so no preparation for that :yep:

That's not by design, though. Just means that your school doesn't care to prepare you properly. :tongue:
do then!

Spoiler

No, I'm busy. But you just have to think critically, you're not going to find word for word answers in the piece they want you to read, that's the point.
Original post by Hydeman
That's not by design, though. Just means that your school doesn't care to prepare you properly. :tongue:

you cannot prepare for this exam at all.... there isn't spec to use for revision... so you can't prepare for the exam :no:
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
No, I'm busy. But you just have to think critically, you're not going to find word for word answers in the piece they want you to read, that's the point.

some of them overlap... there isnt any point of saying when you dont wanna try :colone:
i usually guess them after reading the source because they are rubbish
essays are the easiest to do :yes:
you cannot prepare for this exam at all.... there isn't spec to use for revision... so you can't prepare for the exam :no:

Fatima, it's an A Level exam. It's required of exam boards to make exams that can be prepared for. Seriously, ease up on the self-pity. :tongue:
Original post by Hydeman
Fatima, it's an A Level exam. It's required of exam boards to make exams that can be prepared for. Seriously, ease up on the self-pity. :tongue:

OMGGGG Haydeman, you CAN'T prepare for it...you really can't
you just use your BRAIN to answer the question and waffle in essays if you are that smart to pick up the marks
(edited 7 years ago)
OMGGGG Haydeman, you CAN'T prepared for it...you really can't
you just use your BRAIN to answer the question and waffle in essays if you are that smart to pick up the marks

This is true of most if not all the exams that one is likely to face in school.
Original post by Hydeman
This is true of most if not all the exams that one is likely to face in school.

like R.E - i waffled and quoted some bible quotes and got marks...
in general studies... i think you have to be socially active or you gotta have some sort of experience to do the exam.. like questions about x-factor (never watched it)
some questions on history - have no idea..
joining :

:mmm: :mmm:

Original post by Hydeman

Coulda sworn you did... :grumble:

Spoiler

This emoji is just too funny :lol: :lol:

Spoiler

This emoji is just too funny :lol: :lol: