The Student Room Group

My friend told me to kill myself over banter?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I do recognise they are different. However, what I don't expect from somebody is making something out as clearly a joke and then being told to kill myself over that. I have made it clear to him on numerous occasions I am joking and he continues to be a nob end about it. Nobody else does this, he just feels he is entitled to act like that honestly.

Then just stay away from him and save yourself the bother.
It amazes me how thin skinned some people are.

My group of friends crack jokes about shagging each other's mum and nobody gets offended.
Original post by 999tigger
Then just stay away from him and save yourself the bother.

Well, as much as he annoys me, he needs to learn that he will not make friends at uni by being a crybully, and all other friends do protect him from real life. He is still my friend too.
Original post by JamesN88
It amazes me how thin skinned some people are.

My group of friends crack jokes about shagging each other's mum and nobody gets offended.

The guy in question cracks constant jokes about shagging one of our friend's nan. He knows her address and birthday too.
Well, as much as he annoys me, he needs to learn that he will not make friends at uni by being a crybully, and all other friends do protect him from real life. He is still my friend too.

Cant he learn by himself? You seem to want to teach him a lesson, which is rather presumtuous. You seem to want validation more than advice.
Cant he learn by himself? You seem to want to teach him a lesson, which is rather presumtuous. You seem to want validation more than advice.

I don't want the guy to be lonely, as I said, he seems to be suicidal and self harming at some points.
The guy in question cracks constant jokes about shagging one of our friend's nan. He knows her address and birthday too.

Then it sounds like he can give it out but not take it.

Next time you see him ask him if he had roast beef for dinner.:biggrin:

No seriously if he's suicidal he should get help from someone who's trained to deal with it.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't want the guy to be lonely, as I said, he seems to be suicidal and self harming at some points.

Then maybe take to a teacher or get one of the friend who does speak to him,to put his parents on notice. You seem unwilling to make allowances, you wont wlak away, so you are just going to have to deal with him with the expected results.
Then maybe take to a teacher or get one of the friend who does speak to him,to put his parents on notice. You seem unwilling to make allowances, you wont wlak away, so you are just going to have to deal with him with the expected results.

I think I may actually, he acts in a really weird way a lot of the time.
Exactly what I think, he once got on my nerves quite badly once, so I called him a snivelling mangina, and he started crying. We are 18 and guys, I most of us would have laughed something like that off.

At the same time, he tells people to kill themselves and they are worthless.

Yes, you're right. What I suppose I don't really get is why they think It is ok to tell me to kill myself and be pieces of **** to me when I say something slightly insulting to him and then they pounce on me. They have been bastards the whole week, and this just highlights their hypocracy to me. Why exactly should I apologize to him, I have apologized to him over things like this before and he continues to be a massive ****

:toofunny:

How bizarre. :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 30
I have no alternative, though. Trust me, If I had the option to I would have dropped a lot of them a while ago.

the option you have is to drop them. You have your whole life to make friends. These lot sound like they aint worth your time. By the time you turn into a young adult, theres no such thing as squad just couple bros you count on one hand. I dont know what year your in but if I was in your position, my motif would to just go to school, learn, get my qualifications and go. Also, if anyone wants to get out of line, chat **** get banged.
Original post by GiyasU
the option you have is to drop them. You have your whole life to make friends. These lot sound like they aint worth your time. By the time you turn into a young adult, theres no such thing as squad just couple bros you count on one hand. I dont know what year your in but if I was in your position, my motif would to just go to school, learn, get my qualifications and go. Also, if anyone wants to get out of line, chat **** get banged.

Year 13. The issue is that I can't really go out all that much due to having to take care of family.

I really want to though.
kids these days..
Reply 33
Year 13. The issue is that I can't really go out all that much due to having to take care of family.

I really want to though.

Same year as me then. Still try make friends at uni. tbh if i were you id go to school tommorw and straight up say "look I can see you are quite "unstable" so as your mate I am telling you to go see someone for help. If he responds violently then say "Ok, if you want to get leary, then lets go outside and deal with it like men. not just sitting here and crying like a lil bitch boy". If he still acts like a bitch I suggest instead of calling him by his name just call him Le *** Boi. If his parents and **** gets involved just tell em str8 up "It aint my fault you raised a pussy"

Btw. saying the above may get you in serious trouble, so I am not liable for anything you do.
Alright I understand that, but does that make it ok for them to be horrible to me like that? I mean they will often ignore me for no reason and take the piss with no pretext or anything.

If they always treat you this way you need to find new actual friends? It's fine them saying you can take it, yet you say something and they side with the retard.

**** 'em off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GiyasU
Same year as me then. Still try make friends at uni. tbh if i were you id go to school tommorw and straight up say "look I can see you are quite "unstable" so as your mate I am telling you to go see someone for help. If he responds violently then say "Ok, if you want to get leary, then lets go outside and deal with it like men. not just sitting here and crying like a lil bitch boy". If he still acts like a bitch I suggest instead of calling him by his name just call him Le *** Boi. If his parents and **** gets involved just tell em str8 up "It aint my fault you raised a pussy"

Btw. saying the above may get you in serious trouble, so I am not liable for anything you do.

I am holding out for uni at this point. I think it needs to be mentioned to him too, although I think there are better, more clandestine ways of dealing with it than going straight for it.
I have no alternative, though. Trust me, If I had the option to I would have dropped a lot of them a while ago.

Perhaps you've accidentally made this a bit clearer than you think to your group and that's why they think it's ok to be straight up rude to you..?

I'd be careful with guys like him though, instability isn't something you want to be winding up really. I'd speak to him one on one and maybe speak to a teacher..
Reply 37
I am holding out for uni at this point. I think it needs to be mentioned to him too, although I think there are better, more clandestine ways of dealing with it than going straight for it.

loool drop them lol, you got 2 months left of school forget these people. In 10 years time, do you think they'll be there to hold your hand.
Original post by GiyasU
loool drop them lol, you got 2 months left of school forget these people. In 10 years time, do you think they'll be there to hold your hand.

I don't want to be lonely over the summer.
Reply 39
Dont know about you my g but summer is stacking season. maybe the odd day off there but thats it. Work hard now play later. Fake friends are just setbacks

Quick Reply

Latest