The Student Room Group

When's the best time to look for a studio for next year?

Thread Closed
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi,
I'm actually looking into finding myself a studio as well, so I know how feel.
I don't know if landlord/agencies will give you a contract for only until May. Usually it's end of June. I think it's best to go to a (good) letting agency and simple ask them. There's no standard answer to that question.

I'm also not sure when the best time is to get a cheap flat, but one thing I know is that you're in a better position now than you were in January and February when students are desperately looking for a house and maybe rush into signing something. I say, now that the big rush is over, you should be able to find something reasonably cheap, depending on where you live/where you university is. I wouldn't leave it too late though. June the latest I'd say. In Leeds for instance, there's usually a surplus of accommodation so there's lots of places that are available even in June.

Hope this helps a little bit. Sorry I couldn't give you much advice though.
Reply 2
Original post by Miss_mischy
Hi,
I'm actually looking into finding myself a studio as well, so I know how feel.
I don't know if landlord/agencies will give you a contract for only until May. Usually it's end of June. I think it's best to go to a (good) letting agency and simple ask them. There's no standard answer to that question.

I'm also not sure when the best time is to get a cheap flat, but one thing I know is that you're in a better position now than you were in January and February when students are desperately looking for a house and maybe rush into signing something. I say, now that the big rush is over, you should be able to find something reasonably cheap, depending on where you live/where you university is. I wouldn't leave it too late though. June the latest I'd say. In Leeds for instance, there's usually a surplus of accommodation so there's lots of places that are available even in June.

Hope this helps a little bit. Sorry I couldn't give you much advice though.

Thank you for you reply! Yeah I'm in Bristol and rent is pretty expensive here. I'm from Swansea so its only 2 hours on a coach which costs a fiver so going home in the summer is something i could do to save money- that way I could afford a more expensive rent!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending