The Student Room Group

'Swiss army ready to act in worst case migrant scenario'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Swiss army... lmao

What army ^^

They have quite a good army actually. Switzerland is perhaps the wealthiest country in the world atm, so they can afford the best equipment and training. Moreover, since they don't play world police, they can focus on self-defense.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
True enough but I think batons, rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannons would be enough to disperse the majority.

The rest who are on their way would get the message and with any luck, flee.

I genuinely believe that they wouldn't even have the bravery to do that, the migrants will use their tactic aimed at the gullible in the West of putting children at the front, the younger and cuter the better, so that a few of them get hurt, perhaps even die, and then the weak governments would stop using force to stop them. I have no faith in Europe to stop them until its really really too late. I am starting to feel more and more resigned to the fact that Europe will fall (at least I shall be able to say "i told you so" and at the liberals in-between the deaths and destruction that is coming.)
Original post by Josb
They have quite a good army actually. Switzerland is perhaps the wealthiest country in the world atm, so they can afford the best equipment and training. Moreover, since they don't play world police, they can focus on self-defense.

Not renowned for their military strength, it's their location more than anything that is the game changer. But if the Nazis couldn't deport 6 million Jews with their ruthless, callous efficiency, then, I doubt soft touch Europe crippled with bureaucracy will ever be able to mount a reasonable response to the human tsunami that is sweeping in from Africa and the ME, let alone deal with the 50 million that have already breached.

They have rules and procedures, not Swiss nor any country in Europe will let these people be held responsible for their own actions and the Africans and Arabs know it. They will show up in our waters on sinking ships, they will show up on the Swiss border with no food or water, they are using our empathy against us. They have already won. When the tables are reversed they will be indifferent.
Original post by Josb

Per capita they are pretty rich , but they can't compete with many other countries.
trolling aside
this would never have happened if it werent for dreadful western policy of displacing leaders in these nations and replacing them with ones who favour western policy

if my country had been fuked over, i would certainly feel entitled to live in the nation that had ruined my life
i doubt they would have left their homeland in the first place if it wasnt for us
Original post by Straighthate
trolling aside
this would never have happened if it werent for dreadful western policy of displacing leaders in these nations and replacing them with ones who favour western policy

if my country had been fuked over, i would certainly feel entitled to live in the nation that had ruined my life
i doubt they would have left their homeland in the first place if it wasnt for us

and what has Switzerland involvement in the countries involved been.
Original post by pjm600
I hope I'm not alone in noticing the dehumanisation of refugees who are, just as much as we are, people.

What about the ones that rape and steal?
Original post by garfeeled
and what has Switzerland involvement in the countries involved been.

im pretty sure sweden has had some involvement in the middle east

and you are saying their involvement is such that Iraqi, Syrian and Afghan refugees have a justifiable feeling of being deserved a place in sweden or switzeland for that matter
Original post by pjm600
No they didn't, but we're obviously not talking about white christians are we?

lol ironically it's always the social justice warriors who introduce racism to everything. Case in point right here.

By the way, loads of them are white because loads of them are Albabian and Kosovan. Speaking of non-Syrians, you seem to be under the assumption that all these "refugees" are Syrians feeing war even though it's been shown that the majority of this lot aren't Syrian at all. That people know this fact but still support the floodgates being open is reckless at best, utterly insane at worst.

Also, you mentioned Christians. Syrian Christians actually have -along with other religious minorities in Syria and other places - have the best claim to asylum because they get badly discriminated against now since Assad oppressed the majority into having tolerate them. Interestingly, Nigel Farage called for these people to get asylum here before it became fashionable to back the migrants' cause. It's a funny irony it might now be the case that we are accepting these people who are fleeing abuse for their religion.....and also accepting the ones abusing them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pjm600
I hope I'm not alone in noticing the dehumanisation of refugees who are, just as much as we are, people.

Hitler was a person, it doesn't make you good. They are deliberately breaking the law. They are not running from a war zone anymore, as Syria has been left way behind, they've gone through Turkey,Greece etc and shouldn't be allowed to go any further. According to the german constitution at least, they should be killed, but I think that's a bit harsh, they should at least be arrested and then deported.

Indeed, if you count attempting to turn your own country into the Middle-East.....
trolling aside

lol Nice defence of genocidal dictators there, Pal.

By the way, can you please explain precisely how the west caused the Syrian conflict. Given that it was caused by Assad, sectarianism, more Assad, unemployment, more Assad, protests turning into massacres by Assad and then escalated by Saudi and Iraqi sectarian backing, then Assad bombing his own people and now Russia doing a sterling job of trying to bomb everyone in Syria EXCEPT FOR ISIS, then Assad buying ISIS's oil......you might struggle.

But that doesn't fit into your view that everything bad in the world is caused by the west, even though sectarianism has been a defining feature of the region for about 1200 years now. Some people do horrific things and cause conflicts without our intervention. It's not always all about you, you know.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending