The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sometimes 2 sometimes 5 tbh
i might have breakfast and dinner
or sometimes i'll have breakfast, lunch, 2 dinners and dessert not including snacks
just depends lol
Original post by jawsontheflooor
sometimes 2 sometimes 5 tbh
i might have breakfast and dinner
or sometimes i'll have breakfast, lunch, 2 dinners and dessert not including snacks
just depends lol

Woahh!! How can you eat sooo much!! After just one meal I'm pretty much stuffed!! Can't imagine 5!! :biggrin:
I usually have a breakfast (5am), a mid morning breakfast (10am), lunch (1pm) dinner (6pm). If I am still awake I'll have a late night dinner as well :tongue: haha
Reply 4
Usually 2, breakfast and linner at around 3-6.

Occasionally 3 if I'm up early, or going out for lunch etc as most places like to close at my eating time. I'm rarely hungry enough to eat 2 late meals.

Couldn't skip breakfast though, sounds horribly unhealthy.
I have Lunch and Tea! (dont call it dinner for some reason)

I can never eat breakfast, im never hungry then.
And i comfort eat currently :frown: I need to cut it out immediately!
3 on most days, 4 if i am playing sport in the evening - breakfast, lunch, dinner, and then if I've played sport then another meal after I get back
Original post by acontium
I usually have a breakfast (5am), a mid morning breakfast (10am), lunch (1pm) dinner (6pm). If I am still awake I'll have a late night dinner as well :tongue: haha

Sooo much food!!!! Too much food!!!!
Original post by Inazuma
Usually 2, breakfast and linner at around 3-6.

Occasionally 3 if I'm up early, or going out for lunch etc as most places like to close at my eating time. I'm rarely hungry enough to eat 2 late meals.

Couldn't skip breakfast though, sounds horribly unhealthy.

Why unhealthy though??
Original post by mobbsy91
Woahh!! How can you eat sooo much!! After just one meal I'm pretty much stuffed!! Can't imagine 5!! :biggrin:

some days i eat soooo much and other days i'll have like nothing !
i'm pretty much always hungry though
That feel where there is no option for 0 :moon:

I literally don't eat meals. I'm incapable of being a proper person.
Original post by Ethereal World
That feel where there is no option for 0 :moon:

I literally don't eat meals. I'm incapable of being a proper person.

:redface: I forgot to add 0 :redface:

You gotta eat at some point though :tongue: Is it just kinda grazing throughout the day??
1 meal or 2 if I'm lucky because I'm trying to eat only when I'm hungry but overtime when my body clocks itself back, hopefully 3/4 times a day :u:
2-4 usually. Sometimes 5.
Sooo much food!!!! Too much food!!!!

Why unhealthy though??

It's widely studied and shown to have negative impact, you need food to live. If you're not getting food in, your brain isn't going to function as well etc.

Also eating multiple meals isn't 'too much food'. It just means someone may have a higher metabolism, higher energy requirement, or they just have smaller meals.

Eating more food allows you to get proper nutrition in as well that you might not do otherwise.
lunch and dinner

breakfast is for people who have their life together
:frown:
:redface: I forgot to add 0 :redface:

You gotta eat at some point though :tongue: Is it just kinda grazing throughout the day??

:yep:

Major grazer right here. Like I grab a quick supermarket sandwich for lunch at work but it's never at a normal time of day.

I always skip breakfast (I literally used to be so anti-skipping it but when you work full time and then some sleep is just the priority).

Then for dinner normally a bottle of Coke.

I have terrible habits atm tho. I always say I'm going to sort it out, but I never do.
Original post by Inazuma
It's widely studied and shown to have negative impact, you need food to live. If you're not getting food in, your brain isn't going to function as well etc.

Also eating multiple meals isn't 'too much food'. It just means someone may have a higher metabolism, higher energy requirement, or they just have smaller meals.

Eating more food allows you to get proper nutrition in as well that you might not do otherwise.

Yeh, and I don't disagree that you need food, and that having a healthy diet is good, but 5 meals... :redface: Even with a high metabolism... Not just that, but if your meals are roughly the same size as mine, that's quite a bit more expensive, and a lot more time depending on if you cook yourself, or what meal it is...
Original post by defenestrated
lunch and dinner

breakfast is for people who have their life together
:frown:

This.
5 meals a day whether I'm bulking or cutting, obviously the bulking meals are bigger/contain more calories.

A typical bulking day for me (not that I eat the same every day, but to give you an idea) might look like:

Breakfast:
Big bowl of cereal
Bit of fruit
Protein shake

Lunch:
Spaghetti Bolognaise

Meal 3:
Sandwich or baguette with meat
Liquid egg whites

Dinner:
Whatever mum's cooking (or a takeaway as a weekly(ish) treat)
Liquid egg whites if dinner wasn't very high in protein (all about dat IIFYM life)

Pre-bed/supper:
Big bowl of cereal
Bit of fruit
Protein shake

In case you're wondering, that's around 3500 calories a day. I need 3200ish just to maintain my average weight.
(edited 7 years ago)
4 meals + revision snacks

Posted from TSR Mobile