The Student Room Group

The benefits of celibacy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherlockfan
I care about enlightening people to stop this ridiculous pressure on people to have sex who might not want to. To call celibate people 'extreme' is like an insult tbh. We are still people just like you.

You're not like me.

By the way, you take extreme as an insult of your own choosing. It is what it is. I'm sorry you take life so seriously.
Original post by VeniViciVidi
You're not like me.

By the way, you take extreme as an insult of your own choosing. It is what it is. I'm sorry you take life so seriously.

What's that supposed to mean?

I'm like everyone else. Human. Would you say 'youre not like me' to a gay person?
what are you trying to say with that? it doesnt answer anything.

You are looking at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Note, breathing, food and water are on par as physiological needs. A denial of a core physiological need is extreme. It is like not shitting.
You are looking at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Note, breathing, food and water are on par as physiological needs. A denial of a core physiological need is extreme. It is like not shitting.

If you dont eat or drink or breathe you die. there are no proven negative effects of not having an active sex life.
Reply 24
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/60/Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg/2000px-Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg.png

Maslow <3
What's that supposed to mean?

I'm like everyone else. Would you say 'youre not like me' to a gay person?

Wait, are people not allowed to be equal in difference?
Wait, are people not allowed to be equal in difference?

stop trying to justify your prejudice.

perhaps the two people who repped me can join in the conversation, just to balance things out.
If you dont eat or drink or breathe you die. there are no proven negative effects of not having an active sex life.

And if history took the course of celibacy, we'd cease to exist as a species.
stop trying to justify your prejudice.

Answer the question, lad.
And if history took the course of celibacy, we'd cease to exist as a species.

and where did I say that everybody had to be celibate? :rolleyes:

tbh maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. we are a virus on the planet after all.
Answer the question, lad.

it's not a question, I don't think it's even a proper sentence. come back to me in the morning when you can make sense.
and where did I say that everybody had to be celibate? :rolleyes:

tbh maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. we are a virus on the planet after all.

Very cool and edgy. Fancy a drink?
Very cool and edgy. Fancy a drink?

that's low. too low for me to respond to.

it's past your bedtime, kid.
Why do you care so much?

Extremist preaching about something they don't know, as per usual.
it's not a question, I don't think it's even a proper sentence. come back to me in the morning when you can make sense.

You're so angry, what made you this way? I don't blame you for what you are saying and how you are saying it but it must have been pretty rough to be like this.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Extremist preaching about something they don't know, as per usual.

I probably know a lot more about it than you do.
I find it hard to believe that someone who is celibate would say something as ignorant as 'celibacy is not the answer, education is.' If it works for you, why can't it work for someone else? Funny how you only chose to say you're celibate when I was winning the argument. :rolleyes: Kind of undermines it if you ask me and I'm not sure I believe you.
My post is about everyone who chooses to be celibate for whatever reason. That particular example just highlights some of the benefits.

If you think that's ignorance, I've nothing else for you. Considering you questioned my authority on the subject, I didn't feel the need to bring it up before then. I don't care whether you believe me or not since you're proving to me that you don't care about a discussion. I just explained why it may not work for someone else. Are you blind or just choosing to ignore my post before replying? I stand by my comments and gave a thorough example of why celibacy can be a denial, not an answer.

You want to win, but there is no prize. This is a discussion, not a competition and you are not 'winning' anything with a weakly argued stance on a vast subject. How do you expect to convince people of your position with a poorly explained argument and pathetic 'But I want to win!' attitude? Why exactly do you care so much about people being celibate? How does it affect you and why do you want to promote it unless you are personally connected to that choice?
(edited 7 years ago)
I probably know a lot more about it than you do.

There's a nice comfy spot for you as a cleric in Syria somewhere. If you go now you might make it by the time the millions of unworthy people you are so much better than return to a state of peace.
that's low. too low for me to respond to.

it's past your bedtime, kid.

:smile:
You're so angry, what made you this way? I don't blame you for what you are saying and how you are saying it but it must have been pretty rough to be like this.

The ignorance and arrogance of people like you who want to impose the conventional lifestyle on everyone else.
but youre probably just a fifteen year old sitting behind a computer so i'm not going to argue anymore

Quick Reply

Latest