The Student Room Group

Opinions about Communism?

Scroll to see replies

It doesn't work.
Original post by otester
It only works when you don't factor in humans, good luck avoiding that in real life implementations.

Yeah so which political system has succeded?
Original post by constantina98
Yeah so which political system has succeded?

The perfect system is one that is closest to the laws of nature, such as monarchy.
(edited 8 years ago)
If people in my A level Government& Politics ask me what political view I behold, I automatically say I'm a Marxist. Well, I'm a Marxist Feminist. In my opinion, you may argue with me:smile:, I honestly believe that Communism is a failure of Marxism. Well, Communism is an extreme version of Marxism. This ideology is where everyone is equal, no one gets discriminates, liberty roams around the political system- something I truly want. Democracy is good but I like Marxism even better- democracy has flaws as there is a gap between the poor and the rich which is clearly evident in the UK political system. But the difference between Marx and I is that I don't think religion is the 'opium of the masses'- people ruin religion to be honest.

Sorry for this long paragraph- this is what A level RS and Politics does to you :tongue:
Original post by ivybridge
It doesn't work.

But neither does capitalism. Karl Marx predicted that capitalism would lead to the end of the world as we know it and since 2008 that's been happening due to the on-going bankers recession. Now Britain is broke, the poor, jobless and disabled are having their benefits removed for the greed and mistakes of the filthy rich. Houses are unaffordable for the young. We are in danger of losing our place in the EU.
The Al Queda inspired Arab spring that has turned Libya, Syria and Tunisia in to a war ridden blood bath was caused by the rising unemployment of the 2008 bankers recession coupled with angry youths egged on by radical Islamists, complaint about poverty and unemployment over threw their leaders.

At this rate society will collapse. Marx was right, Capitalism will bring about the end of the world. ISIS who are gaining victories every day and claiming hundreds of square mikes daily were born out of the Arab Spring which itself was the result of the bankers recession.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why is Communism seen as more acceptable to support than, say, Nazism?

Nazism, or more broadly fascism, generally starts with the premise that some people are inherently superior to others. Communism at least tries to make the world a better place.
Original post by Ambitious1999
Communism among youths in Czech Republic has reduced the amount of Czechs resorting to radical Islam and becoming jihadists which has been a growing problem there along with gangsters, kidnapping, insurgency etc.

Ah, the classic, 'people should follow ideology X because it's a bulwark against worse ideology Y' implication. Well, at least you tried.
Original post by otester
The perfect system is one that is closest to the laws of nature, such as monarchy.

I have several problems with that idea. Firstly, the laws of nature just objectively, predictively describe what occurs in nature - they don't describe what should happen in human society and they aren't a valid moral compass. Secondly, the laws of nature have nothing to say about whether a monarchy is a good idea, and monarchy is a human invention that does not occur in nature.
the Arab Spring [...] was the result of the bankers recession.

I take back my previous comment. You're beyond hope.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I have several problems with that idea. Firstly, the laws of nature just objectively, predictively describe what occurs in nature - they don't describe what should happen in human society and they aren't a valid moral compass. Secondly, the laws of nature have nothing to say about whether a monarchy is a good idea, and monarchy is a human invention that does not occur in nature.

Morality is subjective.

I mean laws of nature in relation to vertical hierarchy as witnessed in nature.
I think communism is a good idea in theory but there is just no way to put it into place well everyone would just end up being equally poor.
In theory - surely the equal sharing of the world's resources is a moral ideal, and something that should be strived towards no matter the political system. But, as other people have said, in practice it just does not work - because human nature. It is wrong to equate the basic ideology of communism - i.e. equality - with how it has been exploited in the past. I think there is a lot to be said for the idea that equality of income is as important as the overall wealth of a country.
But neither does capitalism. Karl Marx predicted that capitalism would lead to the end of the world as we know it and since 2008 that's been happening due to the on-going bankers recession. Now Britain is broke, the poor, jobless and disabled are having their benefits removed for the greed and mistakes of the filthy rich. Houses are unaffordable for the young. We are in danger of losing our place in the EU.
The Al Queda inspired Arab spring that has turned Libya, Syria and Tunisia in to a war ridden blood bath was caused by the rising unemployment of the 2008 bankers recession coupled with angry youths egged on by radical Islamists, complaint about poverty and unemployment over threw their leaders.

At this rate society will collapse. Marx was right, Capitalism will bring about the end of the world. ISIS who are gaining victories every day and claiming hundreds of square mikes daily were born out of the Arab Spring which itself was the result of the bankers recession.

Well it kind of does? Lol.
Original post by ivy.98
Communism can only work if it is all around the world, the whole humanity needs to be united in order to make it work,however if the whole humanity is united - anything would work.

If the whole world was communist, then the world would look like 1984.
Original post by otester

If we were following the so-called laws of nature we'd still be living in mud huts.
It is a system in which small communities (25-100) flourish, however when applied to an entire country with economic rivals, e.g USSR, corruption seeps in and the bourgeoisie reemerge with an even greater distinction between them and the proletarians.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why is Communism seen as more acceptable to support than, say, Nazism?

Perhaps because the idea that we should all be equal is nicer than the idea that there are inferior beings that need to be gassed in a chamber?
In theory communism sounds great, but in practice it's a failed concept which simply cannot work. Share wealth among everyone and then have the government control it completely with a dictatorship - idk about you but that sounds pretty contradictory.

Communism and fascism are nearly the same thing - you'll find that the political spectrum is actually a circle.
Original post by Mr Hyde(r)
In theory communism sounds great

And in practicality as well
Original post by TearsInRain
If we were following the so-called laws of nature we'd still be living in mud huts.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending