The Student Room Group

My friend told me to kill myself over banter?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
a

Your friend?

Note to self; once I get a friend, I should tell him/her to kill himself/herself over banter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I should just give him license to be a crybully because he has different sensitivity to me?

...But you're crying on here because he hold you to go kill yourself?
How is that even insulting? Just like ya'know....don't?

And I don't get the whole Cow Balls thing, is that supposed to be a joke or something?
Original post by Gjaykay
...But you're crying on here because he hold you to go kill yourself?
How is that even insulting? Just like ya'know....don't?

And I don't get the whole Cow Balls thing, is that supposed to be a joke or something?

No, I am not complaining about that, I am here complaining that my friends backed something like that and in saying I have no friends, which he clearly meant seriously. The cow balls thing was a blatant joke.
maybe he is gay and actually likes balls but hasn't come out....
maybe he is gay and actually likes balls but hasn't come out....

I jokingly accused him of being gay once and he went nuts, he told me he thought it was morally wrong and unnatural.
No, I am not complaining about that, I am here complaining that my friends backed something like that and in saying I have no friends, which he clearly meant seriously. The cow balls thing was a blatant joke.

I meant like did you go "hur hur hur u totes lik cow balls", expecting everyone to laugh, no one did, he then told you to go kill yourself, you got pissy and couldn't take it that he told you to kill yourself (which is apparently a super big insult?) and moaned to your friends, who sided with him and then came crying on here so we'd all side with you instead.

Reading some of your posts here, maybe the guy is sick your "bants", realises he only has 2 months left with you and accidentally let it slip that none of your "friends" actually like you and are just putting up with you.
Reply 46
How can you not see how hypocritical you are? On here trying to make this guy look small and boost your ego because he was offended by your "banter".. You're allowed to be offended but he isn't?? Arrogant much.

Banter, despite what you might think isn't an excuse to just say whatever the hell you want regardless of people's feelings. If a friend says they aren't comfortable with what you're saying it's not banter of you carry on, it's bullying and that makes you the ass not him.

Its really narcissistic to upset someone and expect they should apologise to you for being upset! Given that none of your friends actually thought your "banter" was acceptable you should be asking yourself if it was. Not on here trying to make yourself look good to soothe your ego.
Lol it's banter but the guy is kinda weak if he can't take his own bant when it flies back at him.
maybe he got nervous about his cow fetish so he stormed off?
Reply 49
He's already suggested that his friend has mental health issues. Rather than be supportive towards his friend, he thinks it's okay to mock him on here for the sake of creating sympathy. who needs enemies with friends like this?
Reply 50
ur friend posts frozen hentai

why is he ur fkn friend
Original post by Gjaykay
I meant like did you go "hur hur hur u totes lik cow balls", expecting everyone to laugh, no one did, he then told you to go kill yourself, you got pissy and couldn't take it that he told you to kill yourself (which is apparently a super big insult?) and moaned to your friends, who sided with him and then came crying on here so we'd all side with you instead.

Reading some of your posts here, maybe the guy is sick your "bants", realises he only has 2 months left with you and accidentally let it slip that none of your "friends" actually like you and are just putting up with you.

No, what I did was keep going because he had pissed me off, I never whined. I never whine about anything off the goddamn internet. What I am pointing to is the obvious disparity in the response and the fact he was backed. Sure, it may have been an unfunny joke, but the response had no justification.

Original post by ~Tara~
How can you not see how hypocritical you are? On here trying to make this guy look small and boost your ego because he was offended by your "banter".. You're allowed to be offended but he isn't?? Arrogant much.

Banter, despite what you might think isn't an excuse to just say whatever the hell you want regardless of people's feelings. If a friend says they aren't comfortable with what you're saying it's not banter of you carry on, it's bullying and that makes you the ass not him.

Its really narcissistic to upset someone and expect they should apologise to you for being upset! Given that none of your friends actually thought your "banter" was acceptable you should be asking yourself if it was. Not on here trying to make yourself look good to soothe your ego.

Excuse me? I am not trying to make him feel small, I am taking the piss. You obviously aren't reading the posts, I am not offended by the statement itself, I am irritated that people would agree I should kill myself. So one occassion of casual pisstaking makes it bullying? It was a pisstake.

It honestly seems as if we are reading different posts. You are aware there is a slight difference between joking about cow balls and being told to kill yourself? I couldn't give less of a ****, he could tell my whole family to die in a fire, that is not what is bothering me. What I am irritated by is that people continue to condone his massive and serious overreactions. He should apologize for overreacting to something that was obviously a bad joke.
Original post by ~Tara~
He's already suggested that his friend has mental health issues. Rather than be supportive towards his friend, he thinks it's okay to mock him on here for the sake of creating sympathy. who needs enemies with friends like this?

I have been, I talked the man out of cutting himself at a party. I said to the group we should look after him. However, one part of life he needs to recognise is there are people who don't give a ****. If he tells the wrong person to kill themselves and they have no friends he will end up with missing teeth. It is better that he learns how to take banter off somebody who won't snap him in two than him getting his **** absolutely kicked in. He has gone around calling black people a certain name, he has been rude to his friends just as much as me, and so far everybody has taken it and fallen to defend him. He will not get that forever,

Original post by zanner
ur friend posts frozen hentai

why is he ur fkn friend

He is funny sometimes, and he has a soft side that I can sense but he won't let out.
No, what I did was keep going because he had pissed me off, I never whined. I never whine about anything off the goddamn internet. What I am pointing to is the obvious disparity in the response and the fact he was backed. Sure, it may have been an unfunny joke, but the response had no justification.

You're acting like he he told you he killed your family and fed them to you as chilli.
He told you to kill yourself after you made a "funny joke" and then kept going and going.
Face it, you bitched out. You tried to make fun of him, he said one line to you and you lost your **** and now you're crying to us.
:hugs: shhh shhh it's okay, TSR has got you.

I still don't get it. Neither of you were funny or insulting. Why are you so upset? Your friends backed him because you were being annoying. Christ it's not hard to work out. When someone tells you to kill yourself and your friends defend said person, maybe you're a tad more annoying than you'd like to think?
Original post by Gjaykay
You're acting like he he told you he killed your family and fed them to you as chilli.
He told you to kill yourself after you made a "funny joke" and then kept going and going.
Face it, you bitched out. You tried to make fun of him, he said one line to you and you lost your **** and now you're crying to us.
:hugs: shhh shhh it's okay, TSR has got you.

I still don't get it. Neither of you were funny or insulting. Why are you so upset? Your friends backed him because you were being annoying. Christ it's not hard to work out. When someone tells you to kill yourself and your friends defend said person, maybe you're a tad more annoying than you'd like to think?

Are you not reading what I am writing? What I am saying is I don't care, it is the support he gets for this that troubles me, even when It is blantant he means it. Sure, I kept going because he told me that, because he needs to recognise that is wrong as well as it irritating me.

You don't need to be condescending to make your point either, I understand you without you acting like that. Its one thing to just tell somebody to kill themselves as an off hand comment, I get it all the time and laugh like any other person on earth save him. The issue is that he blatantly meant it, like 100% serious, he has described how I should do it in the past. My friends condone this behaviour.

Last time he did this kind of **** one of my friends starved himself for a week. What don't you understand? I think you are unaware of how serious he actually was.
Are you not reading what I am writing? What I am saying is I don't care, it is the support he gets for this that troubles me, even when It is blantant he means it. Sure, I kept going because he told me that, because he needs to recognise that is wrong as well as it irritating me.

You don't need to be condescending to make your point either, I understand you without you acting like that. Its one thing to just tell somebody to kill themselves as an off hand comment, I get it all the time and laugh like any other person on earth save him. The issue is that he blatantly meant it, like 100% serious, he has described how I should do it in the past. My friends condone this behaviour.

Last time he did this kind of **** one of my friends starved himself for a week. What don't you understand? I think you are unaware of how serious he actually was.

But he told you that because what you said was irritating to him.

Like I said, maybe he does mean it. He might actually want you too, and accidentally let slip that you have no friends.
Makes sense on why they're siding with him.
He's said it to you before, in detail, and your friends condone it all.
...maybe we should stop referring to these people as your "friends" and start accepting some truths here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gjaykay
But he told you that because what you said was irritating to him.

Like I said, maybe he does mean it. He might actually want you too, and accidentally let slip that you have no friends.
Makes sense on why they're siding with him.
He's said it to you before, in detail, and your friends condone it all.
...maybe we should stop referring to these people as your "friends" and start accepting some truths here.

Yes, but he needs to learn to tolerate it, I care that he doesn't get the **** beaten out of him by somebody, because the level of the things he is saying to people are enough to get him beaten up and I am not sure he is aware of that.

I said one of the friends condoned it didn't I? not the other one? If they weren't my friends why would they invite me out? They have no mandate to.
Yes, but he needs to learn to tolerate it, I care that he doesn't get the **** beaten out of him by somebody, because the level of the things he is saying to people are enough to get him beaten up and I am not sure he is aware of that.

I said one of the friends condoned it didn't I? not the other one? If they weren't my friends why would they invite me out? They have no mandate to.

You just couldn't take it. You tried to wind him up, and he got to you with one sentence.
Some people just retaliate with things like that. To me, "go kill yourself" or "slit your throat" or whatever it is is no different than say "go **** yourself". Just generic insult #75. Everyone is different and says different insults, they shouldn't have to change because of you or someone else.
Some people - like yourself - may get a little uppity and 'offended' because they're too sensitive.
Don't "bants" then if you can't take it.
He wont get beat up because people who aren't 18 aren't so sensitive. Seriously, I know you think I'm being a dick right now, but at Uni no one'll care about what **** he says, they just wont speak to him.
Original post by Gjaykay
You just couldn't take it. You tried to wind him up, and he got to you with one sentence.
Some people just retaliate with things like that. To me, "go kill yourself" or "slit your throat" or whatever it is is no different than say "go **** yourself". Just generic insult #75. Everyone is different and says different insults, they shouldn't have to change because of you or someone else.
Some people - like yourself - may get a little uppity and 'offended' because they're too sensitive.
Don't "bants" then if you can't take it.
He wont get beat up because people who aren't 18 aren't so sensitive. Seriously, I know you think I'm being a dick right now, but at Uni no one'll care about what **** he says, they just wont speak to him.

You continue to ignore the point, I GET IT IS A GENERIC INSULT. My issue is it was the most sincere thing I have ever heard. Uppity and sensitive? You are unaware how wrong you actually are. I can throw it out and take it, the issue I have is how sincere it was, there is a difference in intonation.

I do understand the point you are getting at, and you are right, I told a bad joke and kept going and that was wrong of me, sure. That's not the issue at hand. I am concerned about the sincerity and the support he is getting.

Look, people will care. Most will ignore, but some will not, some are like him and will overreact, that is what I am concerned about.
You triggered him, he is probably depressed and unhappy in his life which is why he lashed out and said you have no friends and to kill yourself, he was projecting what he feels in himself.

Really I would just laugh at him, when you upset someone like that you've won, you've got to them.

Quick Reply