The Student Room Group

I literally don't think i'm ever going to get a boyfriend...

Scroll to see replies

Don't no why but i imagine the OP to be that fat whale of a cockblocker in her group of friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MevMev
square 1 = single
and np dude :P

I wasnt trying to get with you btw.
I dont use this as a dating site
But im probably gonna stay at square 1 forever tbh! Im a girl reppellent tbh
Original post by MevMev
i dunno anymore i thought u were a medical applicant just allow it then lol

You definitely have to find out :P Im scared lol
Original post by Anonymous
Any guy that I think shows a slight interest in me, ends up just ignoring me. Unless they only want me for one thing:frown:
All my friends have boyfriends and I don't know how they do it. I'm not unnatractive, people call me pretty and I try to be a nice person. I'm 18 btw.
I'm supposed to be starting a midwifery course in a few months and I don't think I'm going to find a boyfriend there:/ Please don't tell me I'm being desperate, I feel lonely and like there's something wrong with me. Please give me some advice... thank you!

Honestly dont worry. learn how to be confident and sociable, know what you do and dont wnat, then its a numbers game. Dont give up before you have even started.
Reply 44
So, bonkers, you've hardly started trying. Being a midwife is a highly responsible, important and attractive career. And last time I looked the NHS was littered with males.. Keep at it.
Reply 45
Original post by FireFreezer77
I wasnt trying to get with you btw.
I dont use this as a dating site
But im probably gonna stay at square 1 forever tbh! Im a girl reppellent tbh

yeah obviously I'm aware of that and i didn't think u were lol i was just trying to be sarcastic and funny but never mind not every one gets my lvl 10 banter :P
Reply 46
Original post by Ayaz789
You definitely have to find out :P Im scared lol

ok dude enough i mixed u up with someone else with that name probably i dunno mate stop giving me notifications on this thread man cba
Any guy that I think shows a slight interest in me, ends up just ignoring me. Unless they only want me for one thing:frown:
All my friends have boyfriends and I don't know how they do it. I'm not unnatractive, people call me pretty and I try to be a nice person. I'm 18 btw.
I'm supposed to be starting a midwifery course in a few months and I don't think I'm going to find a boyfriend there:/ Please don't tell me I'm being desperate, I feel lonely and like there's something wrong with me. Please give me some advice... thank you!
stop your nonsense, You will find someone in your life and forget about your friends that have boyfriends. just because your in a relationship doesn't mean everything is hunky dory, who knows ? they could be upset/depressed in the relationship...
Original post by MevMev
ok dude enough i mixed u up with someone else with that name probably i dunno mate stop giving me notifications on this thread man cba

Safe then , next time dont mention me then:thumbsdown:
You'll be fine. Girls have plenty of opportunities to find a partner, just check out online dating or Tinder. :smile:
Original post by MevMev
yeah obviously I'm aware of that and i didn't think u were lol i was just trying to be sarcastic and funny but never mind not every one gets my lvl 10 banter :P

I'm not great with banter tbh, sorry!

Online dating may achieve positive results, otherwise I'm afraid that I'd be awful advise on the topic of instigating relationships as I've never had one :colondollar: I'd wager that there's nothing wrong with you though miss - it may just be bad timing :smile:

Also depends upon whether you have a particular type perhaps. For example, would interest from me repulse you? :smile:
Hey, don't worry you come across as really nice. Up to being 18 its hardly like you meet a wide range of guys, when you go to uni youll meet so many more. life doesn't start when you get in a couple, i know thats not what you feel right now cause your fed up with it but trust me, when you meet that guy/gal you'll be really happy you didn't just put up with anyone. Enjoy being single while it lasts and when you stop looking for a date, you'll fine one :biggrin: Good luck

P.S. ignore the people being nasty on here, If their week is only as good as insulting an 18 yr old they reallllllly need a new hobby :P
Purely anecdotal evidence suggests to me that the ones that are successful are the ones that don't get immensely down about it and don't focus intensely on looking to get with somebody.
When its uni then you will have your chance :smile:
I feel you, OP. Exact same issue for me.

I'm 20, male and I have the same but with girls. I find that a lack of relationship is the only thing from making me truely happy. Every time I try, they either go silent on me, say they're busy (after days of great chatter which they say they enjoy and they find me funny, mind you) and I'm not even clingy, needy or anything... I don't message them every third day asking them out. I have a car, a stable financial situation, and I am trying to make my hobby a career. I'm opinionated, I have lots to talk about, I'm not ugly, and I have a lot of hobbies, interests and my input is appreciated at work.

I really don't get how girls can first be all over me with interest, and then just seem to get bored and lose interest completely, to the point where they say "They're busy" when all I do is ask them out directly on a date, and I don't exactly wait it out for a long time.

I feel like I'm going in circles, so I'm losing hope I will ever be in a relationship. I'm tired of doing the chasing.
I'm sure you'll find a guy who doesn't have a boyfriend either. C:

It happens when you least expect it. My advice is to focus on work and find happiness in new friends/going out/ uni life and see where life takes u.
I feel you, OP. Exact same issue for me.

I'm 20, male and I have the same but with girls. I find that a lack of relationship is the only thing from making me truely happy. Every time I try, they either go silent on me, say they're busy (after days of great chatter which they say they enjoy and they find me funny, mind you) and I'm not even clingy, needy or anything... I don't message them every third day asking them out. I have a car, a stable financial situation, and I am trying to make my hobby a career. I'm opinionated, I have lots to talk about, I'm not ugly, and I have a lot of hobbies, interests and my input is appreciated at work.

I really don't get how girls can first be all over me with interest, and then just seem to get bored and lose interest completely, to the point where they say "They're busy" when all I do is ask them out directly on a date, and I don't exactly wait it out for a long time.

I feel like I'm going in circles, so I'm losing hope I will ever be in a relationship. I'm tired of doing the chasing.

maybe you're after the wrong girls
Don't worry too much... if you're right then it's not the end of the world.:smile: I'm never going to get a boyfriend either and it's depressing if you dwell on it .... so don't dwell on it!! You're only 18 so you actually have plenty of time to find someone. Chances are, I bet in the next few years you'll have a boyfriend.:yep: I highly doubt you'll be a spinster like me! It's just so unlikely if you are pretty and meet lots of men. You'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending