The Student Room Group

Does it annoy you doing assignments in 3rd person?

I have to admit personally I found it hard going from 1st person to 3rd person. However now I think I have mastered it...now and again I am like HOW DO I WRITE THIS IN 3RD PERSON???!!!!

How do you find it?
ForestShadow finds it pretty easy tbh, ForestShadow just uses ForestShadow every time he refers to himself instead of the alternate first person grammar substituting ForestShadow quickly and easily, saying ForestShadow is like 2nd nature now, its easy for me at least

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by urbanlocations
I have to admit personally I found it hard going from 1st person to 3rd person. However now I think I have mastered it...now and again I am like HOW DO I WRITE THIS IN 3RD PERSON???!!!!

How do you find it?

You start every sentence with He
Reply 3
one could argue that writing essays is particularly difficult
I used to, but not any more. I've had to hand in 6 essays this year alone, all in 3rd person.
Original post by Dodgypirate
I used to, but not any more. I've had to hand in 6 essays this year alone, all in 3rd person.

Im on 4 atm :frown:
Original post by ForestShadow
ForestShadow finds it pretty easy tbh, ForestShadow just uses ForestShadow every time he refers to himself instead of the alternate first person grammar substituting ForestShadow quickly and easily, saying ForestShadow is like 2nd nature now, its easy for me at least

Spoiler

Why did I read all that...

How do you find it?

I am used to it, I prefer it to first/second person to be honest.
Reply 8
i write mine in the first person. i once wrote one in the 3rd, but i got such a bad grade for it, never again!
Why did I read all that...

Original post by rhythmical
i am used to it, i prefer it to first/second person to be honest.

noooooooooooooooo
Original post by ForestShadow

CORRECT
noooooooooooooooo

What happened to the grammar in my quote? :tongue:
bear™ finds it like meh
No she enjoys it
Original post by Rhythmical
What happened to the grammar in my quote? :tongue:

Urbanlocations (2016) suggests that you are wrong.
Urbanlocations (2016) suggests that you are wrong.

Ooh putting authentication on it, those assignments are making you go crazy! :tongue:
No, I prefer it.
Original post by SophieSmall
No, I prefer it.

Hmmm sometimes yes... but sometimes can be difficult.
I don't think I write in either first or third person tbh, I don't mention myself!

Quick Reply

Latest