The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Relationships in school are so stupid, honestly how long does it last? A week, and you don't even look at each other? lmao I think if you are prioritising having sex/getting into relationships while doing your GCSEs/A Levels you need to get your priorities straight.

I seriously hope I'm not gonna be pushed into things like this once I go to sixth form, because I just think it's so dumb.
You youngens are so switched on with your fancy <insert>sexuals. I thought I was clever knowing what heterosexual meant when I was a whipper snapper :indiff:
Reply 62
I'm crushingly shy to the point I can barely even look in someone's general direction if I don't know them, not attractive or funny or interesting to make up for it and even the shred of intrigue I might have I can't show because I'm too shy...
Why are you applying your own experiences/circumstances objectively? To assume that opposite sex friends have an ulterior interest is silly because you're just separating genders.

Yes, in some cases friends will become boyfriends/girlfriends but your logic in stating your surprise that 'even male friends' haven't asked their friend out is questionable.
They'll be upset for a bit but they'll get over it and move on to find someone else.

Original post by Rhythmical
Relatable. When us Asians find someone, it has to be straight to marriage and for life.

Lmao exactly XD
I'm 20 and have never had a girlfriend :colondollar:
Original post by romansholiday
Relationships in school are so stupid, honestly how long does it last? A week, and you don't even look at each other? lmao I think if you are prioritising having sex/getting into relationships while doing your GCSEs/A Levels you need to get your priorities straight.

I seriously hope I'm not gonna be pushed into things like this once I go to sixth form, because I just think it's so dumb.

GCSE's are easy to the point of being boring though. Why not spice everything up if you could?

Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Why are you applying your own experiences/circumstances objectively? To assume that opposite sex friends have an ulterior interest is silly because you're just separating genders.

Yes, in some cases friends will become boyfriends/girlfriends but your logic in stating your surprise that 'even male friends' haven't asked their friend out is questionable.

Male nature is what it is.
Original post by ravioliyears
They'll be upset for a bit but they'll get over it and move on to find someone else.

Lmao exactly XD

I just have no idea how to approach a guy. Like if you meet someone you like, do you plan the wedding? My best bet is shaadi.com lol
Original post by John55
I'm crushingly shy to the point I can barely even look in someone's general direction if I don't know them, not attractive or funny or interesting to make up for it and even the shred of intrigue I might have I can't show because I'm too shy...

Then you need confidence I presume
Kids and their priorities these days. There's more to life
Original post by ravioliyears

Lmao exactly XD

Urgh. Except then they get a bit of an obsession on you and think 'you're cheating' when you flirt with other guys lol
Reply 71
Never had a crush on someone enough to warrant doing anything about it. I'm also crazy busy. I'm asexual so the odds of me finding someone that I like enough to want to date, they like me back and that person doesn't mind it never going beyond kissing, cuddling and handholding are so low that I may as well forget all about it.

I don't really care about having romantic relationships anyway. I'm perfectly happy alone. I can have kids as a single woman, so there isn't really any material advantage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexschmalex
Kids and their priorities these days. There's more to life

I'm actually not bothered about having a boyfriend personally; I could get one anytime I wanted; I'm talking about all these people on TSR anon who whine about it :toofunny:
Why haven't my male friends asked me out? Help please, are they not subject to true 'male nature'???
Reply 74
I've come to the conclusion that my only chance is drugs...
I can't deal with the "drama" of being in a "relationship". I literally don't have time for that bs.
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Why haven't my male friends asked me out? Help please, are they not subject to true 'male nature'???

Must not be attractive enough to them
I don't talk to anyone; it's pretty difficult to have an SO without talking to anyone.
Original post by John55
I've come to the conclusion that my only chance is drugs...

Aww don't say that. Anyone can become attractive with enough confidence behind them

Original post by romansholiday
I can't deal with the "drama" of being in a "relationship". I literally don't have time for that bs.

Depends how high maintenance your guy is
Not pretty enough :dontknow:

Didn't hurt me in the end, ended up getting a law degree, getting a great boyfriend at uni (4.5 years now) and I'm going to Disney next month.

Pretty sure I survived not having "boyfriend" at 15. I was definitely not emotionally mature for one. (Still not but he's as silly as me).

Also having a boyfriend at the age was definitely not the norm at my school and my friends at the local schools didn't really have boyfriends just people they pulled.

Who needs the drama. So anyone who reads the OPs post and is worrying, ignore it, it's clearly inflammatory.

Latest

Trending

Trending