The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gosh, you're a really arrogant person aren't you?

Even I managed to get a girlfriend before 18, so why can't everyone else?

You can get A*s in some subjects with hardly any effort. Everyone can, can't they?

I'm sure this insulting arrogance is caused by severe insecurities in other areas. It's really quite sad.
Original post by Guls
I appreciate you seriousness and thank you. How do I change my picture. is it is in the usual place?

I appreciate the fact it was a serious question. Given we're on TSR, I thought it was entirely possible you were asking it to be snarky. :lol:

Yeah, go to the usual place where you'd change your avatar and click the dropbox and you should see "EU Referendum" as a catorgery. Click and select an avatar of your preference and you're done. :tongue:
Reply 202
Original post by acupofgreentea
I appreciate the fact it was a serious question. Given we're on TSR, I thought it was entirely possible you were asking it to be snarky. :lol:

Yeah, go to the usual place where you'd change your avatar and click the dropbox and you should see "EU Referendum" as a catorgery. Click and select an avatar of your preference and you're done. :tongue:

ohhh its a okay:hugs:. and PRSOM (First time I using this acronym)
I'm not gonna lie and say I don't want a girlfriend or dot have the time for one. Tbh I would like to have a girlfriend more than anything else on the planet, and if I could be with my crush I would be per the moon with happiness. I guess the problem is just that she doesn't seem to like me back and I'm very shy
Original post by AngryRedhead
I apologise in advance if this comes across as rude or insensitive but, barring cases where you went to a single gender secondary school, how does someone get to, like, 18 or 19 and not manage to get a boyfriend or girlfriend? I was a total dork in high school but even I managed to get a boyfriend at 15.

Easy if you're like me:

Fat, ugly, unphotogenic, no self esteem, no self confidence, no social life, few friends, no family, no relationship experience, work long hours, get very nervous about trying new things, boring personality, bags under eyes, pale skin, awful hair, can't cook, can't make people laugh, can't grow facial hair, fussy eater, awkward around new people, pessimistic, smoker/drug user, Conservative party member, needy, inferior to everyone else.

25 reasons for 25 years of being alone.
Original post by sr90
Easy if you're like me:

Fat, ugly, unphotogenic, no self esteem, no self confidence, no social life, few friends, no family, no relationship experience, work long hours, get very nervous about trying new things, boring personality, bags under eyes, pale skin, awful hair, can't cook, can't make people laugh, can't grow facial hair, fussy eater, awkward around new people, pessimistic, smoker/drug user, Conservative party member, needy, inferior to everyone else.

25 reasons for 25 years of being alone.

Becoming a tsr mod isn't an accomplishment for you? Or resonating well with the sadistic lot wrt football? Me, I just waited for my chance in life and that is why I haven't posted a lot on tsr recently. Just a thought.
Not all girls or guys are looking to get stuck asap.

The more posts of yours I read, the more I cringe.
Original post by Airmed
Demisexual, I'm not pretty, and the boys in my school didn't view me as a girl, they looked through me. I didn't exist. Meh. I was a nerd, I focused on my schoolwork instead. I had no time or interest or care for such things.I have a boyfriend now at uni but he's far too good for me. He's too bloody wonderful.Still a nerd btw, even at uni. :u:

Demisexuality sounds more efficient than the crap I go through :biggrin: I tried dating a few girls on the local camogie team and it just didn't work because some of them were feckin full of themselves and really ratty :tongue:

Original post by AngryRedhead
I apologise in advance if this comes across as rude or insensitive but, barring cases where you went to a single gender secondary school, how does someone get to, like, 18 or 19 and not manage to get a boyfriend or girlfriend? I was a total dork in high school but even I managed to get a boyfriend at 15.

I was always against dating people from school because it's such a bad idea when it almost definitely won't work out and then there's all the hassle of having to see them every five minutes among other things.

I also just couldn't be bothered. Had more important things to do.

Like GAA season.

I'm sorry, but I was pursuing a girl until about a month ago when GAA season started and I was like "No, I'm making the hurling county panel this year sorry lass - full concentration and maximum effort: you understand, right?"

I don't think she did.

Strange - her brother did a similar thing for the football county panel, I was sure she'd understand.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nucdev
If only you could convincingly do that to 'B', all your troubles would be over :rofl:

I study partner zoned him. BUT NOOOO
Original post by Rhythmical
I like Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum lol. I understand Hindi films better than Urdu ones as I don't even speak Urdu (weird for a Pakistani I know)

Lol that's the most classic Bollywood film. That and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Original post by BhagwanNoBhool
It's difficult to explain, it's like my mind goes blank, I don't know what to say and then I start over thinking when it ever gets beyond the point of just being friendly. It's only ever an issue in person too, online I'm absolutely fine :dontknow:

Understandable! Probably because they can't see you, so there's nothing really to feel shy about - you can just be you.
Original post by suzyyyyxo
Because:
a) I went an all girls school up until sixth form. Selection of boys from the local school was very limited
b) I went to a sixth form which was very cliquey. I was in the middleish (nearer to the bottom than the top) of the social hierarchy. An unspoken rule was that guys weren't 'allowed' to date girls below them socially. So even though I got quite a few comments about guys finding me attractive, they could never go out with me :lol:
c) (probably the biggest reason of all) - I was very insecure throughout my school years. Because I didn't like myself and I didn't like how I looked, I didn't believe that other people could like me XD

B sounds like some sort of wild animal society 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ravioliyears
I study partner zoned him. BUT NOOOO

Lol that's the most classic Bollywood film. That and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Understandable! Probably because they can't see you, so there's nothing really to feel shy about - you can just be you.

There are more I like but I dunno the names lol. I like Bride and Prejudice too lol.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Some people have standards. Whereas some people take the attitiude that anyone who will go out with me will do (probably your case if you were a total dork at 15). Whereas some would rather wait until they actually meet someone worthwhile.

That's what I did anyway. I'm glad I waited until I met someone actually decent and suitable, rather than cling on to the first person that came my way like some people do.

You'd be wrong :smile:
Original post by celloel
Your statement of somebody not 'managing' to get a boyfriend/girlfriend is, quite frankly, stupid - that implies the person is trying to get a relationship, which is not always the case. In fact, there are a lot of people that are not interested in relationships for a variety of reasons (can't be bothered, there isn't anybody they are interested in, etc, etc) and I have absolutely no idea why you even care.

Plus - did you really like your "boyfriend" (if you can call it that at such a young age) at 15? You used the world 'managed', which means to succeed in something despite difficult circumstances, which has connotations of you settling. Perhaps others aren't quite as desperate as you were to have some form of relationship just to 'say they had it', and are more self-assured that they don't need the validation of a boyfriend/girlfriend that you seem to need?

Lmao I'm talking about all the people here on TSR who post under anon usually something like why haven't I got a gf/bf yet, I'm 19? I'm obviously not talking the ones who don't care :rofl:

As for you calling me desperate/ or settling; not at all; he was a sweet guy and a smart guy. I was obviously mocking my own appearance kind of implying well if someone as nerdy as me can do it why can't you?
Original post by Rhythmical
There are more I like but I dunno the names lol. I like Bride and Prejudice too lol.

Lool that's a funny one :rofl:
Reply 214
I've been asked out a few times but rejected them all. It's not that I can't get a boyfriend, just don't want one yet. I'm personally not ready for a relationship.

Pffft, wouldn't be saying that if I asked you out
Original post by Anonymous
Gosh, you're a really arrogant person aren't you?

Even I managed to get a girlfriend before 18, so why can't everyone else?

You can get A*s in some subjects with hardly any effort. Everyone can, can't they?

I'm sure this insulting arrogance is caused by severe insecurities in other areas. It's really quite sad.

Okay ''anon'' thanks for the 'tip' :toofunny:
Original post by donutellme
Not all girls or guys are looking to get stuck asap.

The more posts of yours I read, the more I cringe.

:rofl:
Original post by RobML
Pffft, wouldn't be saying that if I asked you out

:colonhash:
Lool that's a funny one :rofl:

Tell me about it. I used to have a crush on the guy who played Will.
Well I'm a 17 year old male - in a mixed-sex state school - and I've not had a girlfriend, despite asking people out; nobody is at all interested, and at this point I'm presuming that'll continue throughout the years to come.

It's very easy to understand how people can get to 18 and have not had a relationship, at least for me, and OP's comments about it being incredibly simple even for the worst of people aren't exactly what I like to read about at this point.

Latest

Trending

Trending