But of course. Wouldn't want you getting too soft on us, now. :rolleyes:

I never get soft. Never.

Spoiler

Is this part of your punishment or your pay packet? :beard:

Can't you deduce that from the :cry: emoji? :holmes:

While I hesitate to make accusations,

Yeah, riiiight. :eviltongue:

I'd swear you're starting to enjoy this. :colonhash:

On the advice of counsel, I would like to exercise my Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination. :pierre:

But yes, I shall wait in dread at my fax machine. I was not aware I was in possession of a fax machine, but you learn new things everyday, I suppose. :awesome:

You don't have a fax machine?! :eek3:
Original post by *Stefan*
Lol. Yeah, it's that and not that there's no proof of his existence or that most of what's included in the "holy" books is either disturbing or plain wrong

Joker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But if god isn't real who created the world?
Original post by Rhythmical
'I don't know if I can post my religious beliefs on TSR, I wish to keep this private as my belief in Allah is strong and I do not believe in making it public,'.

What are those apostrophe's around the words?
Anyways... OKAY! :biggrin:
Original post by misslovinggrace
There is no evidence of many things in this world yet we still believe in them. It's called faith.

Posted from TSR Mobile

such as
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
What are those apostrophe's around the words?
Anyways... OKAY! :biggrin:

I don't know, but I just shortened my answer lol.
Original post by PrinceProsperity
But if god isn't real who created the world?

If God is real who created him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karl pilkington
no I view God as a superstition there is no evidence for him/her. It is far more likely that everything (life) gradually adapted to earth rather than was made perfect to begin with.

You speak as though evolution and a deity are mutually exclusive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

god cannot be created.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing. Eternal.
Original post by champ_mc99
You speak as though evolution and a deity are mutually exclusive?

Well I believe they are. No religion out there mentions evolution, you may get some clever theologian to come along and say God created evolution I would say that is merely back tracking after they have been caught out. All religions say God created everything so the scientific fact of evolution directly contradicts that.
such as

Most of us have never seen the evidence or understood the numbers that show the Earth revolves around the Sun. We trust our teachers, science and our common sense. But, unless you are at a lab and were part of the experiments first hand, you're just taking someone's word for it.

You expect your parents love you because they says they do. But do you have direct evidence of this? Do you have biological samples that show the chemicals that trigger the emotion of love in their brains?

I could go on and on. The point is almost everything in the world requires FAITH.
Well I believe they are. No religion out there mentions evolution, you may get some clever theologian to come along and say God created evolution I would say that is merely back tracking after they have been caught out. All religions say God created everything so the scientific fact of evolution directly contradicts that.

Why do you have to be religious or even believe in a personal God. Deism can still work with evolution.
Yes, not believing in god is just an excuse to sin is it not?

So people who believe in God don't sin?
god cannot be created.

Nothing. Eternal.

You both just defeated your points. Religious people decline to accept that Earth was created without a "Creator". If Earth necessarily needed a creator, what makes you think God does not have s creator himself - and so on?

Also, do people actually think that Earth was created 6000 years ago, and God spoke words which materialised? Doesn't sound like someone's imagination at all :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most of us have never seen the evidence or understood the numbers that show the Earth revolves around the Sun. We trust our teachers, science and our common sense. But, unless you are at a lab and were part of the experiments first hand, you're just taking someone's word for it.

You expect your parents love you because they says they do. But do you have direct evidence of this? Do you have biological samples that show the chemicals that trigger the emotion of love in their brains?

I could go on and on. The point is almost everything in the world requires FAITH.

no those things are underpinned by thr fact we can see our parents love us through their actions we can see planets on tv and the sky etc. There is a difference between partial faith and blind faith. Religion is based on blind faith as in there is no reinforcement or even minuscule evidence. Also everyone agrees on the planets etc but all religions contradict each other.

No, don't be moving the goalposts now. Your initial comment was that there are plenty of things for which there is NO evidence, not that there are things most of us haven't seen which we know to be true. There IS evidence for the Earth going round the sun which comes from the known natural laws.

While you may not have read the scientific evidence, it's still there, that's the point. If you wanted to you could go and read the proofs for all of these things and do the necessary experiments in the lab. So you not having bothered to read the evidence for yourself doesn't mean it isn't there.

There is, however, not an iota of scientific or empirical evidence for a god's existence.
(edited 7 years ago)
no those things are underpinned by thr fact we can see our parents love us through their actions we can see planets on tv and the sky etc. There is a difference between partial faith and blind faith. Religion is based on blind faith as in there is no reinforcement or even minuscule evidence. Also everyone agrees on the planets etc but all religions contradict each other.

The same way you can see your parents love you by their actions I can see that God is real through miracles and unexplainable things.
Why do you have to be religious or even believe in a personal God. Deism can still work with evolution.

Well maybe but I would say he/she has no purpose, if everything evolved then why does he need to be there in the first place? You are free to believe in what you like but I meant that evolution reinforces my lack of belief in God.
You both just defeated your points. Religious people decline to accept that Earth was created without a "Creator". If Earth necessarily needed a creator, what makes you think God does not have s creator himself - and so on?

Also, do people actually think that Earth was created 6000 years ago, and God spoke words which materialised? Doesn't sound like someone's imagination at all :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not defeated. Under the laws of physics the causation argument applies: everything in the universe had a cause and hence the universe did too. If God is outside time and space (where physics works) then He doesn't need a creator.

Secondly, I have no idea why you brought religion into it when you can believe in a God without one, hence irrelevant. I'm not Christian but... they don't believe the Earth was created 6000 years ago.

To be incredibly pedantic about it, that would only mean that the major world religions are incompatible with evolution. It's still possible to be a deist, which would mean that one credits the argument from design, but is an agnostic in all other respects (i.e. one doesn't claim to know the mind of God, what he wants people to eat, drink, wear, etc.).

Original post by ShiawaseNekox3
Yes, I believe in God... why?

The OP explained why:

Original post by Aaron2515
Hello, this question is open to everyone and basically wondering people's views if they believe in a God/creator or of different faith or agnostic or atheist etc and also why you believe in what you believe in! This for RS views which will be most helpful. Thank you

Original post by Aaron2515
Thank you all! For your comments - really interesting. I myself am a Christian and do believe in a God. But in the end if there is no God (which I don't believe to be true) then, it's not like we missed out cause we won't no any better would we cause we would be dead. But if there is a God and people haven chosen ignore him then, it could possibly result in no afterlife or in medieval teaching - eternal damnation. Also another belief which I have found interesting is the concept that maybe Muslims, Christians and other faiths of monotheism are believing in the same God. That maybe in the end if there is a God he is the same for us all and there is no separate heavan etc and afterlife but rather it was taught differently to different people so that they can understand. But we may find out one day!!

I notice that you've edited this in. What you've used there is Pascal's Wager, and it's much too problematic to be a strong justification for belief. It's not a simple god/no god dichotomy. There are many gods in current circulation, most of whom insist that worshipping any other god but them is a grave offence punishable by all manner of torture and eternal suffering. So it's not quite so easy to hedge your bets by choosing Christianity over atheism/agnosticism -- what if one of the Norse gods is the real one? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest