The Student Room Group

The benefits of celibacy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
It's just a typo. Geesh. Why are you so hostile?

why can't you answer my question? some people choose to be celibate. why is that a bad thing?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sherlockfan
It's not irrelevant. if the entire human population was gay, we would die out. if everyone was celibate, we would also die out. but that doesn't mean that homosexuality or celibacy is bad.

it's one thing to insult me, but why are you so bitter and insulting towards the person who wrote that blog? she is trying to build her life back together. I suppose it's because ignorant people like yourself are frightened of others who don't live like them :rolleyes:

I never said either being gay or celibate was bad. I just think your example of why going celibate is good is stupid.

I never insulted you, but you just insulted me. Funny how your argument has so little credibility that rather than arguing against the points I made you go straight for "ignorant", "frightened" and "bitter".

She has made bed decision after bad decision and that was not because she was having sex, that is simply because she made bad decisions.
why can't you answer my question? some people choose to be celibate. why is that a bad thing?

What did you accomplish today?
I went outside once and plunged into an exposed manhole, breaking both my legs in the process. I no longer leave the house, and haven't broken so much as a nail since: co-incidence?!

Stop being such an unutterable sophist.
Original post by DiddyDec
I never said either being gay or celibate was bad. I just think your example of why going celibate is good is stupid.

I never insulted you, but you just insulted me. Funny how your argument has so little credibility that rather than arguing against the points I made you go straight for "ignorant", "frightened" and "bitter".

She has made bed decision after bad decision and that was not because she was having sex, that is simply because she made bad decisions.

Having sex and forming attachments with different men made her make bad decisions. I think it's absolutely right that she chooses to abstain for a while. and you are ignorant, frightened and bitter. why else would you choose to call a complete stranger a moron?
if you dont think celibacy is a bad thing why are you attacking me?
Original post by Profesh
I went outside once and plunged into an exposed manhole, breaking both my legs in the process. I no longer leave the house, and haven't broken so much as a nail since: co-incidence?!

Stop being such an unutterable sophist.

Profesh :smile:
Original post by VeniViciVidi
What did you accomplish today?

answer the question or leave the thread.
answer the question or leave the thread.

I'm so confused. I asked the question, surely you should answer?
Profesh :smile:

Like you, I came (back).
I'm so confused. I asked the question, surely you should answer?

some people choose to be celibate. why is that a bad thing?
Original post by Profesh
Like you, I came (back).

I have given you my rep.

For the first time I came.

Back.
Having sex and forming attachments with different men made her make bad decisions. I think it's absolutely right that she chooses to abstain for a while. and you are ignorant, frightened and bitter. why else would you choose to call a complete stranger a moron?
if you dont think celibacy is a bad thing why are you attacking me?

So all her problems are because of other people, not her own stupid choices?

See there you go again attacking me and not my argument further showing that you don't actually have an argument. She is a complete moron for gambling all her money away. Do you think that a smart person would gamble all of their money?

I haven't attacked you. I have attacked the example you gave to why it is good. Stop trying to play the victim, if you didn't want to have your views challenged then you shouldn't have posted this thread.
So all her problems are because of other people, not her own stupid choices?

See there you go again attacking me and not my argument further showing that you don't actually have an argument. She is a complete moron for gambling all her money away. Do you think that a smart person would gamble all of their money?

I haven't attacked you. I have attacked the example you gave to why it is good. Stop trying to play the victim, if you didn't want to have your views challenged then you shouldn't have posted this thread.

Did I say that?
She made some mistakes that everyone could make and learnt from them. Just because you think it's stupid, doesn't make it so. And don't judge people so harshly because one day you'll do something stupid and someone will be laughing at you.
There's nothing bad about it. At all. It is just mad c*nts like you that make a sing and dance about it for your self-seeking attention. It is sad.

Reported.
reported.

drop

the

mic
Did I say that?
She made some mistakes that everyone could make and learnt from them. Just because you think it's stupid, doesn't make it so. And don't judge people so harshly because one day you'll do something stupid and someone will be laughing at you.

Yes you did say that. Having sex and relationships "made" her make bad decisions. "Made" is synonymous with forced. So you are saying that she had no choice in the bad choices.

Having sex and forming attachments with different men made her make bad decisions.

Do you think that gambling all your money is a smart or stupid idea?

I have already made plenty of bad decisions in my life, but I don't blame others for them, I only have myself to blame.
Yes you did say that. Having sex and relationships "made" her make bad decisions. "Made" is synonymous with forced. So you are saying that she had no choice in the bad choices.

Do you think that gambling all your money is a smart or stupid idea?

I have already made plenty of bad decisions in my life, but I don't blame others for them, I only have myself to blame.

now you're just twisting my meaning. maybe go to bed and re read my post in the morning eh? :rolleyes:
now you're just twisting my meaning. maybe go to bed and re read my post in the morning eh? :rolleyes:

I haven't twisted anything, I have taken a direct quote from you and now you won't even defend the statement you made. Why is that?

Is gambling all of your money a smart or stupid idea? Are you unable to answer such a simple question?
I haven't twisted anything, I have taken a direct quote from you and now you won't even defend the statement you made. Why is that?

Is gambling all of your money a smart or stupid idea? Are you unable to answer such a simple question?

you interpret what I say in the way that it suits you. her recklessness lead to her making bad decisions. dont try to make it sound like something it isn't. and dont bother me with such patronising questions.
(edited 7 years ago)
her recklessness lead to her making bad decisions. dont try to make it sound like something it isn't. and dont bother me with such patronising questions.

So it wasn't the sex and relationships then, it was her recklessness. You are the one that said it was her sex and relationships that forced her to make bad decisions, not I.

You said that just because I said something was stupid does not make it so. However you have made it quite clear with your lack of answering the question that I was indeed correct with my opinion.

So what are the benefits of celibacy, not making bad decisions?

Quick Reply

Latest