The Student Room Group

AQA PSYB3 Help

Couldn't help but notice there wasn't an up to date forum for help on AQA Psychology unit PSYB3 so I set this up in case anyone would like to ask questions about things they're stuck on or share study resources etc...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So rare to find someone else on spec B! Which topics do you do on PSYB3? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I am doing social development, forensics and schizophrenia and mood disorders. What about anyone else?
Reply 3
Snap! Social development is my weakest point I think, too many studies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
hi guys
im doing the same!! finally others who are doing spec B! I was wondering if anyone could either link last years papers or write the questions that came up :s-smilie: I cant find them anywhere for unit 1,2,3,4 many thanks :biggrin:
Reply 5
Hi, I've got the the 12 markers from both psyb3 & psyb4.

Approaches - option A eclectic option B choose two approaches and discuss at least one practical application of each.

Debates - Strengths and limitations of the psychology as a science debate.

Social development was psychological explanations of friendships.

Schizophrenia and mood was discuss cognitive treatments/explanations for mood disorders.

Forensics was to evaluate/outline psychodynamic and learning theory explanations of offending.

(Hope this helps!)

Can't remember what came up on unit 1 and 2 though, all I remember was cognitive coming up as a 10 marker on approaches unit 1 and me panicking as that's my least favourite 😢.
Are you sitting all 4 exams? Wishing you lots of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megang98

Approaches - option A eclectic option B choose two approaches and discuss at least one practical application of each.

Schizophrenia and mood was discuss cognitive treatments/explanations for mood disorders.

Forensics was to evaluate/outline psychodynamic and learning theory explanations of offending.

(Hope this helps!)

Can't remember what came up on unit 1 and 2 though, all I remember was cognitive coming up as a 10 marker on approaches unit 1 and me panicking as that's my least favourite 😢.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for these! This takes a lot of pressure off of my mock on monday which is for the unit 4 paper :biggrin:
Reply 7
No worries haha, I know the feeling had my mocks in March and couldn't find them anywhere. You'll do fab I'm sure, good luck! 😀 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Does anyone have a way of remembering the choice of test table for methods (PSYB4). It's the one thing on methods I just can't seem to remember !!! Please help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Does anyone have a way of remembering the choice of test table for methods (PSYB4). It's the one thing on methods I just can't seem to remember !!! Please help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah here's the one my class came up with - Counting Sheep Can Make Women Sleep Unless Really Pissed
Hahahahaha it works
Lol! Thanks will try it and let the rest of my class know! Just couldn't get my head round the table! Life saver :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any good AO2 points for composite systems, finding them the most boring (and therefore the hardest) part of unit 3..?
thank YOU!!!!!!!! life saver :P and yes unfortunately I'm sitting all 4 units however may not sit PSYB4 as I don't have enough time or brain power to memorize everything :s-smilie:

(Hope this helps!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what came up on PSYB2 2015? :s-smilie:

Also what structure are people using for the A2 essays? I cant seem to structure mine well but know the content :s-smilie:

many thanks in advance!
Good luck that's a lot of information to take in all in one go haha. What topics are you doing on unit 2? Might be able to help, I did memory, social influence and phobias and OCD! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also I think you'd be fine with PSYB4, especially if your resitting unit 1! All you will need to check over is debates, you'll pick up some easy marks there I'm sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i know :colondollar::redface: thank you!! .. For unit 2 I'm doing social influence, remembering and forgetting and autism..

ooh yes good point that, I think I'll sit it but not revise it in detail just revise a few days before and see what marks I can pick up like you've said!
THANK YOU for your help appreciate it lots! how are you structuring your A2 essays? if you dont mind helping :P good luck to you on your exams hope your revision is going ace. :biggrin:

[QUOTE="Megang98;64426815"]Good luck that's a lot of information to take in all in one go haha. What topics are you doing on unit 2? Might be able to help, I did memory, social influence and phobias and OCD! :smile:

Also I think you'd be fine with PSYB4, especially if your resitting unit 1! All you will need to check over is debates, you'll pick up some easy marks there I'm sure
Good luck that's a lot of information to take in all in one go haha. What topics are you doing on unit 2? Might be able to help, I did memory, social influence and phobias and OCD! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm trying to remember and it's completely slipped my mind and can't find anything anywhere. It'll be on the Aqa website in the next few weeks or so anyway I think it's early May that it goes on. Although I do remember it being a really nice paper, I got an A on it and considering I thought it would be my worst exam of them all it turned out okay. I think the social influence Q was a scenario one where they give you the name and I remember bringing Milgram into it - if I remember I'll let you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As for structuring I try to follow a 4-5 paragraph rule depending on what type of essay it is.

P1 - I try to gain ao1 marks whether this is outlining a study, debate, approach etc. Sometimes I try to get an alternative in for early a02.

P2 - strengths

P3 - weaknesses

P4 - try to get in practical applications where possible.

P5 - conclusion try to bring something new in. For example sometimes I add on holism or an eclectic approach, for example with schizophrenia I'll say a holistic approach is necessary to explain complexities of human behaviour opposed to reducing human behaviour to that of high dopamine levels.

Hope it helps, seems to work for me but everyone's writing style is so different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any predictions for the unit 4 and Unit 3 (social development, schizophrenia and forensic) exam? I'm really hoping for nature vs nurture in the debates section.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending