The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology A2 Scientific Article June 2016

Factory of Life

Feel free to discuss possible questions. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you mean the "Aspects of Aging and Disease" article?
Original post by petraaa
Factory of Life

Feel free to discuss possible questions. :smile:

Do you have a link to the article, as I am an external student??

I would really appreciate it.
Reply 4
Original post by beheiry
Do you mean the "Aspects of Aging and Disease" article?

I believe Aspects of Aging is the IAL June 2016 article, not regular GCE.
Gene expression comes up so much
Hey Guys! I am also doing the IAL Unit 5 Bio Edexcel. Does anybody know what "Hypoxic Insult" is? I am quoting line 2 of paragraph 4 of the article.Thanks.:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Hey Guys! I am also doing the IAL Unit 5 Bio Edexcel. Does anybody know what "Hypoxic Insult" is? I am quoting line 2 of paragraph 4 of the article.Thanks.:smile:

Hypoxic insult means being subjected to low oxygen levels, therefore ability of mitochondria to survive low oxygen levels reduces
Reply 8
Hypoxic insult means being subjected to low oxygen levels, therefore ability of mitochondria to survive low oxygen levels reduces
Reply 9
Hey guys! We have been discussing the unit 5 article in class and we are all stuck at line 6 of paragraph 18, where they talk about "mysosome-like structure". Does anyone know what a mysosome is? Thank you!
Original post by Mistry07

Thank you so much!
Original post by salsingh
Hey guys! We have been discussing the unit 5 article in class and we are all stuck at line 6 of paragraph 18, where they talk about "mysosome-like structure". Does anyone know what a mysosome is? Thank you!

I tried to search mysosome on google but the only reults that came up was "lysosome". I don't know what to do. :angry:
I tried to search mysosome on google but the only reults that came up was "lysosome". I don't know what to do. :angry:

Same..even our teacher doesn't know!
Reply 13
I'd hazard a guess that its a typo, given that M and L are so close together on a keyboard. Literally nothing comes up when you search 'mysosome'.
Original post by .JC.
I'd hazard a guess that its a typo, given that M and L are so close together on a keyboard. Literally nothing comes up when you search 'mysosome'.

I checked the original soft copy of the book this article was published from and it is a "LYSOSOME". Stupid Edexcel. :angry:
Reply 15
I checked the original soft copy of the book this article was published from and it is a "LYSOSOME". Stupid Edexcel. :angry:

Wow, it's not the first time I've seen typos and spelling mistakes in their material (mark schemes) but that's a little more serious.

That's the type of thing which could feature in a question on the paper. Might email them and see if they change it.

Thank you very much. It's funny how they easily make such mistakes and don't even correct it.
Original post by .JC.
Wow, it's not the first time I've seen typos and spelling mistakes in their material (mark schemes) but that's a little more serious.

That's the type of thing which could feature in a question on the paper. Might email them and see if they change it.

You should email them. Make them realize that they are not always correct. :unimpressed:
Original post by salsingh
Thank you very much. It's funny how they easily make such mistakes and don't even correct it.

Your welcome. :u:
It's all about genetic engineering. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending