The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
I've been in a 1L Corsa with 5 doors (it's not mine btw).
There weren't any issues really. It's not gonna be quick, but there's 5 seats for a reason!

Unless those 5 people are just extraordinarily large... :rofl:
Original post by mobbsy91
Unless those 5 people are just extraordinarily large... :rofl:

Well that's true.
Theres not a lit of space in the back of them either. Its quite cramped with a full car!
Well that's true.
Theres not a lit of space in the back of them either. Its quite cramped with a full car!

Yeh this too... that would fairly uncomfortable :biggrin:
Yeh this too... that would fairly uncomfortable :biggrin:

Its not too bad if you leave the doors open though :lol:
Yes we did that. Its was a good laugh!! :biggrin:
Its not too bad if you leave the doors open though :lol:
Yes we did that. Its was a good laugh!! :biggrin:

Mmm, fun till the police come by... and if they're that big, no time to close the doors :rofl:
Mmm, fun till the police come by... and if they're that big, no time to close the doors :rofl:

True.
:rofl: Yup that may be an issue. Just throw em out!
True.
:rofl: Yup that may be an issue. Just throw em out!

Haha, shotgun being the one in the middle then :rofl:
Haha, shotgun being the one in the middle then :rofl:

Haha ok then!
Ill take the roof!!
Haha ok then!
Ill take the roof!!
Now that's cheating :tongue:
Now that's cheating :tongue:

Haha :lol:
I imagine it would be fun though!!!
Haha :lol:
I imagine it would be fun though!!!

Yeh, haha, maybe we should just get a convertible, then have no problem about the roof...
Yeh, haha, maybe we should just get a convertible, then have no problem about the roof...

Problem solved!
Now its just a question of which one?
Problem solved!
Now its just a question of which one?

Yeh, mmm, something cheap!
Original post by Kieran1996
Depends on whether the engine is interference or non-interference.
True that high revs will ruin a cam belt faster though.

Luckily my Ford KA 1.2 (new model not the old rust bucket) is non-interference so I happily rev it around the A roads and motorways not too worried if the cam belt does snap.

Interference/Non Interference only matters if the belt does snap, but if you replace it at the correct time/mileage intervals then that shouldn't happen. Unless the came belt is past its interval then neither high revs nor high loads will increase your chance of snapping it. High revs only wear it marginally faster than normal driving.

You're going to need to rev the nuts off that little 1.2 anyway! A mighty 70bhp to play with :tongue:
Original post by Nuffles
Interference/Non Interference only matters if the belt does snap, but if you replace it at the correct time/mileage intervals then that shouldn't happen. Unless the came belt is past its interval then neither high revs nor high loads will increase your chance of snapping it. High revs only wear it marginally faster than normal driving.

You're going to need to rev the nuts off that little 1.2 anyway! A mighty 70bhp to play with :tongue:

Yup completely correct! Thanks for adding that on, I kinda skipped the basis and went to what effects the engine. I assumed high revs made it worse a lot but good to know it doesn't :smile:

Haha I rev it a lot, give a mighty little roar but it does its job well in fairness
Don't waste your money,i had a 1.2 ltd edition corsa,great handling,sporty looking but really struggled on hills,had to change down a couple of gears and that was just me in the carEck
God alive there advice on this thread is amusing.

A 1.2 Corsa will be plenty enough for a first car. Yes it will carry 5 people if needed and has the seats. You will have to change down gears on hills, just as I would have had to do in my 3 litre Subaru or any other car, don't go thinking you are going to steam up hills in top gear in any car.
i mean its gonna be slow no matter what but if a 2cv can carry a family of 6 you corsa should be fine
Original post by t0m0king
i mean its gonna be slow no matter what but if a 2cv can carry a family of 6 you corsa should be fine

The typical first car is going to be slow. Nor would I encourage young people who are new drivers to be out on the roads with 5 litre BMWs doing 200mph, enough of them kill themselves in crashes as it is. The roads are a very dangerous place in the UK.