The Student Room Group

Switzerland Suspends Citizenship process for Muslim Family

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheArtofProtest
Then we are not tolerant, enlightened or a bastion of free rights if we don't show to others, through our actions, that we are.

It's all just hot empty air and on par with Saudi Arabia chairing the Human Rights Council.

No these rights are for the people of the countries that support them and their populations they are not for immigrants who are trying to make our countries as backwards as the ones they have left.

But as I say we have had to fight to get were we are today and this fight isn't over (and never will be while we allow the importation of backward beliefs and attitudes)
Of course they are racists and right wingers. I shall call them as they are.

I'm disappointed that you are trying to curtail my freedom of speech, despite the fact that you seem to be a proponent of such rights.

Perhaps you are only in favour of my right to free speech when it is in agreement with your own supremacist views?

Then you can be dismissed as a bigot (which is a shame as you usually do present a good reasoned argument)

But no I'm not trying to curtail anything in fact I'm supporting a freedom you yourself are trying to support here and that is the 'right' to find a country that better supports your aims and wants regardless of how much a dick you want to be when you get there
:toofunny:

Conspiracy theories in abundance today.

The Aryan nation must be kept pure. Out with the Jews and the degenerates. :fuhrer:

How does the Swiss law on Citizenship apply to say a Saudi Citizen?

Ah now you've lost the argument so reverted to old form

Poor show old chap, poor show.
You can't have your cake and eat it otherwise you're simply talk and no action, which is a position that you seem happy for us to occupy.

I'm sorry but my conscience does not allow me to be a hypocrite.

No I defend the right of the people their country to maintain how they want their country to be.

You it seems would deny them this right
:toofunny:

Conspiracy theories in abundance today.

The Aryan nation must be kept pure. Out with the Jews and the degenerates. :fuhrer:

I used the term 'import'

you counter with 'out'

Do you understand the term 'import'?

And I note you have gone for the old trope now you're being shown as a bigot.

Just not cricket old boy.

Of course. "Out" is the counter term to "import". If it is easier for you, think of it as "exporting Jews and degenerates to the gas chambers".

Nope still doesn't make sense

I'd have to import them first to the export them

But I can see now you have started to get silly again I'll leave it there
I doubt if anyone from the UK would request Swiss citizenship.

First you say that I was wrong when I said that most inhabitants of Palestine are Arabs and now you further demonstrate your zeal to get things wrong with that statement.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatlife/10793145/Why-Ive-become-a-Swiss-national.html
As long as the majority of white men agree, that's all good.
and now - as unfortunately it always happens at some moment - race is dragged in. How very clever.

There is no Swiss authority requesting that these refugees change their race.

TAoP, discussing with you is an exercise in futility : therefore,

bye
(edited 8 years ago)
You think Hitler imported Jews with the sole intention of exporting them out again, with the choices being fleeing to another country or the gas chambers?

:rofl:

No I don't think that

What an odd to calim
Original post by mariachi
and now - as unfortunately it always happens at some moment - race is dragged in. How very clever.

There is no Swiss authority requesting that these refugees change their race.

TAoP, discussing with you is an exercise in futility : therefore,

bye

It's a sign he's lost the argument

But as you can see he's now gone all Godwin.
Perhaps you could provide to BaconandSauce the answer to the following:

I have scant knowledge of Swiss nationality law but you don't seem to suffer from the same ailment, given the fact that you confidently brought it up, so perhaps you could explain your answer to @BaconandSauce because he seems eager to know.

Or if he has sense he'll ignore you as I am going to do.
(edited 8 years ago)
There are classes of people, like refugees, that signatories to the convention cannot refuse to turn away.

But they don't have to grant them permanent residence, and don't have to grant them citizenship (which is the topic under discussion, isn't it?). Asylum can be very temporary, and in fact, should be.

There is no law, as yet (in the UK and dare I say Switzerland), requiring one to "integrate".

Clearly, in Switzerland, there is.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Or if he has sense he'll ignore you as I am going to do.
I'll ignore our common friend, but I'll gladly answer you : how does Swiss law apply to a Saudi citizen ?

not sure if I understood the question. Swiss law applies to a Saudi citizen just like it applies to any other foreign citizen : in certain situations, i.e. where some linkage exists between the Swiss authorities and the foreign national

if there are family links with a Swiss citizen (marriage, inheritance, custody etc), if the foreign national has assets in Switzerland, if he breaks the law in Switzerland etc

and, as we are discussing now, if the foreign national in question asks for Swiss citizenship: intuitively, one would say that only foreign nationals make a request for Swiss citizenship, so the relevant Swiss law about acquiring nationality applies to them

best
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mariachi
I'll ignore our common friend, but I'll gladly answer you : how does Swiss law apply to a Saudi citizen ?

not sure if I understood the question.

NP it was a throwaway remark to him that he seems to have got hold of the wrong impression
Reply 314
Sending someone to a warzone because they refused to shake someone's hand?

Kim Jong-Un would be proud of you, son. :fuhrer:

If the people support sharia law surely life in Syria would be better than the non believer western culture?
How to acquire Swiss citizenship : [video="youtube;eyqVmQmQPx0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyqVmQmQPx0[/video]

"Foreigners who apply to become Swiss citizens have no easy task - especially when the police lets Bodmer loose to check upon their background, their integration in the society, and the possible danger they represent to the orderliness and cleanliness of the country. Bodmer gets a new assistant to help him corner unsuitable applicants. Very soon, a couple of conformist German physicians, a pretty Eastern European dancer, and the inevitable (and politically troublesome) Italian immigrant and his family start shooting themselves in the foot in their attempts to get the red passport with a white cross."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078212/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

nothing new under the sun
(edited 8 years ago)
Perhaps you could provide to BaconandSauce the answer to the following:

I have scant knowledge of Swiss nationality law but you don't seem to suffer from the same ailment, given the fact that you confidently brought it up, so perhaps you could explain your answer to @BaconandSauce because he seems eager to know.

Common sense and what mariachi says. in this instance if you are applying for citizenship they you apply under Swiss immigration law and not what you decide to make up just because you work and pay taxes. As that law requires some measure of integration then they are perfectly entitled to say no or suspend the application of these people contrary to your belief.
Reply 317
Original post by Leukocyte
Conversing with you is like talking to a brick wall.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reply 318

It's all just hot empty air and on par with Saudi Arabia chairing the Human Rights Council.

I had noticed a little improvement in your posts in the last couple of months, but it seems that you have now returned to your usual strawman ********.
There's actually a thread about this.

Lel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending