The Student Room Group

Exam Techniques?

So I am doing triple science this year for biology and chemistry, (physics next year) and I was wondering if anyone has any really good tips and techniques for revising? Also I was told I would have 3 exams on the same day due to the choice of different exam boards. One of them is C1 and the other two are R.S (A level). I've obviously never had this happen to me before and I'm dreading this day because I feel like I would forget everything due to nerves, stress, anxiety etc. So does anyone have any tips for this? We do get a 15 minute break between each exam but I don't think I'd be able to take much information in then. I'm also really bad at R.S A level, I've practically been failing this subject the whole year but I do not want to mainly focus on this as I don't want to fail C1-_-

Please share any tips/ techniques/ ways of how you revised/helpful websites, books, videos etc. in order to help me x Thank you :smile:

NOTE: science exam board - EDEXCEL
religious studies (R.S) A level - AQA
Original post by ft.xo
So I am doing triple science this year for biology and chemistry, (physics next year) and I was wondering if anyone has any really good tips and techniques for revising? Also I was told I would have 3 exams on the same day due to the choice of different exam boards. One of them is C1 and the other two are R.S (A level). I've obviously never had this happen to me before and I'm dreading this day because I feel like I would forget everything due to nerves, stress, anxiety etc. So does anyone have any tips for this? We do get a 15 minute break between each exam but I don't think I'd be able to take much information in then. I'm also really bad at R.S A level, I've practically been failing this subject the whole year but I do not want to mainly focus on this as I don't want to fail C1-_-

Please share any tips/ techniques/ ways of how you revised/helpful websites, books, videos etc. in order to help me x Thank you :smile:

NOTE: science exam board - EDEXCEL
religious studies (R.S) A level - AQA

Past papers are ESSENTIAL for science revision as they often recycle questions and also it's a good opportunity to learn the mark scheme!

On the day when you have 3 exams, I wouldn't recommend trying to take in even more info in your breaks, just make sure you're prepared in advance. Use these 15 min breaks to collect yourself, have a drink/snack etc.

For R.E make notes of religious quotes and for and against arguments (that's what I do for GCSE Edexcel R.E).

Good luck! What grades are you hoping for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I noticed you had 3 exams on the same day and I am in exactly the same situation (my 3 exams total 6 hours). My plan is to just take a lot of coffee so I don't die but I am equally freaking out about not having time to "get into the zone" especially since all my exams contain a lot of figures and case studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey,
I currently study A-level R.S and its actually my favourite subject. What helped me was getting my head round the structure of the course for example the different units and the that helps you revise. revise a unit at a time; I quite like mind maps, I read somewhere that you're brain responds better to curvy lines! Do all you're preparation before the exam and use that 15 mins in between to de-stress. either sitting on your own or maybe talking to your friends whichever works for you.

when revising have a plan! but also make sure you have some down time like trying a new activity just for like twice a week; e.g Yoga

hope that helped!
Reply 4
Original post by lilacpotato
Past papers are ESSENTIAL for science revision as they often recycle questions and also it's a good opportunity to learn the mark scheme!

On the day when you have 3 exams, I wouldn't recommend trying to take in even more info in your breaks, just make sure you're prepared in advance. Use these 15 min breaks to collect yourself, have a drink/snack etc.

For R.E make notes of religious quotes and for and against arguments (that's what I do for GCSE Edexcel R.E).

Good luck! What grades are you hoping for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank youuuu! Good Luck to you too! :smile: And yes I've been looking at a couple of past papers which have helped my knowledge.
And the grades I am hoping for are:
B1 - B/A
B2 - C/B
B3 - B/A
C1 - B/A
C2 - B/A
C3 - B/A
R.S - C/B
I'm trying to not hope for higher grades because I will probably be let down on results day lol. B2 is a C/B as I have no idea what my teacher says throughout the lessons. I only have her once a week and she talks way too fast so I don't really learn anything :/ For R.S I will be lucky to get a B as it's probably one of my weakest subjects. I was good at R.S gcse but A-level is too hard for me.
Reply 5
Original post by studyblr_mr
I noticed you had 3 exams on the same day and I am in exactly the same situation (my 3 exams total 6 hours). My plan is to just take a lot of coffee so I don't die but I am equally freaking out about not having time to "get into the zone" especially since all my exams contain a lot of figures and case studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh same! What exams are you taking? and Good Luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jasmineyoung
hey,
I currently study A-level R.S and its actually my favourite subject. What helped me was getting my head round the structure of the course for example the different units and the that helps you revise. revise a unit at a time; I quite like mind maps, I read somewhere that you're brain responds better to curvy lines! Do all you're preparation before the exam and use that 15 mins in between to de-stress. either sitting on your own or maybe talking to your friends whichever works for you.

when revising have a plan! but also make sure you have some down time like trying a new activity just for like twice a week; e.g Yoga

hope that helped!

Thank you so much!! Yes it did help and are you doing the exam this year? What units will you be doing?
Original post by ft.xo
Ugh same! What exams are you taking? and Good Luck :smile:

I have German, Geography and Politics on the same day. I also do History but thankfully it isn't on the same day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest