The Student Room Group

What exactly does "Whatsapp Me" mean?

I don't like receiving phone calls, so when I give out my number I am concerned that people might phone me via WhatsApp, rather than text me.

If you gave out your number/added someone on WhatsApp (to someone who is not a very close friend), would you actually expect them to call you - and would you answer anyway?
Reply 1
Dw no one is going to call you unless it's an emergency. Nobody ever calls anyone anymore tbh... at its most urgent they'll text message you.

Yeah I'd probably answer because it might be something important.
"Whatsapp me" would tend to mean send a message via Whatsapp, rather than a phone call, in my opinion.
Reply 3
11/10 Troll
Reply 4
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I don't like receiving phone calls, so when I give out my number I am concerned that people might phone me via WhatsApp, rather than text me.

If you gave out your number/added someone on WhatsApp (to someone who is not a very close friend), would you actually expect them to call you - and would you answer anyway?

Whatsapp is free and you can share videos and pictures on there so there is a reason people use it. I rarely get called on Whatsapp usually its just messages i receive. If i someone rang me and i wasnt in the mood to talk or was busy i would message and ask them is everything ok?
Reply 5
Original post by chikane
Whatsapp is free and you can share videos and pictures on there so there is a reason people use it. I rarely get called on Whatsapp usually its just messages i receive. If i someone rang me and i wasnt in the mood to talk or was busy i would message and ask them is everything ok?

Damn you're one of those people... :angry:
Original post by TheArtofProtest
You don't like receiving phone calls, yet you have a phone?

Sometimes I need to phone my mum to pick me up.
Reply 7
Original post by BWV1007
Damn you're one of those people... :angry:

I don't do it all the time if i got a call i would ring back later on but there is one person who rings and she won't stop talking so our conversation last over an hour and when i try to end it she starts a new conversation.
But would you give your phone number out to people you don't know?

Presumably not (well I don't think I would, anyway).

Therefore, why would you "WhatsApp someone"? Just add them on Snapchat instead.

Quick Reply

Latest