The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Swiss luckily do not comply with any EU regulations/resolutions
Give them all one lindt truffle each

Then fire a couple of million lindt truffles as far away from swtizerlands borders as you can. That should keep them at bay for a few months

I was just about to post this lol. Good to see Switzerland are prepared to protect their country from illegal invaders.
Reply 5
I hope I'm not alone in noticing the dehumanisation of refugees who are, just as much as we are, people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ODES_PDES
The Swiss luckily do not comply with any EU regulations/resolutions

Well yes they do. They receive access to the Single market based on their acceptance of freedom of movement of EU citizens. I'd also note these are simple precautions and nothing of the sort has been implemented yet.
Original post by NickLCFC
I was just about to post this lol. Good to see Switzerland are prepared to protect their country from illegal invaders.

How are these people invaders?
Sweden should take note.

Armed guards on borders with processing checkpoints at the most likely entry points would be a start. If any of them start acting violently or try to rush past barriers (as was the case with Calais), shoot and disperse.
Original post by SHallowvale
How are these people invaders?

Because once they've travelled all the way up to Switzerland, as far as I'm concerned they're no longer refugees (and they probably never were 'real' refugees in the first place).
Because once they've travelled all the way up to Switzerland, as far as I'm concerned they're no longer refugees (and they probably never were 'real' refugees in the first place).

Why not?
Why not?

Because they've already passed multiple safe countries to get to that point. They're economic migrants. They only want to go to and take advantage of the countries with generous welfare programs. Surely real refugees would be happy in the first 'safe' country they reach....
Because they've already passed multiple safe countries to get to that point. They're economic migrants. They only want to go to and take advantage of the countries with generous welfare programs. Surely real refugees would be happy in the first 'safe' country they reach....

Not necessarily.

If the first country you visit is already full to the brim with refugees and cannot provide adequate assistance for any more then I, personally, would move onto the next country, especially if they are both more capable, and in some cases more willing, to care for refugees.
Not necessarily.

If the first country you visit is already full to the brim with refugees and cannot provide adequate assistance for any more then I, personally, would move onto the next country, especially if they are both more capable, and in some cases more willing, to care for refugees.

That just wouldn't be the case. There are more than enough aid workers and refugees camps in both Greece and Turkey. You can then go through the legal process of claiming asylum in the EU.
Those migrants are gonna get turned into Swiss cheese.
Reply 15
Original post by pjm600
I hope I'm not alone in noticing the dehumanisation of refugees who are, just as much as we are, people.

Being a human being doesn't give you the right to go wherever you want.

und zis von is for removing of immigrants ja ?
Reply 17
They should threaten them with women shaking hands, it would be even more efficient.
Reply 18
Original post by Josb
Being a human being doesn't give you the right to go wherever you want.

Correct, but users describing them as "illegal invaders" or saying that they should be shot and killed for trying to enter a country makes for uncomfortable reading.

It's quite surprising that users of a usually liberal leaning forum hold these views.

I don't think anyone needs a reminder of the consequences of dehumanising groups of people based on ethnicity.
Reply 19
Original post by pjm600

I don't think anyone needs a reminder of the consequences of dehumanising groups of people based on ethnicity.

Nobody mentioned their ethnicity?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending