The Student Room Group

Is Psychology A level boring?

Next year I'm hoping to do psychology, biology, English literature and Spanish.
I think psychology sounds interesting and I really want to do it but I keep hearing people say it's not how they expected and it's actually very boring. I know there's lots of case studies and statistics and stuff and that doesn't put me off, but what is it that people don't like? Will I be disappointed?
Original post by perspectives
I think psychology sounds interesting and I really want to do it but I keep hearing people say it's not how they expected and it's actually very boring. I know there's lots of case studies and statistics and stuff and that doesn't put me off, but what is it that people don't like? Will I be disappointed?

Honestly in my opinion psychology wasn't at all what I expected, I expected it to be like sociology which I did at GCSE, but it wasn't there is a whole lot of content to remember and the exams are quite packed with 12-markers being a full two sided essays, the other three subjects you have said are quite packed subjects and in my personal experience it can become a lot of work but if you are willing to put in the hours of revision and extra work you'll be fine. It is an interesting subject and you learn a lot, so I'd say if you aren't phased by the work load then you shouldn't be too disapointed
I absolutely love psychology, especially A2. The specs have changed though and it'll depend on what exam board you are doing as well as what aspects of psychology you are interested in
Original post by A-LJLB
I absolutely love psychology, especially A2. The specs have changed though and it'll depend on what exam board you are doing as well as what aspects of psychology you are interested in

The college I'm going to uses OCR :smile:
The college I'm going to uses OCR :smile:

I am doing OCR Psychology at A2 and theres alot to do, but it is really interesting so it makes up for that I guess, but since OCR has changed their psychology modules for A level, I don't know if it will be as interesting as it is now ://

In my opinion...

AS - Quite easy but mostly boring.

A2 - Very interesting but quite difficult in terms of work load.

However, this is for the old spec. I am not sure about what the new spec is like.
Original post by DeadEnd_96
In my opinion...

AS - Quite easy but mostly boring.

A2 - Very interesting but quite difficult in terms of work load.

However, this is for the old spec. I am not sure about what the new spec is like.

This.

Quick Reply

Latest