The Student Room Group

Article: Revision secrets of A* students

Where are the best students talking about how they’re preparing for exams? :beard:

Yes, the TSR Grow your Grades blogs. We’ve been glued to the updates and have picked out six key themes that just might help propel you towards those top grades. Read about them here. :king1:

Scroll to see replies

Awesome!! (Everybody should read this!)
Nice!
Reply 3
Original post by richpanda
Nice!

Thanks for supplying so many of these tips! :rofl3:
I think the best advice is not to peak too early
Original post by Fox Corner
Thanks for supplying so many of these tips! :rofl3:

no problem
I'm in it! :biggrin: :colondollar:
Actually surprisingly useful & lovely article ^_^
When you're quoted and they get your username wrong :frown:
But nice to be quoted regardless!
thank you!!
I agree with all points except for the best students take breaks part. I got A*A*A in my A2's and AA in my two AS levels and I actually didn't take any breaks while revising because if I wandered away for a 5 minutes break, it was guaranteed I wasn't coming back for hours. I sat in huge bouts (its not for everyone) like I would set myself a goal to finish revising an entire subject and would sit for hours (literally hours, I sat for 9 hours straight revising for my classical civ exam) and would not let myself go until it was done. Only exceptions being drink, food and toilet.
Not for everyone, but if you find yourself unable to return to revision quickly after a break then longer bouts may work very well for you.
Original post by NiamhM1801

Really sorry about that. We'll correct it on Monday morning. Hope you liked the article.

So much great advice in Grow your Grades.
Original post by BlackBriar
I agree with all points except for the best students take breaks part. I got A*A*A in my A2's and AA in my two AS levels and I actually didn't take any breaks while revising because if I wandered away for a 5 minutes break, it was guaranteed I wasn't coming back for hours. I sat in huge bouts (its not for everyone) like I would set myself a goal to finish revising an entire subject and would sit for hours (literally hours, I sat for 9 hours straight revising for my classical civ exam) and would not let myself go until it was done. Only exceptions being drink, food and toilet.
Not for everyone, but if you find yourself unable to return to revision quickly after a break then longer bouts may work very well for you.

That is a tough regime! But if it worked for you then it may work for others. There are no hard and fast rules.
I'm featured!! :biggrin:
Original post by The Learn Ranger
Really sorry about that. We'll correct it on Monday morning. Hope you liked the article.

So much great advice in Grow your Grades.

Haha don't worry it's not a huge deal :tongue:
And yes, great article! Some really good advice here :smile:
this was very useful thank you
Original post by NiamhM1801

Should be fixed now! :biggrin:
Original post by Fox Corner
Should be fixed now! :biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by chemistrybro
I think the best advice is not to peak too early

I don't really understand how you can peak early academically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending