The Student Room Group

4 1/2 hours left ! Should I pull test forward ?

Hi guys
Well I have 4 1/2 hours left of my booking block lessons and a test booked for 17th of may but by next Saturday I will only have 2 hours left x I seem to be doing ok and have done all the manoeuvres some better then others lol I still hesitate slightly sometimes at roundabouts and junctions but not terribly x anyway should I pull my test forward or fork out for more lessons ? I have done 35 by the time these lessons are done and have had loads on practice in my car that my dad bought me. I'm nervous about asking my instructor in case she laughs and says no your really not ready you need more lessons lol
Original post by Alwainwright
Hi guys
Well I have 4 1/2 hours left of my booking block lessons and a test booked for 17th of may but by next Saturday I will only have 2 hours left x I seem to be doing ok and have done all the manoeuvres some better then others lol I still hesitate slightly sometimes at roundabouts and junctions but not terribly x anyway should I pull my test forward or fork out for more lessons ? I have done 35 by the time these lessons are done and have had loads on practice in my car that my dad bought me. I'm nervous about asking my instructor in case she laughs and says no your really not ready you need more lessons lol

It really is worth asking your instructor whether she thinks you're ready or not... But remember, it's unlikely there'll be many test slots available before that time, and so if you cancel, and can't get one earlier, it could be an even longer wait... I'd personally not bring it forward - use the time to practice as much as you can with your parents maybe, if possible, or even so you don't have to buy a block of lessons, ask your instructor if you can pay her directly with cash, on a per lesson basis...
Hi guys

I agree with the person above! My test is on the 13th May, and I have also completed my block booking (so I know how you're feeling). I'd probably just keep practising until your test, especially as you have a car to use.
Ok quick update, spoke to my driving instructor this morning and she wants me to book 15 hour block in the run up to my test 17th may ! I feel this is a lot ! I also spoke to her about doing the test in my own car as I feel more confident and she just dismissed it and said but her car is newer and better ! I can't afford that much money and to be honest I'm a bit dubious about it all now as my husband and dad and friend all say I'm ready ?
Ok quick update, spoke to my driving instructor this morning and she wants me to book 15 hour block in the run up to my test 17th may ! I feel this is a lot ! I also spoke to her about doing the test in my own car as I feel more confident and she just dismissed it and said but her car is newer and better ! I can't afford that much money and to be honest I'm a bit dubious about it all now as my husband and dad and friend all say I'm ready ?

15 hours does sound excessive! My test is on the 13th May and my instructor recommended that I book 6 hours and then if I want more lessons we could go from there. If you feel more comfortable in your own car then I'd recommend taking the test in your car, but obviously make sure that it meets the test requirements. Maybe finish off the hours that you have with her, and then use all the time up until your test date, practising in your own car with you family and friends :smile:. Considering you have the test booked, it must mean that you are at test standard so you should be fine with private practice!
Original post by Bubble_10
15 hours does sound excessive! My test is on the 13th May and my instructor recommended that I book 6 hours and then if I want more lessons we could go from there. If you feel more comfortable in your own car then I'd recommend taking the test in your car, but obviously make sure that it meets the test requirements. Maybe finish off the hours that you have with her, and then use all the time up until your test date, practising in your own car with you family and friends :smile:. Considering you have the test booked, it must mean that you are at test standard so you should be fine with private practice!

Thanks for the reply I think that's what I'm going to do x should I tell her ? Or just finish my hours with her and say I will be in contact ? It's hard because I'm such a people pleaser Loki don't want to make the wrong decisions lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending