The Student Room Group

PGL eligibility for Diploma qualification

I would like to apply for the PGL and I was wondering whether you could help me with something which is still not clear to me.

Quoting the eligibility criteria:
"You can only get a Postgraduate Loan if you don’t already have a postgraduate Master’s qualification or a higher level qualification like a PhD."

I'm about to receive a Diploma in Electrical Engineering from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. It is a 5-year full-time course and is sometimes regarded as a Master's qualification (sufficient to pursue a PhD), although not always. Should there be a problem in meeting the eligibility criteria?

Kind Regards
Original post by naltipar
I would like to apply for the PGL and I was wondering whether you could help me with something which is still not clear to me.

"You can only get a Postgraduate Loan if you don’t already have a postgraduate Master’s qualification or a higher level qualification like a PhD."

I'm about to receive a Diploma in Electrical Engineering from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. It is a 5-year full-time course and is sometimes regarded as a Master's qualification (sufficient to pursue a PhD), although not always. Should there be a problem in meeting the eligibility criteria?

Kind Regards

A postgrad diploma is considered to be below Masters level.
Original post by naltipar

Kind Regards

Hi

We’d need a bit more information to answer this question, it will depend on the level of the qualification you already hold. If your diploma is a lower level than the postgraduate Master’s course you’ll be able to apply for a Postgraduate Loan. But, it your diploma is an equivalent or higher level then you wouldn’t be able to get a Postgraduate Loan. There’s a website that will help you work out the level of the qualification you hold and how it compares to the course you want to start– go to www.naric.org.uk for more information.
Laura

Quick Reply