The Student Room Group

Somebody I know is 20 and has slept with over 200 guys

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hektik
"You can't base respect on someone's sex life... Who are you to judge?"

"You sound like a horrible person."

I agree with your point, but what you've said is hypocritical.

"Who are you to judge?" followed by you judging an entire person's being based on a single comment/thing, the thing you just said the poster shouldn't do.

I said you sound like a horrible person, not he is one.

Smh
Original post by Awesome Genius
Don't listen to the people on this thread. They are total hypocrites. They all think it's cool and trendy to be super non-judgemental - so they say all this dribble even in such obvious cases like this. They are the same people who if their own daughter or sibling behaved like this would go mad.

It is totally impossible to respect some like this. You are not being judgmental relative to how society feels about her. End of story.

1) You don't know me well enough at all to say something like that
2) You have this weird delusional idea being arrogant is cool or trendy- hate to break it to you sweetheart but it isn't.
3) Own daughter? Are you implying its ok for your son to sleep around but not the daughter? Hypocrisy at its finest.
4) And fyi, if my daughter wanted to sleep around, all I would do is make sure she's safe and she won't end up doing anything she regrets.
5) Hard to respect you considering you have sexist views on women in the first place.

We're done.
She could put that on her CV, depending on her career path..
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Read my post, "You sound like a horrible person."

I never implied that he actually was one did I?

What a weak response.

So if the OP said "this girl sounds like a slut" instead of "she is a slut" it's all ok?

Makes sense.
Reply 64
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
She could put that on her CV, depending on her career path..

lelelel :rofl:
Original post by Mango Milkshake
What a weak response.

So if the OP said "this girl sounds like a slut" instead of "she is a slut" it's all ok?

Makes sense.

I said what I wanted. Problem? If you don't like it jog off sweetheart.

OP asked how you could respect someone who had slept with 200 guys. I automatically assumed that he was basing respect on someone's sex life alone. Hence why I thought he was a horrible person.
I said what I wanted. Problem? If you don't like it jog off sweetheart.

OP asked how you could respect someone who had slept with 200 guys. I automatically assumed that he was basing respect on someone's sex life alone. Hence why I thought he was a horrible person.

Then why do you have a problem with people who think she's a slut and who don't respect her?

Hypocrite.
Original post by Mango Milkshake
Then why do you have a problem with people who think she's a slut and who don't respect her?

Hypocrite.

It's a man sweetheart.

Oh my Lord I can't even believe at how daft you are. Read my post again.

And don't expect a reply either.
It's a man sweetheart.

Oh my Lord I can't even believe at how daft you are. Read my post again.

And don't expect a reply either.

Whos a man? What are you talking about?

Of course you're not going to reply because you've got no argument and you've lost.
Reply 69
I said you sound like a horrible person, not he is one.

Smh

That's true, but it's clear what you are trying to communicate, the only difference is "sounds" is like "is" without being certain or committed to the statement.

If somebody were to say about somebody "she sounds like a slut", it's clear that the person is making a judgement, and that the judgement is disapproval of her promiscuous behaviour, even if "sounds" is used in place of "is".
I don't understand how their sexual history has any relevance to whether you would respect them or not.

So ... easily.

4) And fyi, if my daughter wanted to sleep around, all I would do is make sure she's safe and she won't end up doing anything she regrets.

This, this, this.

It's likely she would do it regardless. By creating an atmosphere she felt like she wouldn't have to hide it, I at least could enable she was informed and was being safe and she could come to me if she needed me.

Making out sex to be a taboo topic with your children is not only not beneficial, but can be harmful. The amount of people I've heard of or met with HIV who have said they might not be in the position they are now if their parents had been more open about sex and they had felt they could come to them with questions.

I don't understand what is so hard to understand about this.

Spoiler

Original post by acupofgreentea
I don't understand how their sexual history has any relevance to whether you would respect them or not.

So ... easily.

This, this, this.

It's likely she would do it regardless. By creating an atmosphere she felt like she wouldn't have to hide it, I at least could enable she was informed and was being safe and she could come to me if she needed me.

Making out sex to be a taboo topic with your children is not only not beneficial, but can be harmful. The amount of people I've heard of or met with HIV who have said they might not be in the position they are now if their parents had been more open about sex and they had felt they could come to them with questions.

I don't understand what is so hard to understand about this.

Spoiler

You have really fallen from grace if you want a daughter that shags 200 men before the age of 20. My goodness.
Original post by loveleest
The fact that you said just daughter alone and not son tells me something.

Cos she was a girl lol
Exact same applies for a son.
TFW societal constructs have a bigger influence on people's opinion of others' behaviour than instinctual human nature itself. :rolleyes:
Original post by Ethereal World
TFW societal constructs have a bigger influence on people's opinion of others' behaviour than instinctual human nature itself. :rolleyes:

not sure what your point is here
what separates humans from other animals is our ability to not operate purely on instinct, such as killing every animal in sight because we might not live to see tommorrow
Original post by Straighthate
not sure what your point is here
what separates humans from other animals is our ability to not operate purely on instinct, such as killing every animal in sight because we might not live to see tommorrow

I assumed if you wanted me banned so much that you bothered to make a thread on it, I would at least be on your ignore list. :rolleyes:
Original post by Awesome Genius
You have really fallen from grace if you want a daughter that shags 200 men before the age of 20. My goodness.

I want a daughter, first and foremost, who is safe and healthy. You seem to have disregarded my point on those I've talked to with HIV.

A lack of sex education - which making sex a taboo topic can often create - is a breeding ground for STIs, not to mention teenage pregnancy. I would have thought - as a doctor - you'd be able to understand that viewpoint.

As I said, she would most likely do it with or without my permission and you'd be naive to think otherwise.

This is a view I've held for quite a while, especially having volunteered at a sexual health-related charity for more than two years. I thought this when you said I was "wonderful" and "sweet."

It's a realistic view.
(edited 8 years ago)
Nope. What a degenerate. No standards or morals.
Original post by Ethereal World
I assumed if you wanted me banned so much that you bothered to make a thread on it, I would at least be on your ignore list. :rolleyes:

i wasnt being serious when i made that thread

Original post by Straighthate
i wasnt being serious when i made that thread

Oh man I can stop crying now thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest