The Student Room Group

How much maintenance loan?

I am entitled to the maximum (£8200) maintenance loan and am currently filling out my student finance form, current/former university students, how much were you spending per week etc? As I definitely want to have enough money but do not want to apply for the maximum if it is not needed.

Also I am hopefully going to UEA and will be entitled to a scholarship (£1000 payment in February) so what do you think with the extra £1000.
That's impossible to asnwer. How much is your rent and how many weeks rent? And then there's things like the course you're doing. If you're studying art for example, this is going to be far more expensive than say, a computing based course. It also depends on you and whether you're someone who goes out a few times a week drinking.
(edited 7 years ago)
It really depends on you. It's not that noticeable when you pay it back, so it may be worth taking it all and putting away anything you don't need. My loans didn't even cover my rent.
Reply 3
Original post by Tiger Rag
That's impossible to asnwer. How much is your rent and how many weeks rent? And then there's things like the course you're doing. If you're studying art for example, this is going to be far more expensive than say, a computing based course. It also depends on you and whether you're someone who goes out a few times a week drinking.

Based on the accommodation which I want which is £105 per week for 38 weeks (£4024), I am doing Marketing & Management so cant imagine there will be too much to pay for other than textbooks possible, also yes I am looking to go out quite a far bit but feel like I am good and careful with money, however i'd rather have too much rather than too little.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending