The Student Room Group

The benefits of celibacy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherlockfan
I don't mind you asking. I'm going to be celibate for life. I think this is the right thing for me.

Cool, that's fine. Even if you got married? So I'm guessing you would be looking for a partner who is celibate too? :smile:
Original post by Cherry82
Cool, that's fine. Even if you got married? So I'm guessing you would be looking for a partner who is celibate too? :smile:

No I'll never get married or have a partner.
No I'll never get married or have a partner.

Aw, if that's what you truly want that's fine but you never know what the future may hold. You may find this amazing person who loves you so much and means well. If you ever find this, please don't let it go x I don't know if this is you but have you experienced a bad heart break before which led to this decision?
(edited 7 years ago)
Aw, if that's what you truly want that's fine but you never know what the future may hold. You may find this amazing person who loves you so much and means well. If you ever find this, please don't let it go x I don't know if this is you but have you experienced a bad heart break before which led to this decision?

It is what I want. I have had my heart broken too often so I'm not going to fall for the same mistakes. That doesn't make it a bad decision though, it's just learning from experience, and for me attaching myself to other people in that way is unhealthy.
It is what I want. I have had my heart broken too often so I'm not going to fall for the same mistakes. That doesn't make it a bad decision though, it's just learning from experience, and for me attaching myself to other people in that way is unhealthy.

Not to cross my boundaries but whoever broke your heart so bad is a pathetic jerk! I really hope having your heart broken in no way was a factor to why you have made this decision. I know the thought of allowing someone that close to you can be a little scary as you're vulnerable which some of us hate because it means the person we trust and love could hurt us.
Sadly I've had so many of my girl best friends face so much crap and I had originally lost all hope in relationships. I won't say my friend's name, I'll call her Amy but Amy my very best friend who is now 19, the guy she had dated for 5 flipping years admitted he had cheated on her while they were dating with multiple girls and revealed this was why she had a STI due to his 'fun' lifestyle. And can you believe this ass trying saying sorry though currently he has two kids...I cried on the phone with her because I remember how happy he made her, especially how she came from a dysfunctional family and home- he was there when her parents weren't. A devil in disguise, It's so f*cked up. It's only recently she started being open to guys again and has agreed to take things very slow.
Not to cross my boundaries but whoever broke your heart so bad is a pathetic jerk! I really hope having your heart broken in no way was a factor to why you have made this decision. I know the thought of allowing someone that close to you can be a little scary as you're vulnerable which some of us hate because it means the person we trust and love could hurt us.
Sadly I've had so many of my girl best friends face so much crap and I had originally lost all hope in relationships. I won't say my friend's name, I'll call her Amy but Amy my very best friend who is now 19, the guy she had dated for 5 flipping years admitted he had cheated on her while they were dating with multiple girls and revealed this was why she had a STI due to his 'fun' lifestyle. And can you believe this ass trying saying sorry though currently he has two kids...I cried on the phone with her because I remember how happy he made her, especially how she came from a dysfunctional family and home- he was there when her parents weren't. A devil in disguise, It's so f*cked up. It's only recently she started being open to guys again and has agreed to take things very slow.

I'm very sorry to hear what happened to your friend. We are told to believe that people are generally good in nature but sadly it isn't true and people are capable of doing very shitty things in the right circumstances. Thankfully my case wasn't as bad. Nothing even happened, its just several cases of unrequited love over several years that made me rethink the value of romantic relationships. Having the person you love chose someone else over you is one of the worst feelings in the world, and I refuse to go through that again. I'm just not liked in that way and I don't think about people in that way either. Not anymore.
(edited 7 years ago)
one more reason to be celibate:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/viral4real/videos/578541998989541/[/video]

lol!
I'm very sorry to hear what happened to your friend. We are told to believe that people are generally good in nature but sadly it isn't true and people are capable of doing very shitty things in the right circumstances. Thankfully my case wasn't as bad. Nothing even happened, its just several cases of unrequited love over several years that made me rethink the value of romantic relationships. Having the person you love chose someone else over you is one of the worst feelings in the world, and I refuse to go through that again. I'm just not liked in that way and I don't think about people in that way either. Not anymore.

I know the feel. After years of being stabbed in the back I refuse to talk to anyone anymore.
Reply 148
True story, I used to be a child-prodigy and billionaire surrounded by beautiful women, but all that came crashing down when I had sex and nearly died.
Sex: not even once
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Venusian Visitor
I know the feel. After years of being stabbed in the back I refuse to talk to anyone anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that. what happened?
I'm seeing how long I can go without thinking about sex - I'm down to it cropping up voluntarily around once a week. Other arbitrary thoughts of similar ilk are shot down pretty quick, and I think I could be asexual.
"NEVER HAVE SEX BECAUSE YOUR LIFE WILL BE RUINED BY STDs!"

Fantastic logic there

I totally agree and I'm glad you haven't experienced what my best friend went through, the aftermath has been so devastating.
Unrequited love? When I read this I feel so bad. I'm currently in this situation but it's the other way round. God forgive me, I know I may seem like a bad person. He is a nice guy who would go all lengths for me, I can tell is really in love but is loving too passionately. The reason why I've been saying no to him though is because he's very controlling. I can see him becoming so crazily in love to where he becomes borderline insane and aggressive. My fear is being in an abusive relationship. He's grabbed my hand before, pinning my hand down to the couch and we never even dated. What makes it worse was that his ex cheated on him too so I feel like he needs to still take time to heal and grow. I have faith that one day, I'll meet the right guy and the right time. Ah, I'm just here revealing my life story. Sorry for seeming quite pathetic but I just wanted to tell you you're not alone.
I totally agree and I'm glad you haven't experienced what my best friend went through, the aftermath has been so devastating.
Unrequited love? When I read this I feel so bad. I'm currently in this situation but it's the other way round. God forgive me, I know I may seem like a bad person. He is a nice guy who would go all lengths for me, I can tell is really in love but is loving too passionately. The reason why I've been saying no to him though is because he's very controlling. I can see him becoming so crazily in love to where he becomes borderline insane and aggressive. My fear is being in an abusive relationship. He's grabbed my hand before, pinning my hand down to the couch and we never even dated. What makes it worse was that his ex cheated on him too so I feel like he needs to still take time to heal and grow. I have faith that one day, I'll meet the right guy and the right time. Ah, I'm just here revealing my life story. Sorry for seeming quite pathetic but I just wanted to tell you you're not alone.

He sounds really possessive and I would avoid at all costs. Please don't end up going out with him out of pity, he might be abusive and it isn't worth the risk. You are not a bad person. Just because he's nice to you sometimes doesn't mean you owe him anything, You seem to be afraid of him so I would advise you to distance yourself from him. You don't want someone like that as a friend let alone a boyfriend.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why is everyone so against celibacy?
Original post by loveleest
Why is everyone so against celibacy?

that's what I'd like to know.
Original post by Alexion
"NEVER HAVE SEX BECAUSE YOUR LIFE WILL BE RUINED BY STDs!"

Fantastic logic there

It's not the only argument for celibacy but it's still a valid one. Yes there is protection but in practice people who have lots of sexual partners are more prone to getting STIs. That's just a fact.
It's not the only argument for celibacy but it's still a valid one. Yes there is protection but in practice people who have lots of sexual partners are more prone to getting STIs. That's just a fact.

That's not an argument for being celibate. That's just an argument against careless promiscuity :dontknow:
Original post by Alexion
That's not an argument for being celibate. That's just an argument against careless promiscuity :dontknow:

Well at the end of the day no one has to justify their lifestyle choices. I think it's a good idea for people who keep choosing the wrong people.
Bump.

Quick Reply

Latest