The Student Room Group

Everyone is growing up so fast!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
OMG LIGHT UP SHOES! Omg those magazines!

Do you remember those other shoes with the toys inside?? I had those when I was 11.

The world really has changed! :redface:

I loved them shoes! I can't even begin to imagine an 11yr old wearing them now though. They're too busy posting 'Like if you would date me' pictures on instagram.
My friends would have laughed at me if I suggested we played with dolls when we were 11
Original post by Zuki
Now it seems that babies learn to walk then pick up a playstation controller and make a facebook account
The image :lol:
Reply 43
I know I'm not alone in thinking this, but I find it a little odd.

My brother just turned 12 on wednesday and he is in year 7 and he seems so much older than he is, I talk to him as if I were talking to somebody my age.

I remember when I was in year 7 and although I was a very sensible and mature child, I remember inviting my friend over at the beginning of the year and playing with our dolls in my garden. I was 11 then, now a days for an 11 year old to do that seems a little odd.

I suppose it's the advancement in technology but can anyone relate?

Lies! I'm 21 and I'm still far from grown up, lol.
Original post by Little Popcorns
My friends would have laughed at me if I suggested we played with dolls when we were 11

What were you doing at that age? :beard:
Original post by Little Popcorns

Really?

I actually think I remember myself being slightly embarrassed that I still played with dolls at that age, now that I look back I think it's cute lol. So innocent and unaware of how I was going to mature in the following years....:tongue:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
What were you doing at that age? :beard:
:lolwut: okay creep...

Playing out, on scooters bikes etc and making games but not dolls. Dolls would have been too symbolic of babyhood and we'd be all 'Err excuse me dolls? I wear a sports bra so know yourself'
Really?

I actually think I remember myself being slightly embarrassed that I still played with dolls at that age, now that I look back I think it's cute lol. So innocent and unaware of how I was going to mature in the following years....:tongue:
Feel the same I kinda wish I did something like that that I could forgive myself for now but I spent so much time trying to prove how grown up I was...

brb gonna go buy a baby doll :cry:

Quick Reply

Latest