The Student Room Group

He went for a not so pretty girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
x

Truth is ... she Squats and you don't. :drool:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you may not see her as preety but he sees her as preety.

beauty is only skin deep. it is what is inside you that matters.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
If he had said 'I like the blonde girl-next-door better than that blonde supermodel', then it would have been about preference. But he didn't.

And I also think you'd want a muscular man with a strong jaw line if you'd be better looking and/or had more confidence. We are genetically programmed to be drawn to those attributes that are generally considered attractive.

The "blonde girl-next-door" is average compared to the supermodel. I don't get your point.

People have preferences, what you find hot may not be what someone else finds hot.

It doesn't really have anything to do with insecurity unless you feel like you can't do any better...there is a difference between liking someone, or liking them because you know that is the best you're going to get. The latter is fuelled by insecurity.

Lol you don't know anything about me, and I have never found muscular men/strong jaws appealing and that is my preference, it has nothing to do with how I feel about myself.
So why did he lie about not wanting a relationship?

He just didn't want a relationship with you.

Maybe there is something else about the other girl that he likes? Is she taller/shorter than you, have a different body type, her daddy is richer/more powerful, he's known her since nursery…? Any number of factors make her the choice rather than you.

Pretty on it's own is not enough.
Original post by Trapz99
What other factors are there lol

Personality: not going to be attracted to someone who is a complete ****.
Interests: also not going to be attracted to someone if we have nothing in common.
Intelligence: going to be honest, if a girl isn't that intelligent then we will be thinking on different levels and talk to each other in much different ways.
Looks do not count all the time when it comes to relationships...

Some people while not being so attractive have a personality that renders looks or other factors not important.. or sometimes it could be intellect or just the way the person is ... that makes other things, not count at all.

For the more 'pragmatic' it could be money...

Variety is the spice of life...~
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
The "blonde girl-next-door" is average compared to the supermodel. I don't get your point.

Absolutely. My point is he didn't say that. He didn't specify a type. He kept it general. So it has nothing to do with types or preferences.

It doesn't really have anything to do with insecurity unless you feel like you can't do any better...there is a difference between liking someone, or liking them because you know that is the best you're going to get. The latter is fuelled by insecurity.

Your mind plays tricks on you. It's called subconsciousness. Especially when it comes to something you don't like to admit to yourself.

Lol you don't know anything about me, and I have never found muscular men/strong jaws appealing and that is my preference, it has nothing to do with how I feel about myself.

That's false, I am afraid.
I was seeing this guy who asked me out on a date and we got along REALLY well, we would laugh all of the time and we just clicked. I was always very sweet to him and he said I was funny. But then he told me that he wasn't looking for a relationship and that he wasn't attracted to me, that he felt no romantic attraction towards me. I'm really not an arrogant person at all and I'm so sorry if it comes across that way, but people compliment me a lot everyday and I used to model.

So barely 2 weeks later he gets a new girlfriend, and I'm so sorry for what I'm about to say [I'm usually not mean like this :frown:] but she's not conventionally.... gorgeous. I know people are going to say 'well her personality is obviously better than yours she's probably nicer' but I am a nice person and I'm sure she is too.

It's just the reason why I'm hurt is because he gave his reason for not wanting a relationship with me as not being attracted to me but literally everyone says that I'm far prettier than her.

So why did he lie about not wanting a relationship? And if looks were so important to him, why did he choose a girl that is not that pretty? I know 'beauty's in the eye of the beholder' but honestly this is on a conventional basis.

I really really apologise if I came across as horrible, vain or mean in this and I'm sorry for being nasty. I'm usually not like this :frown: Please forgive me x

people are attracted to different things, I might find a girl to be really hot but my friends think she is average.
Original post by stefano865
This is absolutely true.

I see 'average' women in the street that I find more attractive than a few well known models.

He wasn't attracted to you. Move on. :wink:

There's something about seeing beauty in a person that others don't seem to comprehend

Quick Reply