The Student Room Group

We do not need anymore Punk documentaries! Nor Nirvana being mentioned every time.

Music documentaries have become so formulaic I swear i could predict the footage, the quotes and the inane talking heads providing no insight whatsoever.

There is something enormously cringe-worthy watching chin stroking music journalists feign cockney accents while talking about "The system" as well.

http://thesatedire.com/entertainment/disbelief-as-music-documentary-will-not-feature-punk-or-nirvana/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What the hell is nirvana?!
Reply 2
Original post by M14B

It is either heaven or a mediocre band selling self pity as profundity.
Yeah we need more rap docs tbh
Reply 4
Original post by Dopeshhonly

As long as it isn't going over the same territory. Copy and paste music docs are some of the worst TV out there.
Reply 5
Original post by Dopeshhonly

Yeh Man
Original post by Damien96
x

Hiya OP :wavey:

Just moved this over to a more appropriate section for you. :smile:

Ethan
Music documentaries have become so formulaic I swear i could predict the footage, the quotes and the inane talking heads providing no insight whatsoever.

There is something enormously cringe-worthy watching chin stroking music journalists feign cockney accents while talking about "The system" as well.

http://thesatedire.com/entertainment/disbelief-as-music-documentary-will-not-feature-punk-or-nirvana/

You do realise Nirvana wasn't punk, right?

It is either heaven or a mediocre band selling self pity as profundity.

Mediocre? That seems very unlikely considering how progressive they were. So what is your idea of a great band?
Reply 8
Original post by DMcGovern
You do realise Nirvana wasn't punk, right?

Mediocre? That seems very unlikely considering how progressive they were. So what is your idea of a great band?

Yes I do realise they weren't Punk, I don't thinkt hey quite did though.

I never found them progressive, more a third rate version of The Damned without any sense of irony.
I love Nirvana <3
Reply 10
Original post by AthiaKarim
I love Nirvana <3

I forgive you :smile:
Yes I do realise they weren't Punk, I don't thinkt hey quite did though.

I never found them progressive, more a third rate version of The Damned without any sense of irony.

The Damned?
They were a grunge band that has come to be regarded as one of the most influential and important rock bands of the modern era.
I forgive you :smile:

forgive me for what lol:dontknow: i really like them :u:
Reply 13
Original post by DMcGovern
The Damned?
They were a grunge band that has come to be regarded as one of the most influential and important rock bands of the modern era.

Important and influential yes but that does mean they were good. What has come since? Nu Metal? Emo? "Punks" with skateboards got more popular and most Rock has been taken over by whiney, self-pity.

Each to their own of course.

And yes, The Damned, it isn't, nor should it be, a secret that Nirvana loved The Damned and I think it shows.
Nirvana are everwhere atm!
Theyve been in all the Kerrang Magazines ive ever bought (ive only bought 3, the ones that feature PVRIS in them)
Theyre all over the internet!!
Rather annoying tbh!
Reply 15
Original post by AthiaKarim
forgive me for what lol:dontknow: i really like them :u:

For disagreeing with me :biggrin:
Original post by M14B

Apparently its the name thats found on the t shirts of wanna-be emo chicks :tongue:
Original post by BiologyA2Student
Apparently its the name thats found on the t shirts of wanna-be emo chicks :tongue:

thats so rude lol

but at least, those wanna-be emo chicks appreciate good music :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by BiologyA2Student

Surely it isn't hard being an "Emo chick"? Just be under 13 and lament the pressures of life.
Important and influential yes but that does mean they were good. What has come since? Nu Metal? Emo? "Punks" with skateboards got more popular and most Rock has been taken over by whiney, self-pity.

Each to their own of course.

And yes, The Damned, it isn't, nor should it be, a secret that Nirvana loved The Damned and I think it shows.

They were a million times better than the shite these days.

Well of course corporatism has taken over so now all we have is hardcore heavy metal, pop rock and sellouts like Green Day.

I'd say they were influenced more by Sonic Youth or the Pixies but possibly :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest