The Student Room Group

I'm actually super messed up...

Scroll to see replies

I already went through my emo phase...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmazingArry
Some of you who know me, know that I sideline as an abstract painter. I ran out of paint yesterday and so today I thought I'd pick up a pencil and dabble in a little realism to hold my tide. That realism turned to surrealism and then into plain old creepy. So creepy that I'm disturbed by my own drawing yet compelled into finishing it but I know if I finish it, I probably won't be able to sleep for a while.

I actually think if I finish it, I can't ever show anyone the insides of my sketchbook unless I intend to scare them because they have no moral compass.

It would have been justified to draw this if I was high on something but I've never touched drugs ever so I'm slightly ( very) concerned about my mental health.

If other artists have experienced creating a piece like that, what did you do?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Gasp. I actually would love to see this. Please, I beg you. It sounds awesome... I'm probably more disturbed than you may think you are x
Some of you who know me, know that I sideline as an abstract painter. I ran out of paint yesterday and so today I thought I'd pick up a pencil and dabble in a little realism to hold my tide. That realism turned to surrealism and then into plain old creepy. So creepy that I'm disturbed by my own drawing yet compelled into finishing it but I know if I finish it, I probably won't be able to sleep for a while.

I actually think if I finish it, I can't ever show anyone the insides of my sketchbook unless I intend to scare them because they have no moral compass.

It would have been justified to draw this if I was high on something but I've never touched drugs ever so I'm slightly ( very) concerned about my mental health.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get it out of your system. Your art reflects who you are at any given moment, so to try and influence it is to deny that part of your own identity and internal makeup.

So don't be concerned about your mental health. Whatever is coming out must be in there in order to want to come out. That you can manifest it and identify it is the first step in doing whatever it is you need to do with it.
Title - I can say that about myself too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's nothing, I've both seen and drawn a lot worse. My favourite type of art is surrealism, but I'd say the "scariest/creepiest" painting I've seen is "Saturn Devouring His Son" by Goya.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by VeniViciVidi
I really thought this conversation was going to get interesting.

me too
Ok I'm givings you a pic of a bit of it1461286015725.jpg

If you want to see the rest after I've finished it then I'll pm it to you tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah you're actually good :smile: Please me too.
I know this is out of the blue but I have some of my good friend's drawings from secondary school who used to give me them when she had doodled in classes she found boring lol this kind of reminded me of some of her work though her style was more towards Gothic anime. Arh I wish I could draw, might start learning and practising soon, probably during my gap year.
Oh and one more thing, not to sound like a creep or an annoying kiss up but being brutally honest here, have you ever thought of looking into writing some creative pieces maybe on a blog that's dedicated to creative writing or maybe draft a book? When I read some of your comments for example:
'A cat's nose and face shape, hollow eye sockets, a clowns smile with human lips, chewing on an eyeball that just follows you no matter what direction you look at it in, shedding skin, bones underneath visible and abnormally long canines.'

- As an English Lit student who enjoys reading creative pieces, it felt like I was reading an intriguing piece from an eccentric book. I think it's something you should certainly consider if you haven't already. Ok, done.
Original post by Cherry82
Woah you're actually good :smile: Please me too.
I know this is out of the blue but I have some of my good friend's drawings from secondary school who used to give me them when she had doodled in classes she found boring lol this kind of reminded me of some of her work though her style was more towards Gothic anime. Arh I wish I could draw, might start learning and practising soon, probably during my gap year.

You don't have to be able to draw well to draw something good, if that makes sense... I mean look at the artist who drew the illustrations from the roald dahl books. There weren't the best in terms of technique but they are one of the most memorable images we have from our childhood. Van Gogh's paintings were thought to be beyond crap back in his time and look at him now, one of the most influential impressionist artist to ever lived. Art is freedom of expression, so breaking the rules and doing your own thing, is encouraged. So everyone can draw, don't think you cant because of the type of subgenre you're exposed to. Pick up a pencil, a crayon, chalk, and put it to the page and remember what's on that page at the end is you and you only.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude i have no moral compass, especially when it comes to commenting but did you draw some paenus nipples?
Reply 70
99% sure this is a Layers of Fear reference.
Original post by thefatone
Dude i have no moral compass, especially when it comes to commenting but did you draw some paenus nipples?

Not really... I doubt you don't have a moral compass.

lemme find my joke post if i can and it's not lost

here you go

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4009243&highlight=Brutal+joke#primary_content
Original post by Kiytt
99% sure this is a Layers of Fear reference.

Just googled layers of fear... I thought maybe it was a book, but its a game. I've actually never played it.

That's actually quite funny. I feel bad for thinking it but still, funny.
I'm expecting Outlast level of wtf with this drawing or just no to this thread.
OP, how do you avoid cutting yourself on your edge?
I dont get it, is this a joke or something?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
OP, how do you avoid cutting yourself on your edge?

M8 they're on the edge of Dover cliff.

Quick Reply

Latest