The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language & Literature

A* students, I need urgent help in both language and literature. I just can't 'think-outside-the-box' and be 'sensitive, convincing and insightful'. I really suck at English anyway, but please help me improve my marks in it?
Original post by ShiawaseNekox3
A* students, I need urgent help in both language and literature. I just can't 'think-outside-the-box' and be 'sensitive, convincing and insightful'. I really suck at English anyway, but please help me improve my marks in it?

Hey, I'm studying English Literature and Language at A Level, I could try and help? Which texts are you studying?
Original post by katycheung
Hey, I'm studying English Literature and Language at A Level, I could try and help? Which texts are you studying?

I struggle with everything
I struggle with everything

It might seem that way, but I think you just need a little bit of encouragement and a few ideas to get you started. English is pretty subjective so there's no right answer as you can find new ideas every time you go over a text. You just have to be able to justify your ideas :^_^: Do you have a specific question you're working on at the moment?
Reply 4

To get the higher grades you should use this structure
Point
Evidence (quotations/phrases)
Analyse (Interpretation also an alternate interpretation)
Zoom into language (individual words)
Relate to context

My teacher taught me PEAZR.
Original post by Tinka99
To get the higher grades you should use this structure
Point
Evidence (quotations/phrases)
Analyse (Interpretation also an alternate interpretation)
Zoom into language (individual words)
Relate to context

My teacher taught me PEAZR.

Can you give me an example?

Quick Reply

Latest