The Student Room Group

Student struggling to find a place to live with two dogs and nowhere to go

Due to very unfortunate circumstances, my life has been completely flipped over and I now have no one who can look after my two dogs while I am at bath spa uni. Giving up my dogs is not an option, they are the only family I have left. I need some advice, how can a student find a place that will allow pets in or a few miles out of the bath area. I am so desperate, my budgets 520pcm and I need somewhere by June because my contract for student accom ends then and I have absolutely nowhere to go
Reply 1
Try extending your contract for student accommodation during the summer, while you find a more suitable flat. Most universities will be happy in letting out their accommodation in the summer, due to a lack of applicants.
Reply 2
Original post by Tarius
Try extending your contract for student accommodation during the summer, while you find a more suitable flat. Most universities will be happy in letting out their accommodation in the summer, due to a lack of applicants.

That's actually a really good idea, thanks bro!
Reply 3
But I have to take my dogs by the end of June though
I don't think you'll find a student place which will accept pets. You could look a private rentals, you may have to pay extra into the deposit but you might be able to keep the dogs, you will have less choice though as many landlords won't want pet owners.
really and truly you're better of getting rid of the dogs
Original post by chronus
Due to very unfortunate circumstances, my life has been completely flipped over and I now have no one who can look after my two dogs while I am at bath spa uni. Giving up my dogs is not an option, they are the only family I have left. I need some advice, how can a student find a place that will allow pets in or a few miles out of the bath area. I am so desperate, my budgets 520pcm and I need somewhere by June because my contract for student accom ends then and I have absolutely nowhere to go

You should be able to find a privately rented dog friendly property... :smile: It might be slightly harder but I'd be surprised if you couldn't find anything at all.

Don't panic, start looking - I've found Gumtree to be useful as there are more private landlords rather than agencies, so you might have better luck finding a pet friendly place. Here's their safety tips on renting which you should read first.

Quick Reply

Latest