The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

10/1 - Lies
1/2 - Truth
Evens - Money from rich parents providing a safety nets.

Place your bets and whilst you're doing so, Bill_Gates can we have a meeting to discuss a very good opportunity on the online gambling racket?

Telling the truth or not (I believe you are), I think it is unfortunate you've used the student rooms as a platform to fulfil some self-esteem needs; because if anything, it shows the limits you have to even boast yourself too. It also isn't that clear you're just interested about a car, you don't really need to state your personal affairs or net worth. Ultimately I would guess that despite your successes, you're less successful that those around you and that makes you feel inferior (or perhaps they make you feel as such) and you've compensated or coped by finding a means to reverse that?

There are much better ways to achieve self-esteem, your chartable work and corporate responsibility is one and I commend you for that. But sharing with your experiences with modesty and even extending to teaching and offering advice would best serve yourself. I for one, would love to hear about your success journey and your motivations.
Original post by FailedTeacher
10/1 - Lies
1/2 - Truth

Place your bets and whilst you're doing so, Bill_Gates can we have a meeting to discuss a very good opportunity on the online gambling racket?

Telling the truth or not (I believe you are), I think it is unfortunate you've used the student rooms as a platform to fulfil some self-esteem needs; because if anything, it shows the limits you have to even boast yourself too. It also isn't that clear you're just interested about a car, you don't really need to state your personal affairs or net worth. Ultimately I would guess that despite your successes, you're less successful that those around you and that makes you feel inferior (or perhaps they make you feel as such) and you've compensated or coped by finding a means to reverse that?

There are much better ways to achieve self-esteem, your chartable work and corporate responsibility is one and I commend you for that. But sharing with your experiences with modesty and even extending to teaching and offering advice would best serve yourself. I for one, would love to hear about your success journey and your motivations.

lol right. I just gave my net worth since it's a popular figure used in various books when deciding how much to spend on a car. With a username like "failed teacher" i can hardly take you seriously. Majority of teachers only go into teaching since it's their only hope and yet you failed at it. Says more about you than me.

Nice try, trying to figure me out btw.
10/1 - Lies
1/2 - Truth

and omg you read psychology too LOL. Sorry to hear about your unemployment.

I have people attack me all the time usually because one of the following
1. jealous
2. want to know what i'm doing so they can do it too

i think you're in camp 1 and 2.

Well done. Best of luck with the job search.
Original post by Bill_Gates

1. jealous

I apologise, I've clearly touched a nerve.

You're right, many teachers are unfortunately choosing teachers for the easy route. But I got involved to help make a difference, but the bureaucracy got too much in the way.

Doubt you're sincere but I'll pretend you are; Thank you for your concern towards my unemployment. Hoping to fulfil my time helping refugee children.

We're all psychologists for we all take interest in human behaviour. But I don't believe one needs to have studied much to see through a compensating arrogance I'm afraid.

Again, I'm sorry for upsetting you. But just remember, other people don't define you. Only you define you and if you think you're successful, you don't need to win the approval of anyone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Two things to consider:

1. Is the 200K the result of ongoing (and dependable) earnings, or was it a one-time event
2. What other vices do you have-- or would like to have?

Given my own spending habits, I have deliberately passed up opportunities to learn a standard shift. If I could do that, I'd have every reason to want to collect old Bentleys, or whatever. Because I don't go wild on cars, I can wear suits that fit and have a wine cellar that is too large.

Another little factoid-- when one of the lotteries recently passed not just a life-improving or even life-changing level, and moved onto the hundreds of millions, I briefly fantasized about what I would do with the prize. One of the first things that popped up, unedited, was a nice, trouble-free, but ordinary new car-- like an Accord or a Jetta.
A lot of high-end shopping is made to address social anxieties that really secure people don't have to worry about.
(edited 7 years ago)
I apologise, I've clearly touched a nerve.

You're right, many teachers are unfortunately choosing teachers for the easy route. But I got involved to help make a difference, but the bureaucracy got too much in the way.

Doubt you're sincere but I'll pretend you are; Thank you for your concern towards my unemployment. Hoping to fulfil my time helping refugee children.

We're all psychologists for we all take interest in human behaviour. But I don't believe one needs to have studied much to see through a compensating arrogance I'm afraid.

Again, I'm sorry for upsetting you. But just remember, other people don't define you. Only you define you and if you think you're successful, you don't need to win the approval of anyone.

That psychology degree is coming in use i see haha.
Reply 126

I'm sure asserting your morals to someone trolling you is really going to work. I can just imagine him writing this down and giving it deep thought and self reflection. :tongue:
lol right. I just gave my net worth since it's a popular figure used in various books when deciding how much to spend on a car.

So is income, but you've been remarkably cagey about that figure...

1. jealous

3. Because you seek them out by starting a new thread boasting about something every week.

You're in online marketing for businesses, there's the answer to #2 to get rid of half of your 'haters'.
you could prob get a executive saloon on hire purchase

Invest the other 100K in a biz of some sort
That psychology degree is coming in use i see haha.

It was minor Psychology and related to it's application in the classroom, it has been very useful and continues to do so.
Original post by NX172
I'm sure asserting your morals to someone trolling you is really going to work. I can just imagine him writing this down and giving it deep thought and self reflection. :tongue:

Thank you for your interest in me, but I can't see it happening although it would be flattering if it did happen.

Loving your success, very inspiring!
OP, get leg lengthening surgery to end your obsession with height once and for all.
Original post by dairychocolate
OP, get leg lengthening surgery to end your obsession with height once and for all.

The OP has an issue with height? That is interesting.
Original post by dairychocolate

i'm 6ft!

i can see psychology has been very useful LOL.
i'm 6ft!

i can see psychology has been very useful LOL.

Thank you for letting me know.

I think you have already said that? I'm a little lost.

Two psychiatrists pass each other in a corridor.

"Hello!" one says.

The other thinks to himself, "I wonder what he meant by that?"
Original post by JoeTSR
Two psychiatrists pass each other in a corridor.

"Hello!" one says.

The other thinks to himself, "I wonder what he meant by that?"

I wonder what the other thinks for what I'm assuming was not a return greeting?

I also wonder what your real thoughts are for posting such a joke?!

I'm now wondering why I'm wondering ..
Thank you for letting me know.

I think you have already said that? I'm a little lost.

Yes applying for such a course and then wondering why you are unemployed does tend to imply being lost somewhat.

But thanks for keeping my thread alive, great for my ego. Social acceptance and what not.

Although i'm just wasting my own time amusing some jealous chap on the internet, when i could be doing something more productive.

Thanks for the laughs, honestly best of luck with life. You need to be more creative.
£250k on a lambo...
Original post by ikhan94
£250k on a lambo...

that is the Dubai way!

Latest

Trending

Trending