The Student Room Group

No matter how much I try...

It doesn't matter how many times I sit down to study Vectors and try to learn this area of my course, I still cannot do it and I don't know why. It doesn't seem too difficult but there are too many things to learn etc. Does anyone have any tips on how to LEARN vectors? I am lost.
Thanks so much.

Studying: A2 Maths - Edexcel
more of an understanding & application than a learn-by-method
keep practising.
Reply 2
Original post by IAmConfused1
It doesn't matter how many times I sit down to study Vectors and try to learn this area of my course, I still cannot do it and I don't know why. It doesn't seem too difficult but there are too many things to learn etc. Does anyone have any tips on how to LEARN vectors? I am lost.
Thanks so much.

Studying: A2 Maths - Edexcel

You could post an example question that you struggle with (with working)? Then we can show you the best way to go about it.
Original post by notnek
You could post an example question that you struggle with (with working)? Then we can show you the best way to go about it.

I wish, I mean I literally can't do anything, I don't even know how to approach the question, would examsolutions or getting help on here be the best solution?
I wish, I mean I literally can't do anything, I don't even know how to approach the question, would examsolutions or getting help on here be the best solution?

Examsolutions got me out of a big hole with trig so yes that would not be a bad idea.
Reply 5

That would be a good idea. Watch a lot of examsolutions videos and you should get a feel for how to go about the questions. A lot of the questions have a similar structure so with practice you should have ideas about how to proceed with a question.

You could still post a question without working and we will guide you towards a solution. It can really help for you to work through a question yourself with guidance. Even if you can't start the question, that's fine.
Original post by PedanticStudent
Examsolutions got me out of a big hole with trig so yes that would not be a bad idea.

I'll try this, thanks.

Original post by notnek
That would be a good idea. Watch a lot of examsolutions videos and you should get a feel for how to go about the questions. A lot of the questions have a similar structure so with practice you should have ideas about how to proceed with a question.

You could still post a question without working and we will guide you towards a solution. It can really help for you to work through a question yourself with guidance. Even if you can't start the question, that's fine.

Thanks for your help, I'll try and learn it AGAIN (using exam solutions) tomorrow and run through some practice questions and post any problems I have here, thanks a lot for your advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest