The Student Room Group

Insurance Choice? Also, higher needed?

1. If I go to my insurance choice over my firm, what do I have to do in order to have the money paid to that university?

2. I have been given a maintenence loan for Uni starting September 2016 but I was wondering if I could access a bigger one? Can I and how? Would I need to reapply?

Thanks!
Hi Ivybridge

You can apply for either university and change it later if necessary.
If you have not selected the maximum level of maintenance loan, you can request this in your online account.

Thanks
Original post by ivybridge
1. If I go to my insurance choice over my firm, what do I have to do in order to have the money paid to that university?

2. I have been given a maintenence loan for Uni starting September 2016 but I was wondering if I could access a bigger one? Can I and how? Would I need to reapply?

Thanks!

For 1 - you do know that it's not possible to *choose* to go to your insurance over your firm. If you've changed your mind then you need to arrange to swap your firm and insurance over before mid July - and arranging involves contacting both universities and UCAS. If you miss the mid July cut off then it's still possible with agreement from all parties but means waiting until results week for everything to be properly sorted (so extra stressful results).

Insurance places are very rare - only around 8% of accepted students end up at their insurance choice.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
For 1 - you do know that it's not possible to *choose* to go to your insurance over your firm. If you've changed your mind then you need to arrange to swap your firm and insurance over before mid July - and arranging involves contacting both universities and UCAS. If you miss the mid July cut off then it's still possible with agreement from all parties but means waiting until results week for everything to be properly sorted (so extra stressful results).

Insurance places are very rare - only around 8% of accepted students end up at their insurance choice.

That isn't what I meant nor what I asked for an answer too. However, thank you - I guess.
Original post by ivybridge
That isn't what I meant nor what I asked for an answer too. However, thank you - I guess.

Sorry - your wording just pinged my radar and I thought it was worth checking :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Sorry - your wording just pinged my radar and I thought it was worth checking :smile:

I just meant if I end up at my Insurance because I miss the grades or whatever, how do I redirect my funds.

Thanks anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending