The Student Room Group

Depressed for not experiencing my first kiss yet

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=BhagwanNoBhool;64346887]Feeling depressed =/= Having Depression
Just as
Feeling anxious =/= Having Anxiety

There's nothing wrong in what OP said. The condition was named after the feeling, not the other way around

Calm down. I was only making a point that people throw that word about like people saying I feel depressed because I got a B in my exam. The choice of word seems odd maybe feeling low, sad or insecure but not depressed.
Original post by Proxenus
I've been feeling this lately omg. I just hate society places you on the lower ladder just because you are below avg looking. we're both unfortunate to have Chinese features (ugliest race in East asia imo) but then we have to think how lucky we are that we dont suffer an major diseases.

every now and then i go through a depressed state because I don't like what i see in the mirror. makes me go crazy. but then watch things like the man who suffered 95% burns and makes me soo grateful

my plan is to:

use facial creams for a smooth clear face
exercise
fresh haircut

also why dont you post a pic of yourself then we can give you feedback on ways to improve e.g trim eyebrows? who cares what we think of you you can only gain from this.

This aswell :lol:

You need to look at yourself and ask what's going wrong and if you're that desperate to get some action then make changes.
Don't want to sound like a dick but YOU are the reason you can't get any action. And I don't think it is your looks that are the problem. You have said yourself you only go for white girls. YOU constantly put white girls on a pedastal and reek of self hated and insecurity. YOU blame everyone around you, it MUST be that they don't like you because you're south east asian, not because you have severely unattractive personality flaws.
If you want to get some action anytime soon, YOU need to stop hating your own race, hating yourself and start making positive changes to your life.
I don't like being so blunt but you've made a thousands threads on this **** and take no ones advice, either make some ****ing changes or carry on being a self pitying cry baby bitchboy who no one could ever possibly love on an intimate level...
Original post by Indieboohoo1
Calm down. I was only making a point that people throw that word about like people saying I feel depressed because I got a B in my exam. The choice of word seems odd maybe feeling low, sad or insecure but not depressed.

I'm not angry lol, I was just telling you that OP didn't do anything wrong.
Basically, feeling depressed is experiencing intense sadness that takes over your mind.
Having depression is feeling depressed all the time (or a lot of the time)

If someone worked really hard for their exams and getting an A* was really important to them, then them getting a B might make the feel depressed but they wouldn't have depression if that makes sense?
Don't tell me to shut up you twelve year old little boy. Real mature.

How do you make friends with such a high level of narcissm
[QUOTE=VeniViciVidi;64347275]How do you make friends with such a high level of narcissm

I have plenty of friends thanks and if you're not honest with your friends you would be surrounded by fake people. Also I'm not narcissistic and I never will be :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by VeniViciVidi
How do you make friends with such a high level of narcissm

Err, narcissism is a serious illness I don't like how the word is used on trivial self-centredness.
I can relate never had a first kiss yet, so what if you haven't had a first kiss. I used to be very insecure but now I am alot more confident in myself and with that then you can attract alot of girl it depends how you carry yourself. I used to think im ugly and I cant get any girls but the way I carry myself around now I get alot of attention.

The moral of the story is to learn to love yourself first because if you don't love yourself who is going to love you?
[QUOTE=BhagwanNoBhool;64347261]I'm not angry lol, I was just telling you that OP didn't do anything wrong.
Basically, feeling depressed is experiencing intense sadness that takes over your mind.
Having depression is feeling depressed all the time (or a lot of the time)

If someone worked really hard for their exams and getting an A* was really important to them, then them getting a B might make the feel depressed but they wouldn't have depression if that makes sense?

There's a lot of people that work hard for their grades and get a B or lower on their exams. Still doesn't mean it's the end of the world. I still think depressed is the wrong word to use in this instance. OP will have his first kiss eventually it's not going to kill him to wait until that happens.
infact ive never dated a girl in my life too lol but im not bothered by it, just keep focusing on yourself and making sure you are comfortable in your skin
Gonna sound a bit ridiculous asking this, but does a kiss on the neck count as a first kiss in your eyes or only full on on the lips?
Reply 71
There's a lot of people that work hard for their grades and get a B or lower on their exams. Still doesn't mean it's the end of the world. I still think depressed is the wrong word to use in this instance. OP will have his first kiss eventually it's not going to kill him to wait until that happens.

How do you know it will happen eventually? I am 25 now so why hasn't it happened earlier? Because I am ugly and have disgusting features that probably make girls puke that's why. Why can't I feel depressed about that?
Reply 72
Original post by Mr Smurf
How do you know it will happen eventually? I am 25 now so why hasn't it happened earlier? Because I am ugly and have disgusting features that probably make girls puke. Why can't I feel depressed about that?

Because you think of yourself badly! if you love yourself then people will feel that about you and you will be more confident. CONFIDENCE is everything!

look im 18 and ive never kissed or even dated a girl in my life and I haven't been bothered about it because it will come eventually its only a minor thing.
Reply 73
Original post by S345k
Because you think of yourself badly! if you love yourself then people will feel that about you and you will be more confident. CONFIDENCE is everything!

look im 18 and ive never kissed or even dated a girl in my life and I haven't been bothered about it because it will come eventually its only a minor thing.

When I was 18 I wasn't too bothered either. But now I am at this age.
Reply 74
Original post by TercioOfParma
Gonna sound a bit ridiculous asking this, but does a kiss on the neck count as a first kiss in your eyes or only full on on the lips?

Only full on the lips.
[QUOTE=Mr Smurf;64347679]How do you know it will happen eventually? I am 25 now so why hasn't it happened earlier? Because I am ugly and have disgusting features that probably make girls puke that's why. Why can't I feel depressed about that?

I know you feel insecure and sad but it's something everyone experiences in life. Do you feel suicidal over it? Guys get away with being less attractive anyway if a girl is ugly a guy would not even talk to her. Have you tried talking to girls more in your league if it bothers you that much.

Well I think it's unfair for you to say what other should be able to get upset over. I don't think we could comprehend the amount of passion some people have towards their grades, especially if they know they need them to do a certain thing in the future. People experience different things, differently. I think we're all guilty at some point of assuming everyone has the same emotional strength as we do, or is effected by things in the same way we are.

I think it's easy for someone who may have experienced their first kiss to say something like that, but I can imagine it's very dehumanising to feel rejected by everyone you know. Imagine if those thoughts were internalised? All those feelings could very easily manifest into self loathing which could lead to depression.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mr Smurf
Only full on the lips.

I was asking in general, but thanks for the opinion.

From reading the thread, it would seem you are very shy and have low self-esteem. You can find out how to deal with this through google and resources for this are everywhere.

It's very unlikely that you are too ugly, what I think it is is that you lack confidence, which is a monumentally important trait to have.
[QUOTE=BhagwanNoBhool;64348045]Well I think it's unfair for you to say what other should be able to get upset over. I don't think we could comprehend the amount of passion some people have towards their grades, especially if they know they need them to do a certain thing in the future. People experience different things, differently. I think we're all guilty at some point of assuming everyone has the same emotional strength as we do, or is effected by things in the same way we are.

I think it's easy for someone who may have experienced their first kiss to say something like that, but I can imagine it's very dehumanising to feel rejected by everyone you know. Imagine if those thoughts were internalised? All those feelings could very easily manifest into self loathing which could lead to depression.

Spoiler

I understand were you're coming from. Also I've never had a boy/girlfriend before I just think more positively about things maybe it's because I take antidepressants for my depression.
I understand were you're coming from. Also I've never had a boy/girlfriend before I just think more positively about things maybe it's because I take antidepressants for my depression.

Anti-depressants never ended up doing much good for me, side effects weren't pleasant to say the least. I hope you get better soon though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending