The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How do you get so much money? I'm in negative, after studying all these years.
If you're going to buy a Ferrari to get girls might as well buy a hooker.
Original post by welcometoib
bro, you know this is a show off thread :biggrin: get whatever you want

cheers brah

Original post by hellodave5
How do you get so much money? I'm in negative, after studying all these years.

entrepreneurship, investing. I thought you'd have quite a wad considering your economics posts. What are you up to these days?
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
If you're going to buy a Ferrari to get girls might as well buy a hooker.

for sure!
You'll find, when driving a performance car, that you get most aggro on the road from people driving a car that cost £5-10k less than yours. Rule of thumb, that's scaleable according to your purchase budget.
Original post by DrSocSciences
You'll find, when driving a performance car, that you get most aggro on the road from people driving a car that cost £5-10k less than yours. Rule of thumb, that's scaleable according to your purchase budget.

it's the same for pretty much everything. Being 6ft i get the most agro from guys 5ft for no reason whatsoever.

Such is life my friend.
Original post by Bill_Gates
cheers brah

entrepreneurship, investing. I thought you'd have quite a wad considering your economics posts. What are you up to these days?

Nicely done. I was thinking about getting into investing, but unfortunately nothing to invest :P
Not sure I have made any (another Hellodave? :wink: )? Maybe I did a long time ago and have forgotten lol. I don't really have much economics knowledge.
Studying for a masters in cognitive neuro and working for minimum wage alongside as a support worker.
Have a good salary maybe one day! haha.
All ears for any tips :wink: haha
Is your "net worth" held in cash or liquid assets? After tax?
for sure!

Teach me your ways on how to get rich, how did you do it?
Nicely done. I was thinking about getting into investing, but unfortunately nothing to invest :P
Not sure I have made any (another Hellodave? :wink: )? Maybe I did a long time ago and have forgotten lol. I don't really have much economics knowledge.
Studying for a masters in cognitive neuro and working for minimum wage alongside as a support worker.
Have a good salary maybe one day! haha.
All ears for any tips :wink: haha

best of luck mate :tongue:
Original post by jneill
Is your "net worth" held in cash or liquid assets? After tax?

a selection of investments including those. Yes it's after tax.
be an entrepreneur, work for yourself is my first tip.
be an entrepreneur, work for yourself is my first tip.

Don't you need business idea for that? Even if I did have any it's not like I come from a rich family who can toss me a couple of million to get started.
best of luck mate :tongue:

Cheers.
Come up with an idea.
Hows about you give me £1000 and, later on after I go and come back again, I give you £10,000? :wink:
(I kid mods, I kid)
it don't matter i started with like £90. That was my "net worth" back then. Have to start small, grow slow, think big.
Cheers.
Come up with an idea.
Hows about you give me £1000 and, later on after I go and come back again, I give you £10,000? :wink:
(I kid mods, I kid)

hopefully with a new username too? :tongue:
it don't matter i started with like £90. That was my "net worth" back then. Have to start small, grow slow, think big.

Do you have a degree?
What is your line of business?
yep, msc too.
Business interests: online, property etc
(edited 7 years ago)
a selection of investments including those. Yes it's after tax.

If you have to sell investments then that may be a bad idea (opportunity cost of money). Also, unless the investment are in an ISA you may have tax to pay when you sell.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
If you have to sell investments then that's may be a bad idea (opportunity cost of money). Also, unless the investment are in an ISA you may have tax to pay when you sell.

i won't need to sell, it's readily available.