The Student Room Group

Demented retard Maths teacher?

Today in Maths class, my Maths teacher: apparently he's got two grown up sons in their 20s and yet as a father, he has the mental age of 4. He scribbled all over my brand new pink casio scientific calculator screen with a whiteboard marker pen for no reason and gave an unsightly smirk. Next time he does it, how do I take evidence? Also, mu mum spent 10 quid on that pretty calculator, that c*nt owes me 10 quid.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Make a complaint. Take a photo of it as well.
Reply 2
Was he mad at you or something? Why did he do that?
I'm finding this incredibly hard to believe...
Reply 4
Couldn't you just rub it off? It's a whiteboard marker...
Original post by ShiawaseNekox3
Today in Maths class, my Maths teacher: apparently he's got two grown up sons in their 20s and yet as a father, he has the mental age of 4. He scribbled all over my brand new pink casio scientific calculator screen with a whiteboard marker pen for no reason and gave an unsightly smirk. Next time he does it, how do I take evidence? Also, mu mum spent 10 quid on that pretty calculator, that c*nt owes me 10 quid.

get your mates , i.e use witnesses as other have suggested take pics and record evidence
Reply 6
Oh no, a dry-wipe marker...
Reply 7
what a dickhead
Original post by thefatone
get your mates , i.e use witnesses as other have suggested take pics and record evidence

Thanks, my mum and dad told me the same thing as well just now :smile:
Original post by Alexion

-_-
Original post by Alexion

obviously it's too expensive xD
Original post by yoda123
what a dickhead

Absolutely agree 100% :yy:
Reply 12
What damage was actually done? Has your calculator been harmed in any way as a result? If he was doing this every day whenever you came into class, I'd be a little pissed off, but once? Let it go.

Taking photos? Lol. You could bring in a 200 page binder complete with witness statements, DNA analysis, and photos from every angle, and the end result would be the headteacher telling him not to do it in the future.

I wish I had so few problems to care about something like this.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JoeTSR
What damage was actually done? Has your calculator been harmed in any way as a result? If he was doing this every day whenever you came into class, I'd be a little pissed off, but once? Let it go.

Taking photos? Lol. You could bring in a 200 page binder complete with witness statements, DNA analysis, and photos from every angle, and the end result would be the headteacher telling him not to do it in the future.

Yes, it is a very minor issue, especially if it's a one-off. But the point is that a teacher shouldn't be behaving this way - they're paid to be responsible and to set an example, and not be childish. Even if he had motivation to do it - such as the student annoying him - it's still the wrong reaction.

If it was another student, perhaps the issue was overblown. But it's a teacher - they have a job and this one is seemingly not doing it correctly.
Reply 14
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Yes, it is a very minor issue, especially if it's a one-off. But .pthe point is that a teacher shouldn't be behaving this way - they're paid to be responsible and to set an example, and not be childish. Even if he had motivation to do it - such as the student annoying him - it's still the wrong reaction.

If it was another student, perhaps the issue was overblown. But it's a teacher - they have a job and this one is seemingly not doing it correctly.

Yeah, for sure, it was a momentary slip-up, something they thought would be funny for everyone, that the other person didn't take so well. But I think we've all done something stupid in our lives, if we weren't forgiven for those things, we wouldn't have any friends.

I had a teacher who used to climb on top of tables to demonstrate what prepositions were, and once put a student in a (clean, only containing paper) bin. Out of context, that sounds awful, but no one was hurt by it, everyone was always able to laugh, and it livened up the lessons. Overall, he was the best teacher I've ever had.

I'd much prefer a teacher who's able to have fun, maybe very occasionally accidentally edging over the line with someone who didn't appreciate it, to someone who hates their job and just reads facts out of a textbook.
Original post by JoeTSR
Yeah, for sure, it was a momentary slip-up, something they thought would be funny for everyone, that the other person didn't take so well. But I think we've all done something stupid in our lives, if we weren't forgiven for those things, we wouldn't have any friends.

I had a teacher who used to climb on top of tables to demonstrate what prepositions were, and once put a student in a (clean, only containing paper) bin. Out of context, that sounds awful, but no one was hurt by it, everyone was always able to laugh, and it livened up the lessons. Overall, he was the best teacher I've ever had.

I'd much prefer a teacher who's able to have fun, maybe very occasionally accidentally edging over the line with someone who didn't appreciate it, to someone who hates their job and just reads facts out of a textbook.

At my secondary school (which in context was total ****) he would've been sacked, that says something.
Original post by JoeTSR

I get your point, but surely there are ways for the teacher to have fun without harming someone else's property. One of my teachers is very relaxed and that's why he's great - but drawing on a calculator, and (based on the initial post) knowing that the student didn't appreciate it (though why would anyone like that?) is inappropriate. Of course teachers shouldn't be all uptight - school would be so boring - but they need to know their boundaries, and it should be clear to both the teacher and all the students that it was inappropriate.
Original post by JoeTSR

Mate, a teacher was acting this way, he should be setting an example to us students and teaching us, not scribbling on students' property. If you're not interested and 'wish you had so few problems to care about something like this' then you can clear off somewhere else. I'm looking for sensible suggestions to capture further actions like this for evidence to sack this man and cause a bad reputation for him in return. For a man in his 40s he should really grow up and raise his mental age from 5 to 40s.
Original post by Legendary Quest
I'm finding this incredibly hard to believe...

Then leave if you find it 'incredibly hard to believe'
Original post by BWV1007
Was he mad at you or something? Why did he do that?

I don't know, he just came up from behind and scribbled it all over the screen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending