The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Forumaddict
Omg today she smiled at me no joke, I walked down the road I. The opposite direction to her so out paths crossed (I planned it all out beforehand so we'd walk past eachother) then we made a brief half second of eye contact and she smiled at me even if it was just a little smile and she didn't say hi I'm still very grateful for it. I've had a really nice day and her smiling at me was the highlight if that day, I just wish life could stay this way forever in contempt with just staring at her across the room thinking about how sweet she is and imagining our life together, but soon I can't even do that

Once you finish school you will be reminiscing about the past and you will wish then that you tried harder and having regrets is one of the worst feelings in the world. Her smiling at you is great but being able to have a conversation with her would be even better and getting to know her.

Also you are young so there will be other girls out there.
Original post by chikane
Once you finish school you will be reminiscing about the past and you will wish then that you tried harder and having regrets is one of the worst feelings in the world. Her smiling at you is great but being able to have a conversation with her would be even better and getting to know her.

Also you are young so there will be other girls out there.

I have regret about my shyness but not really to do with trying harder, honestly I have been to some quite extreme lengths to be in the same places as her at the same times the only thing I would change if I could is stuff like the a levels I choose to be in her classes and also maybe have started trying to follow her in year 12 not just in year 13 other than the 2 or 3 good chances I've had I don't see what more I could have done

Also I promise you there will never be any other girls I have romantic feelings for because there won't be anyone who can match up to her nt ever she is so unique and special it's impossible she could be matched or bettered. And even if there are others that I might e physically attracted to I am not going to do anything with them I don't even want a kiss an attractive girl unless it her because doing something would taint my memory of her I want her to be my first kiss and if that kiss has to be only in my dreams it is better than nt at all

Also I really don't want to move on from school in general, she is the main thing I don't want to leave behind but honestly everyone at my school is really nice boys and girls. Even the kind of popular tarty girls are actually really nice to me mostly and everyone in my lessons is a good laugh and I like my teachers an the banter I have with them an everyone is just really nice to me for the most part even though I know that I can be awkward and weird people are still nice to me and I know if I went to another school This may not be the case an maybe I would be bullied or picked on but here everyone is nice to eachother
(edited 7 years ago)
Have you been to see your GP yet or are you resigned to enver getting help or dealing with the issue that holds you back? Your idea that there wont be other potentials when there are billions of other females on the planet is clearly wrong amd just an excuse for you to stay paralysed. I get the feeling it will be years from now if you ever decide to get help and that will be a shame for you.
Beat myself up about it for months, tried to keep her out of my mind but couldn't. Felt a great deal of self loathing that made me self harm and suicidal. Couldn't drink with my friends without thinking about it. Then went on a date with another girl that made me realise that there are plenty more fish in the sea and I would have other opportunities. Then I took my Dad's great advice that if this girl was worth anything she would have understand why I made the mistakes I did.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Got over it, accepted life sucks sometimes and carried on with life

inevitably this is what'd you'd do but
it's not that easy.
It's never easy getting over someone that you consider to be 'the one', I myself have gone through a similar experience in the past and while it certainly hurts, its simply best to look forward no matter how emotionally attached you were.
you honestly need help, have you guys checked this guy's thread history?. he is creepy af, all he talks about is her. Seriously go get some help ASAP
Original post by Anonymous
inevitably this is what'd you'd do but
it's not that easy.

It takes time, but you have to accept it eventually. It's not healthy to cry over it forever :lol:
Original post by noey123
you honestly need help, have you guys checked this guy's thread history?. he is creepy af, all he talks about is her. Seriously go get some help ASAP

I don't need help, being infatuated in at a crime. And why is it creepy all I've done is say nice things about her I just want us to be together
Original post by 999tigger
Have you been to see your GP yet or are you resigned to enver getting help or dealing with the issue that holds you back? Your idea that there wont be other potentials when there are billions of other females on the planet is clearly wrong amd just an excuse for you to stay paralysed. I get the feeling it will be years from now if you ever decide to get help and that will be a shame for you.

It's not wrong!!!!!!! There is absolutely no one out that who can even come close to her let alone be better than her
It's not wrong!!!!!!! There is absolutely no one out that who can even come close to her let alone be better than her

Have it your own way, everyone else knows better. Infatuation works like that but you seem to want to stay in it becayse reality isn't your thing.
Original post by Lord Samosa
It takes time, but you have to accept it eventually. It's not healthy to cry over it forever :lol:

I know, that's why I said inevitably this is what you would do.

You get over it, but still really deep inside you know you'd still chose that person or not chose but that person still has a certain hold on you, that's how true love works. Eventually when you're over them and the feelings go, initially it's just loss of sexual feeling towards them and when you've removed them from your life, not thinking about them etc but the love remains and the care even if you have "moved on".
Reply 52
Omg today she smiled at me no joke, I walked down the road I. The opposite direction to her so out paths crossed (I planned it all out beforehand so we'd walk past eachother) then we made a brief half second of eye contact and she smiled at me even if it was just a little smile and she didn't say hi I'm still very grateful for it. I've had a really nice day and her smiling at me was the highlight if that day, I just wish life could stay this way forever in contempt with just staring at her across the room thinking about how sweet she is and imagining our life together, but soon I can't even do that

If she smiled at you, that's a definite sign that she likes you.

Just man the hell up, and indirectly ask her out. E.g. "Hey, I was wondering if you would like to meet up with me for a coffee sometime".

If the response is:
Yeah - trade numbers and arrange a time and place.
No (typical response "I'm already seeing someone") - say "Aw no, I meant just as friends", which results in you saving yourself, so it's not awkward the next time you see her.
Other ("Wait, are you asking me out") - Same as No.

Then after coffee, depending on how well it went and if she isn't already seeing someone, then fully commit and ask her on a date, "It was really great spending time with you, could I treat you to dinner sometime?"

This is a tried and tested guideline, so there's nothing holding you back now. The only thing you're worried about is fear of rejection, which can be nullified by passing it off as "just friends".

Just do it, stop letting fear stand in the way of your dreams.
Reply 53
I don't need help, being infatuated in at a crime. And why is it creepy all I've done is say nice things about her I just want us to be together

It's not a crime, but you definitely need help if what you are saying is true. It will destroy your life. There was a guy at uni who was really smart on a path to successful career but then he got obsessed with this girl and got really depressed and attached to this one girl. He ended up being at home the past 2 years, moping about, it's ridiculous.

Although maybe some people are more susceptible than others.

You say there is no one out there better than her because she is perfect for you.....every crush feels like that mate. You will crush hard on another 'perfect' girl guaranteed. Just don't let this girl destroy your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest