The Student Room Group

No motivation for A2 exams - HELP!

I've got A2 exams in less than a month and I haven't even started revision yet. I basically wasted the entire easter holiday and I'm still procrastinating. Please can someone make me revise!!!

I've got a university offer, which I think is quite manageable to meet considering I got quite high UMS for AS last year, which is making me lazy and put off revision... I just don't care about anything - I'm so tired and I've had enough of school! :frown:

Please can someone just scream at me and tell me to revise!! Have I left it too late? I'm doing 4 A2s, is there enough time for me to get good enough grades?
Reply 1
What grades do you need? I am in the same position as you hahaha
You can't always rely on feeling "motivated". You must work hard regardless of how you are feeling
Reply 3
Original post by _Aisha_
What grades do you need? I am in the same position as you hahaha

A*AAA....
Reply 4
Original post by anonwinner
You can't always rely on feeling "motivated". You must work hard regardless of how you are feeling

I know that but I can't make myself work!! :frown: I just keep on getting distracted or bored and I just can't make myself even start revision.
Original post by Vegan_
I know that but I can't make myself work!! :frown: I just keep on getting distracted or bored and I just can't make myself even start revision.

Do past papers and use those to focus your revision.

Just think - most of the stuff you can forget after the exam - it's the last time you'll need to look at some of those books!
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Do past papers and use those to focus your revision.

Just think - most of the stuff you can forget after the exam - it's the last time you'll need to look at some of those books!

I haven't made notes though or memorised anything so I'm not sure how I can do past papers :/

Thanks though - the last part was quite motivating!
Reply 7
Original post by Vegan_
. I just don't care about anything - I'm so tired and I've had enough of school! :frown:

Original post by Vegan_

Me neither. I feel exactly the same + desperately need some motivation too; let's do it together..? :frown:

Well, I can keep track of you if you want, I'll prompt you everyday up until our exams/you can report back everyday to me with how much you managed to do + that might encourage/motivate you to study?
Reply 8
Original post by Anon_98
Me neither. I feel exactly the same + desperately need some motivation too; let's do it together..? :frown:

Well, I can keep track of you if you want, I'll prompt you everyday up until our exams/you can report back everyday to me with how much you managed to do + that might encourage/motivate you to study?

Sure! Are you in Year 13 too?
Reply 9
Original post by Vegan_
Sure! Are you in Year 13 too?

Yep, I am. ^-^

Edit: I'll PM you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anon_98
Yep, I am. ^-^

And all this time I thought you were year 12! Lol :redface:

OP it's okay, you're not alone. I have been dragging coursework on my back for weeks because I just had such a rough time getting motivated....it happens.
Reply 11
Original post by Anon_98
Yep, I am. ^-^

OK :smile: I'll tell you off if you don't revise! Tell me off too if I start procrastinating...
Original post by Vegan_
OK :smile: I'll tell you off if you don't revise! Tell me off too if I start procrastinating...

Perfect. :'33

Tysm + of course I will. We can do this. :five: <3
Reply 13
I'm in the exact same position. The only way I'm somehow managing is by forcing myself to complete past papers.
Original post by Vegan_
I haven't made notes though or memorised anything so I'm not sure how I can do past papers :/

Thanks though - the last part was quite motivating!

I'd really recommend trying past papers - then you'll know what you NEED to revise - some stuff will be remembered. Past papers are 'active revision' - most people find making notes pretty boring as it can be passive.

Quick Reply

Latest