The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

'That doesn't mean a friendship is impossible; the latest study didn't specifically examine whether these misunderstood signals actually got in the way of friendships'

Do try to read the sources you use as 'evidence'. It clearly is possible for a male and female to be just friends. And in this case anecdotal evidence is valid. If you make a generalised claim regarding something, and this claim is inapplicable in a lot of cases, then that weakens the validity of the claim.
Oh and those studies can hardly be called scientific. It's clear none of them went through the rigorous scientific method process(repetition of study on larger scale, peer review etc..). I could go out and conduct a bs study but that wouldn't make it scientific

If you seriously believe that then you have a very narrow view of the world
Easily. Especially if you are a guy. Then again I didn't manage to get that far and I am a social moron.
Some people just aren't interested in relationships,
Hit and quit
Beat and delete
Cum and make the Uber come etc
Because:

-I've not met anyone worth more time than a friend would recieve and a rift with my family.

-Practically all the guys I know are so different in terms of their interests.

-I'm not desperate enough to say yes to the first guy who asks me out.

-I'm a nerd + ugly
Original post by Jacktheslipper
Some people just aren't interested in relationships,
Hit and quit
Beat and delete
Cum and make the Uber come etc

Lmfao
Reasons:

-Not emotionally ready.

-Confused about sexuality.

-Focused on school and hobbies.

-Didn't want to have to commit to anyone or anything.

I'm 20 now and feel like at a much better place to get into a relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most people could 'get one' but some people don't really want one and if they do only want ones that they're really happy with. It's more often a choice than the forever alone issue.
Because:
a) I went an all girls school up until sixth form. Selection of boys from the local school was very limited
b) I went to a sixth form which was very cliquey. I was in the middleish (nearer to the bottom than the top) of the social hierarchy. An unspoken rule was that guys weren't 'allowed' to date girls below them socially. So even though I got quite a few comments about guys finding me attractive, they could never go out with me :lol:
c) (probably the biggest reason of all) - I was very insecure throughout my school years. Because I didn't like myself and I didn't like how I looked, I didn't believe that other people could like me XD
Reply 189
because I a guy with internet a laptop some lotion and thankfully a hand that hasnt been cut of like Jamie Lannister

Spoiler

I went to an all-girls secondary and 6th form and the 'local' boys school was miles away. It was also a Catholic school so we didn't even have contact with boys on trips or visit mixed schools. We actually went on religious retreats to - I forget what it's termed - this place full of nuns. Wild times. I'm not even religious but I got in on academic achievement.

Anyyyyyhow, I got a BF aged 16 who I met at a university open day. He turned out to be a total tool. A year later, still at Catholic school, I met my next BF on Myspace (those were the days hahahah).
So, even in the strictest environment it can be achieved lol - and I was really shy too.
y'all out here like why are you single?
and muslims out here trying to remain single.
Original post by Guls
because I a guy with internet a laptop some lotion and thankfully a hand that hasnt been cut of like Jamie Lannister

Spoiler

cause a laptop and lotion is SO much better than the real thing isn't it.

Spoiler

Original post by dairychocolate
Go out and lose your virginity, then see if you still feel the same way.

Never having been in a serious relationship =/= virgin. :wink:
I'm 18 and haven't had a boyfriend. I've been asked out before, but said no, because what is the point in dating someone for the sake of dating when there is no chemistry between us? I watched a lot of my friends in school date people for the sake of saying they had a boyfriend and some of us just don't want that.
Reply 195
Original post by Anonymous
cause a laptop and lotion is SO much better than the real thing isn't it.

Spoiler

loooooooooooooooooooooooool. you are my new bestfriend.

Spoiler

Some people have standards. Whereas some people take the attitiude that anyone who will go out with me will do (probably your case if you were a total dork at 15). Whereas some would rather wait until they actually meet someone worthwhile.

That's what I did anyway. I'm glad I waited until I met someone actually decent and suitable, rather than cling on to the first person that came my way like some people do.
Reply 197
Original post by acupofgreentea
Never having been in a serious relationship =/= virgin. :wink:

hay excuse me sister but may I ask you what you profile picture is trying to portray?
Original post by Guls
hay excuse me sister but may I ask you what you profile picture is trying to portray?

Assuming this is a legitimate question, it's indicating that I will be voting to remain in the EU come Referendum time. :yep:
Reply 199
Original post by acupofgreentea
Assuming this is a legitimate question, it's indicating that I will be voting to remain in the EU come Referendum time. :yep:

I appreciate you seriousness and thank you. How do I change my picture. is it is in the usual place?

Latest

Trending

Trending