The Student Room Group

A girl likes to dress sexy...

Just knowing this fact, what does this say about her? How likely is she to be promiscuous?

Could girls dress sexy just to impress other girls or is the motive to catch guys?
Reply 1
Can't really judge. Some girls dress sexy when they go to clubs, without even trying to catch guys. It'd be funny to judge someone based on how they dress because from experience it really doesn't say anything.
Dunno, why not ask her.
Original post by zill1
Just knowing this fact, what does this say about her? How likely is she to be promiscuous?

Could girls dress sexy just to impress other girls or is the motive to catch guys?

Depends... most promiscuous girls are pretty easy to identify from personality / character. Loud, brash, outwardly confident, insecure, desperate for male attention, party gals

Nearly every human being wants to look good, not all are easy or looking for a lay
(edited 8 years ago)
I dress 'sexy' so that when I go out to a club and no one so much as looks at me I can say 'but look how good my bum looks in this dress' and my girlfriends all agree that it is a travesty.
Reply 5
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Loud, brash, outwardly confident, insecure, desperate for male attention, party gals

Can a girl have these personalities but not be slutty? Just wondering that's all.

Also are they usually on the ugly side or pretty side?
Original post by Charlotte49
I dress 'sexy' so that when I go out to a club and no one so much as looks at me I can say 'but look how good my bum looks in this dress' and my girlfriends all agree that it is a travesty.

omg i love this hahaha
Original post by zill1
Can a girl have these personalities but not be slutty? Just wondering that's all.

In all seriousness can we please not stereotype girls as being 'slutty' because of the way they act or dress. It has absolutely nothing to do with how much sex she has or how likely she might be to have sex with you (which is probably not very likely if you assume that because she's dressed in a revealing outfit she is some sort of sex-crazed lunatic). :hmmm:
Original post by zill1

Im sure there are some! These are just the characteristics i see overwhelmingly in promiscuous women. Insecurity being the number 1 imo

All, some pretty most average, some ugly
Reply 9
Original post by Betelgeuse-

All, some pretty most average, some ugly

You would've thought the ugly ones are the most insecure and with the most need to "show off" their bodies. Although I guess competition for quality guys is pretty intense and you'd have to have some look to start with for those guys.
Reply 10
Original post by Charlotte49
It has absolutely nothing to do with how much sex she has

But she would be offered a lot?
I dress 'sexy' because I want to look good for myself. If I like clothes, I will buy them and wear them. I am not promiscuous.

I am also intelligent, relatively attractive and confident. I enjoy going out and go to clubs or parties often. I can be loud and outgoing. I can also be quiet and introverted.

All in all, the only way to really ascertain if a woman is promiscuous is if you have observed her behaving promiscuously. To assume based on vapid stereotypes will get you nowhere.
Original post by zill1
Just knowing this fact, what does this say about her? How likely is she to be promiscuous? Could girls dress sexy just to impress other girls or is the motive to catch guys

-Nope, this is not always the case.
Trust me. I'll use me for example, I've probably mentioned this a lot of times, forgive me guys seriously. I'm not saying this to brag or anything or to seem proud/ better than other people but I've never had sex before and I decided to wait until marriage before going for 'intimacy'. It doesn't mean though I don't like dressing sexy at times.

Here and there I may show some thighs and a bit of cleavage lol (not full on though just enough to be noticed) because...I feel bad for saying this and it may seem like I'm a trouble maker but because if I like a guy especially, I may dress sexy to tease him a little and have his attention. It's fun knowing he's interested and appreciates your looks. You feel sexy and wanted. Knowing guys are attracted to you and your 'attributes' lol can sometimes add to your confidence a little.
I know it definitely did for me at times especially when I was trying to overcome some insecurities with my body from the past. Currently I'm trying to move on from this though as I don't want to be known only for my body but personality too. Ladies we can still attract but using our sexy, sharp minds rawr :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
It depends upon your definition of sexy.
I wear revealing clothes and I'm not promiscuous. You can't just assume something from how someone dresses.
Reply 15
Original post by keturah
I wear revealing clothes and I'm not promiscuous. You can't just assume something from how someone dresses.

So is it a reflection of their personality?
Reply 16
Just on this topic, Is it possible for a loud party girl to be not promiscuous?
Original post by zill1
Just on this topic, Is it possible for a loud party girl to be not promiscuous?

Concerning this issue, anything is possible. Human beings are so complex and complicated that it would be difficult to categorise individuals into exact concepts and groups. There are girls who have never had penetrative sex but have given handjobs and fellatio to many guys. No one would guess it as they aren't exactly your typical 'girls gone wild' bunch but ladies from a quite a religious, traditional family. Would you say they live a promiscuous lifestyle or not? It's difficult. Being a party girl also doesn't really say much about your sexuality. There are party girls who just love the trill of late night music and going wild on a beverage. Some girls even go to parties not interested in hooking up. So you would never know unless you ask.
i dont care how girls dress... the clothes are gonna be off in a few mins anyway
I really just dress however I feel, and if dressing what would be considered 'sexy' makes me feel good then I dress that way! I'm not promiscuous in the slightest and the way a person dresses really is not a fit way to judge their character. Sometimes I shove on jogging bottoms and a hoodie, sometimes I doll myself up and out on a fur coat and stockings. I don't really care so long as I feel good :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending