The Student Room Group

Last minute A-Level maths studies... help?

When I finished my GCSE's last year, I didn't want to go onto college or sixth form but of course I had to stay in education until I was 18.

I've been working 4 days a week and then doing an A-level from home on my day off.

Here's the thing - I haven't really been doing much of the learning, my first exam is in a month and I'm incredibly behind with my work. I can just never find the motivation to do it!

Does anyone have any tips on learning a level maths? What do you think the most important things are to focus on when revising/learning? I'm taking core 1, core 2 and stats 1 from AQA if this helps.
Reply 1
Original post by lacee_
When I finished my GCSE's last year, I didn't want to go onto college or sixth form but of course I had to stay in education until I was 18.

I've been working 4 days a week and then doing an A-level from home on my day off.

Here's the thing - I haven't really been doing much of the learning, my first exam is in a month and I'm incredibly behind with my work. I can just never find the motivation to do it!

Does anyone have any tips on learning a level maths? What do you think the most important things are to focus on when revising/learning? I'm taking core 1, core 2 and stats 1 from AQA if this helps.

Past papers and exam solutions with AS alone should get you an A. Make sure you understand where you went wrong on them too. S1 questions rarely change other than the context and the numbers.

Quick Reply

Latest