The Student Room Group

Demented retard Maths teacher?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Vikingninja
At my secondary school (which in context was total ****) he would've been sacked, that says something.

:biggrin: There was definitely a lot of heavy toeing the line for him, it's a risky line to walk, but he was universally loved, there'd have been uproar if he was sacked.

It's a shame, if we could separate the humourless people from those able to have a laugh, we could have some amazing teachers, while those who want the boring ones can listen to them drone on the whole time.
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I get your point, but surely there are ways for the teacher to have fun without harming someone else's property. One of my teachers is very relaxed and that's why he's great - but drawing on a calculator, and (based on the initial post) knowing that the student didn't appreciate it (though why would anyone like that?) is inappropriate. Of course teachers shouldn't be all uptight - school would be so boring - but they need to know their boundaries, and it should be clear to both the teacher and all the students that it was inappropriate.

It was overstepping the line, and probably a poor choice of physical humour. But unless there's a pattern of that, I don't think that's something to make a fuss over. I don't think he necessarily knew she'd dislike it so much (I wouldn't especially like it, but it wouldn't get more than an "oh, you").

Poor attempt at humour? Yes. Deliberate attempt to bully a student? Probably not.
Original post by ShiawaseNekox3
Mate, a teacher was acting this way, he should be setting an example to us students and teaching us, not scribbling on students' property. If you're not interested and 'wish you had so few problems to care about something like this' then you can clear off somewhere else. I'm looking for sensible suggestions to capture further actions like this for evidence to sack this man and cause a bad reputation for him in return. For a man in his 40s he should really grow up and raise his mental age from 5 to 40s.

I think you just want people to agree with you, rather than sensible suggestions. Further evidence? Sack him? Harm his reputation? As I've already stated, you could have all the evidence in the world, and the most that'll happen is him being told not to do it to you again. Raise it if you want, but really, they'll believe you, this isn't the kind of thing that needs a lot of evidence.

Want him sacked? Sleep with him. Because that's the only way you'll turn something so petty into a fireable offence.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I think you just want people to agree with you, rather than sensible suggestions. Further evidence? Sack him? Harm his reputation? As I've already stated, you could have all the evidence in the world, and the most that'll happen is him being told not to do it to you again. Raise it if you want, but really, they'll believe you, this isn't the kind of thing that needs a lot of evidence.

Want him sacked? Sleep with him. Because that's the only way you'll turn something so petty into a fireable offence.

Um, no actually, FYI he has absolutely no right to physically ruin my property and no, I didn't like that action very much. And the my dad is in the Army and is a quite high and respectable rank, has he gotten teachers from my old school into LOADS of sh*t? Yes. Can he do this again? Yes he can. You can't tell me what to do, since when did you decide to do this? Dude, you can't stop me and nah, I'm not sleeping with him, thank you very much. He's a married man with 2 grown up sons. Your B.S. isn't going to change my mind. :biggrin:
Try nail varnish remover
Hmm, something isn't adding up....
Original post by ProbablyJade
Try nail varnish remover

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want my calculator to smell of it nor do \i want it destroyed (the screen)
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want my calculator to smell of it nor do \i want it destroyed (the screen)

Ah true, sorry didn't think about that
Reply 26
Try nail varnish remover

There's nothing to remove, it was a drywipe marker.

Um, no actually, FYI he has absolutely no right to physically ruin my property and no, I didn't like that action very much. And the my dad is in the Army and is a quite high and respectable rank, has he gotten teachers from my old school into LOADS of sh*t? Yes. Can he do this again? Yes he can. You can't tell me what to do, since when did you decide to do this? Dude, you can't stop me and nah, I'm not sleeping with him, thank you very much. He's a married man with 2 grown up sons. Your B.S. isn't going to change my mind. :biggrin:

Nice anonymous fail :wink:

I'm sure a drywipe marker absolutely destroyed it, it must be totally unusable.

Well done on the "my dad can beat up your dad" approach. They'll get their own back when it comes to writing UCAS references :smile:

I'm not sure where I've told you what to do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JoeTSR
There's nothing to remove, it was a drywipe marker.

Nice anonymous fail :wink:

I'm sure a drywipe marker absolutely destroyed it, it must be totally unusable.

Well done on the "my dad can beat up your dad" approach. They'll get their own back when it comes to writing UCAS references :smile:

I'm not sure where I've told you what to do.

Haha, ikr... I meant to do that on purpose, so not really a fail exactly lol and thanks. :smile:
Ah true, sorry didn't think about that

It's okay, you were just saying
If hes damaged it make a complaint. Even if he hasnt damaged it complain abioyt the fact you didnt appreciate what he did.
Reply 30
Today in Maths class, my Maths teacher: apparently he's got two grown up sons in their 20s and yet as a father, he has the mental age of 4. He scribbled all over my brand new pink casio scientific calculator screen with a whiteboard marker pen for no reason and gave an unsightly smirk. Next time he does it, how do I take evidence? Also, mu mum spent 10 quid on that pretty calculator, that c*nt owes me 10 quid.

But he has a degree and teaching qualifications, what do you have you little brat?
Original post by Tom78
But he has a degree and teaching qualifications, what do you have you little brat?

A mother and an elder brother with doctorates and diplomas from Cambridge University :smile:
Today in Maths class, my Maths teacher: apparently he's got two grown up sons in their 20s and yet as a father, he has the mental age of 4. He scribbled all over my brand new pink casio scientific calculator screen with a whiteboard marker pen for no reason and gave an unsightly smirk. Next time he does it, how do I take evidence? Also, mu mum spent 10 quid on that pretty calculator, that c*nt owes me 10 quid.

Send help pleaseeeeeeeee :rofl:
Reply 33
A mother and an elder brother with doctorates and diplomas from Cambridge University :smile:

They have those things. you have like swimming badges, be nice to him man.
Reply 34
Original post by Tom78

:rofl: PRSOM
Original post by Tom78

Hahaha, 'swimming badges' really? You shouldn't talk about yourself like that ya know XD
Original post by JoeTSR
:rofl: PRSOM

Haha, lol :rofl:
Reply 37
Mate, a teacher was acting this way, he should be setting an example to us students and teaching us, not scribbling on students' property. If you're not interested and 'wish you had so few problems to care about something like this' then you can clear off somewhere else. I'm looking for sensible suggestions to capture further actions like this for evidence to sack this man and cause a bad reputation for him in return. For a man in his 40s he should really grow up and raise his mental age from 5 to 40s.

You have some issues... Its just a prank bro
Original post by Aizenosa
You have some issues... Its just a prank bro

And bro, that prank wasn't funny. Since who gave him the permission to scribble on my property? Anyway, the man lost his job and did gain a bad reputaion for stupid behaviour on Friday. So this discussion is closed
Reply 39
Why are you so insistent on trying to pretend there's someone agreeing with you by using anon? You've already outed yourself.

What most likely happened: OP told her dad, her dad didn't care. She told TSR, TSR didn't care. She kept whining at her dad about it, eventually he gave in to shut her up and mentioned it to the school (who also didn't particularly care), the teacher got a slap on the wrist.

Quick Reply

Latest