The Student Room Group

Female Londoners on TSR: How safe do you feel travelling around London on your own?

--
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't think I feel unsafe, although I have experienced assault and harassment on the tube and bus.

Also your implication that this is to do with multiculturalism has pissed me off; the worst instances of assault were done by white, British men.
[video="youtube;czLQoG01PFs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLQoG01PFs[/video]
Pretty safe tbh. Though if I'm coming home very late then usually my dad or brother will meet me at the station as its a bit dodgy around my area late at night.

Feel perfectly safe on transport though and would definitely use the night tube alone.
After a few bad experiences, sad to say I don't feel safe anymore. :emo:
Reply 5
Certain areas of London which I travel to make me feel unsafe.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
You won't ask this question of a man, would you?

Asking men doesn't play into his thinly veiled (pun not intended) agenda of demonising muh evil immigrants assaulting women, because it doesn't cause the same emotional response.
Nah London is cool. I live in inner London, and I have had some close encounters with danger, but thankfully it never escalated and nothing ever happened.

But I have family members that have been jumped and their phones stolen, so it is always good to be cautious and to stay on your P&Qs.
safe, anything that has happen in London can happen anywhere too.
Original post by RivalPlayer
This isn't about immigrants.

Asking men doesn't play into his thinly veiled (pun not intended) agenda of demonising muh evil ethnic minorities assaulting women, because it doesn't cause the same emotional response.

Fixed
Reply 10
Don't think London is the most dangerous city. Some ghastly suburbs of Manchester or Bradford are scarier.
Anyone is capable of assaulting a woman. Ethnicity has little to do with it. So why don't you stop polluting the thread with fake outrage posts.

Mate, no one's stupid here. You deliberately bought up multiculturalism when it wasn't needed. Your post history is filled with race baiting and you complaining about about other races. You are implying ethnicity, or ethnic culture more specifically, has something to do with it. Why don't you stop polluting TSR with your passive aggressive race baiting?
Depends on the part of London. I feel safe walking around at 3am on my own in South Kensington. Wouldn't feel the same in Peckham.
Reply 13
I've never felt unsafe in London. My fav part is taking a double decker, they're always so friendly. Here's a pic of future doctors and engineers heading down to the local library.

I've never felt unsafe tbh. I've been scared but that was mostly out of paranoia and walking in the wrong place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Erebor
I've never felt unsafe in London. My fav part is taking a double decker, they're always so friendly. Here's a pic of future doctors and engineers heading down to the local library.

😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you feel like that purely based on Peckham's infamous reputation or because you've had a bad experience in that part of London?

Half and half, not a bad experience but you can generally tell when a place feels 'safe'. The more affluent the more safe in general.
x

WHY IS THIS QUESTION ADDRESSED TO FEMALES WHY NOT INCLUDE MALES TOO.

wat is this low key gender discrimination. the remaining 50% of the population ALSO suffers this exact problem in London.

****ing social justice warrior gone sexual in the hood pranks.

btw cup your pms are full, couldnt send u the long ass replies i wrote down rip + i g2g anyways
(edited 8 years ago)
tagging u again so u see this (message above)

Spoiler

What have your experiences been like travelling around the vibrant multicultural metropolis on your own?
Do you generally feel safe being out and about on your own during the day, evening and night?

How do you feel when you're alone on public transport in London? Perhaps you avoid using particular forms of transport e.g. Uber and its squad of recently-arrived immigrant drivers?

Do you see your solo-self travelling on the "Night Tube" late at night when it's finally introduced later this year?

Share your thoughts.

I haven't been bothered to go out at night as my friends are day people - my area is relatively safe and very friendly so I wouldn't mind going out at night

When I'm alone, I feel normal I guess - plus my area doesn't have that much immigrants to be honest.

I can actually imagine myself solo-self travelling on the Night Tube - getting high by listening to Kendrick Lamar and J Cole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending