The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

overight guests at cardiff accomodation, yes or no?

Ive recently accepted Cardiff as my firm offer to take law and politics and have completed my application for accommodation.
however, im in a LDR and im just wondering about the accommodation.
Does anyone know about the guest policy? Are people allowed to stay over night? if so for how long and do they need some kind of guest pass?
sorry for so many questions just super interested to know
Reply 1
Hiya :smile: I'm in an LDR too, and I was wondering the same thing when I applied... I think it'll be made more clear when you get the accomodation contracts through after results day, but for most universities I think it's about 2 nights that a guest is able to stay over, but it varies depending on where you go, for others it can be longer or less than that. I think 2 nights is the average, so basically a weekend, but you'll have to check in the summer. I visit my boyfriend at his university pretty often, and I don't need a pass, but obviously you can go into specific buildings without a keycard, eg the accomodation block,.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by LC383
Hiya :smile: I'm in an LDR too, and I was wondering the same thing when I applied... I think it'll be made more clear when you get the accomodation contracts through after results day, but for most universities I think it's about 2 nights that a guest is able to stay over, but it varies depending on where you go, for others it can be longer or less than that. I think 2 nights is the average, so basically a weekend, but you'll have to check in the summer. I visit my boyfriend at his university pretty often, and I don't need a pass, but obviously you can go into specific buildings without a keycard, eg the accomodation block,.

Thank you so much for replying! That was really helpful
Reply 3
Original post by sharna98
Thank you so much for replying! That was really helpful

No problem! I was wondering the exact same about Cardiff myself! :')
We just have people visiting whenever as nobody checks. As long as they haven't full-blown moved in or don't annoy your flatmates too much then you should be fine.
Formally I think it's up to 2 days a term but I'm not 100% sure.
Reply 5
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
We just have people visiting whenever as nobody checks. As long as they haven't full-blown moved in or don't annoy your flatmates too much then you should be fine.

Is that the same for every accomodation, or are there any which are a bit stricter when it comes to that?
Original post by LC383
Is that the same for every accomodation, or are there any which are a bit stricter when it comes to that?

Fairly sure it's the same everywhere
Reply 7
Original post by ThePhoenixLament

This is also really helpful thanks, its really only when he comes down to visit anyway so not too long periods of time
I'm in Taly South and have had people over all the time and it is not checked, they're really not strict on it even though it says you can only have a guest for 2 nights a month. Lots of people bring back one night stands from clubs and obviously they don't get registered. Haven't heard of anyone being told off for it because there is no way to monitor it.
Reply 9
Original post by journocardiff
I'm in Taly South and have had people over all the time and it is not checked, they're really not strict on it even though it says you can only have a guest for 2 nights a month. Lots of people bring back one night stands from clubs and obviously they don't get registered. Haven't heard of anyone being told off for it because there is no way to monitor it.

Yeah my bf would really only be staying for like 4 nights a month anyway, like a weekend every now and then so i hope im not pushing it
Original post by sharna98
Ive recently accepted Cardiff as my firm offer to take law and politics and have completed my application for accommodation.
however, im in a LDR and im just wondering about the accommodation.
Does anyone know about the guest policy? Are people allowed to stay over night? if so for how long and do they need some kind of guest pass?
sorry for so many questions just super interested to know

Original post by LC383

I lived in Taly North last year (although I'm pretty sure the same policy applies for all Cardiff University owned accomodation), but the official policy was that you could have someone stay for two nights per month, and you were supposed to register them with on site reception, and they could park their car for £1 a night if onsite parking was available. However, nobody actually does this, I had many friends come to stay without registering and loads of people bring back people from clubs, so it's not very well enforced.

Congrats at getting into Cardiff!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending