The Student Room Group

Sikh temple that was bombed was bombed by ISIS.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nucdev
Would you call the British Government or the American Government a "Christian led government"?
If not, why is the Indian Govt. called a "Hindu led government"?

Fyi, the Home Minister during the lead up to 1984 was Zail Singh - a Sikh

I only make the distinction of 'Hindu led' as that was who the militants at the time had most issue with. Religion was the major catalyst at the time for much of what happened and so I felt it was prudent to highlight that.
Original post by M14B
Very surprised to see ISIS attack "non Western targets"

Not really considering they love killing their own people.

I am proud she was assasinated.
I condemn the Air India bombing massively which was anger because of Indian government killing the sikhs in in the 80s.
I would love to see any other examples other then the Air India bombings.
What would you expect muslims around the world to do if Saudi goverment took army into Mecca and attacked it aswell as killing innocent civilians in 'crossfire'.
Reply 23
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Same!

I also find it surprising, definitely would have thought it to be a hate crime.

It doesn't make sense. Indian culture and communities have never been the victims of Islamic terrorism. Don't believe this at first sight. This is most likely a western attack made to look like it was ISIS. It makes absolutely no sense ISIS would have a reason to attack people from the Sikh or Hindu religions, sounds fishy to me.

Original post by physicsmaths
Last week, a powerful bomb was thrown into a sikh temple in Essen,Germany. Luckily the bomb did not make it through the door (inside there were approx 100-200 people attending a wedding) and landed outside next to the flagpole but it was so power all the windows of surrounding flats were smashed aswell. 3 people were injured.
Today in the German media it has been recealed that supporters/members of ISIS committed this, I was surprised since I thought it was a hate crime.
Opinions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please don't believe this at first sight. Think for a minute. How could ISIS attack something related to Indian culture? The two do not go hand in hand, this is undoubtedly a western cover up.

Original post by Multiculturalism
Its a far right group framing Muslims. How can people still fall for it?? How easy it is for them to frame Muslims, all they need to do is dress up in religious clothing, and 'accidentally' be spotted by CCTV

I agree, stupid that people are already blaming ISIS for this attack. ISIS are barbaric and evil scum don't get me wrong but attacking a Sikh temple? Yeh right lol

Original post by M14B

Ffs, it's not ISIS, they have no motive for such an attack, think outside the box
Reply 24
Original post by physicsmaths
I am proud she was assasinated.
I condemn the Air India bombing massively which was anger because of Indian government killing the sikhs in in the 80s.
I would love to see any other examples other then the Air India bombings.
What would you expect muslims around the world to do if Saudi goverment took army into Mecca and attacked it aswell as killing innocent civilians in 'crossfire'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_seizure

Hope the govt of the day and Army successfully clears it of terrorists
Original post by BaconandSauce

Come on, its not a conspiracy theory, its a pretty obvious scenario
Original post by M14B

trust me ISIS hates everything non islamic.

hell they hate muslims liberals, muslim shiites, muslim gays as well.
Reply 27
Original post by Omen96
It doesn't make sense. Indian culture and communities have never been the victims of Islamic terrorism. Don't believe this at first sight. This is most likely a western attack made to look like it was ISIS. It makes absolutely no sense ISIS would have a reason to attack people from the Sikh or Hindu religions, sounds fishy to me.

I'll tell that to the victims of 26/11 (the Mumbai attacks) or the countless other attacks on Indian soil before and after 26/11 shall I? :rolleyes:

Original post by MrDystopia
I only make the distinction of 'Hindu led' as that was who the militants at the time had most issue with. Religion was the major catalyst at the time for much of what happened and so I felt it was prudent to highlight that.

Imo it was more of a political issue with the government's own divisive policies and actions rather than a Hindu-Sikh issue.
Original post by Multiculturalism
Come on, its not a conspiracy theory, its a pretty obvious scenario

It is a conspiracy theory

no it's not 'obvious' it's just you want the enemy to different to the ones it is as you have an obvious agenda
Original post by BaconandSauce

he is a troll. quite obvious one.
Reply 30
Original post by nucdev
I'll tell that to the victims of 26/11 (the Mumbai attacks) or the countless other attacks on Indian soil before and after 26/11 shall I? :rolleyes:

Imo it was more of a political issue with the government's own divisive policies and actions rather than a Hindu-Sikh issue.

There is no link to attacks on Indian soil and Islamic terror. There is no proof but western fabrications. ISIS and Indians have no conflict. Islamic terror has never attacked those on Indian soil.
Original post by Omen96
There is no link to attacks on Indian soil and Islamic terror. There is no proof but western fabrications. ISIS and Indians have no conflict. Islamic terror has never attacked those on Indian soil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Indian_Mujahideen_attacks

The facts tell us something different
Original post by jon2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_seizure

Hope the govt of the day and Army successfully clears it of terrorists

This is a different scenario.
Amount of people that died differs so much.
The lies of the Indian Governmwnt about how many died.
This was a religious attack on Sikhism as people to water down the movement and they attacked on one of the most holiest days in the year. 84 other temples not containing Sikh 'terrorists' were also attacked.
Justify it mate.
How many died? Indian Government white paper category “civilian/terrorist”: 493AP, Reuter and New York Times (June 11, 1984) 1,000Author Mark Tully’s (Amritsar, Mrs. Ghandi’s last battle) 2,093Amritsar crematorium worker 3,300Author Chand Joshi (Bhindranwale: Myth and Reality) 5,000Eyewitnesses 8,000How many killed were “combatants” Government White Paper 200, 35 bodies in Akal Takht 200A.I.S.S.F. Member 100 fighters June 5th 100S.S. Bhagowalia, V.P. Association for Democratic Rights 140-150Indian Government White Paper Own troops killed 83Own troops wounded 249Civilians/terrorists killed 493Terrorists and other injured 86Civilians/terrorists apprehended 1,592
Countless attacks on sikhism as a faith even though sikhism is only violent agains opression as seen in history.
As a SIkh, most of the extremism in our religion was at its height during the 1980s. As someone has shown, it stemmed mostly from this movement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalistan_movement

Essentially, that the Sikh community should have it's own nation (Based in Punjab). So Sikhs often clashed with the Hindu led Government of India during that time. Already linked was this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182 Prior to 9/11, the biggest terrorist incident involving aircraft by death count.

Also Indira Gandhi's assassination (In response to Operation Bluestar). If you're interested, this was probably the most prominent terrorist group linked at the time to Sikhism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babbar_Khalsa

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Indian government was involved with air India flight.

Indra Gandhi deserved to die.
Reply 35
Not surprised that muslims would attack Sikhs tbh, given the history.
Original post by IndianMuslim
Oh yeah because anyone questioning the activities of Babbar Khalsa terrorists has got to be a Hindu right?

Babbar Khalsa were freedom fighters, not terrorists.

Khalistan Liberation Force Zindabad
Also the Air India bomb was supposed to blow up with no one on it whilst at Heathrow Airport. Since it was 30-45 minutes late it blew up in the ocean near Ireland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a SIkh, most of the extremism in our religion was at its height during the 1980s. As someone has shown, it stemmed mostly from this movement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalistan_movement

Essentially, that the Sikh community should have it's own nation (Based in Punjab). So Sikhs often clashed with the Hindu led Government of India during that time. Already linked was this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182 Prior to 9/11, the biggest terrorist incident involving aircraft by death count.

Also Indira Gandhi's assassination (In response to Operation Bluestar). If you're interested, this was probably the most prominent terrorist group linked at the time to Sikhism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babbar_Khalsa

1. Not Terrorism, Revolutionary freedom fighting movement

2. Indian Government were directly involved with that tragic incident

3. Indra Gandhi was a witch. Babbar Khalsa again is not a terrorist organisation.

It was nothing to do with religion. It was the sikhs against the unjust system that does not recognise the rights of minorities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending